ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching to Student Visa when on FLR Application

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Kully22
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Switching to Student Visa when on FLR Application

Post by Kully22 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:07 am

I have Completed my MBA and applied for PhD But i did not get any decision from the university and my visa going to runout on 21st January so if I apply for flro before my visa runout, would i able to apply for my tire 4 visa if my university give me a place for phd with in the UK ?

Casa

Re: Switching to Student Visa when on FLR Application

Post by Casa » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:22 am

Your post has been moved to your own topic from the member's thread you had tagged your question onto.

It's not only unfair to the other member, but also causes confusion.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Kully22
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Kully22 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:23 am

I didnt not find the option to make new topic thats why i have done that sorry about it but can you please answer my question

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:50 am

Kully22 wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:07 am
I have Completed my MBA and applied for PhD But i did not get any decision from the university and my visa going to runout on 21st January so if I apply for flro before my visa runout, would i able to apply for my tire 4 visa if my university give me a place for phd with in the UK ?
The application form FLR(O) was withdrawn over two years ago, and replaced with several different application routes depending on your circumstances.

Another user asked this same question in the topic where you originally posted, and I gave detailed information there. It is all still correct.

I strongly advise you discuss your concerns with your Tier 4 sponsor. They may be unwilling to issue a CAS to someone has has made a LTR application outside the rules, because of the possibility of a credibility refusal.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.