ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Vesh123
Mood:

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by Vesh123 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:24 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:42 pm
Vesh123 wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:26 pm
Hi

I’ve a question. Could someone help?

I’m filling up the online form and need help regarding ‘Previous applications’ question

Should I click yes or No, if I click yes then it ask for the previous application reference. Do I really need to provide the detail or they do have all the applications history?

Thanks
Vesh
Yes you need to answer the question and state all your previous UK immigration applications made. If HO was simply going to check FOR YOU, they wouldn't ask the question.
Thanks for your reply, But what if I don't remember the details (asked in form) all the previous application made date, reference number and the detail of biomatric taken??

Thanks
Vesh

ellie_n_beeb
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by ellie_n_beeb » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:57 pm

Vesh123 wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:24 pm
CR001 wrote:
Vesh123 wrote:
Hi

I’m filling up the online form and need help regarding ‘Previous applications’ question

Should I click yes or No, if I click yes then it ask for the previous application reference. Do I really need to provide the detail or they do have all the applications history?

Thanks
Vesh
Yes you need to answer the question and state all your previous UK immigration applications made. If HO was simply going to check FOR YOU, they wouldn't ask the question.
Thanks for your reply, But what if I don't remember the details (asked in form) all the previous application made date, reference number and the detail of biomatric taken??

Thanks
Vesh
When I applied in November with the NCS, I was told it was absolutely fine to leave it blank if you no longer have record of the reference numbers. My application was approved within 3 weeks, so it didn't appear to be a problem.

I left the reference number section empty, and I put an approximate answer for the location and year I had my biometrics done initially.

Hioru

Post by Hioru » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:02 am

ellie_n_beeb wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:57 pm
Vesh123 wrote:
CR001 wrote:
Vesh123 wrote:
Hi

Thanks
Vesh

Thanks
Vesh
When I applied in November with the NCS, I was told it was absolutely fine to leave it blank if you no longer have record of the reference numbers. My application was approved within 3 weeks, so it didn't appear to be a problem.

I left the reference number section empty, and I put an approximate answer for the location and year I had my biometrics done initially.
So you still answered the question, just didn't provide them with the exact reference numbers..

alsanober
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by alsanober » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:53 am

Hioru wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:02 am
ellie_n_beeb wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:57 pm
Vesh123 wrote:
CR001 wrote:

Thanks
Vesh

So you still answered the question, just didn't provide them with the exact reference numbers..
i think its worth applying for SAR from Home office, it should give full history on applications. I have done mine today.

Jane_Doe
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by Jane_Doe » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:45 pm

I've been living in the UK for over 6 years and I'd like to apply for citizenship as soon as possible.
I have applied for Permanent Residence a few days ago and will provide the documents via the European Passport Return service on Tuesday.
What I'm unsure about is how this all looks with Brexit ahead. I should be able to get the confirmation of Permanent Residence and apply for naturalisation before the 29th of March, but what happens to my application if it's not processed by the time the UK leaves the EU? As in, how does it affect my Permanent Residence status and therefore my eligibility of the citizenship?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:23 pm

Jane_Doe wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:45 pm
I've been living in the UK for over 6 years and I'd like to apply for citizenship as soon as possible.
I have applied for Permanent Residence a few days ago and will provide the documents via the European Passport Return service on Tuesday.
What I'm unsure about is how this all looks with Brexit ahead. I should be able to get the confirmation of Permanent Residence and apply for naturalisation before the 29th of March, but what happens to my application if it's not processed by the time the UK leaves the EU? As in, how does it affect my Permanent Residence status and therefore my eligibility of the citizenship?
Naturalisation is not affected by brexit (British nationality law).
Guessing now, that UKVI will complete processing PR applications in their system, und you will use the PR document for the AN application.
Settled status will also come into force after 29.3.2019 - with public beta open on 21.1.2019. Guessing again, you will qualify for settled status (ILR) the successor to EU RC/PR. You will not loose your eligibility for AN.
https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-citizens-families
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Hioru

Post by Hioru » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:16 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:23 pm
Jane_Doe wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:45 pm
Naturalisation is not affected by brexit (British nationality law).
Guessing now, that UKVI will complete processing PR applications in their system, und you will use the PR document for the AN application.
Settled status will also come into force after 29.3.2019 - with public beta open on 21.1.2019. Guessing again, you will qualify for settled status (ILR) the successor to EU RC/PR. You will not loose your eligibility for AN.
https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-citizens-families
Difference is with PR you can apply for naturalisation ASAP (after 12 months from acquiring the status but not the document) once you get your document, with the new EU Settlement Scheme you have to wait 12 months from the date your ILR is issued.

Iadnan
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Iadnan » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:13 pm

Hi,

In the section for 2 referees I didnt read it correctly and sent through the references with the referees passport sized photo as opposed to my own.

Is this something that can affect my application and if so what can I do to change it?

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:06 pm

Iadnan wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:13 pm
Hi,

In the section for 2 referees I didnt read it correctly and sent through the references with the referees passport sized photo as opposed to my own.

Is this something that can affect my application and if so what can I do to change it?

Thanks
Well it's a mistake, you should write to UKVI stating your reference number, explain the situation and attach your own photo. When they look at the biometrics you have given they will spot the difference.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

alsanober
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by alsanober » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:15 pm

Iadnan wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:13 pm
Hi,

Thanks
What a man! how can you make such mistake bro. end of day we are humans but its so funny

. you will be ok, just write a letter to HO and they will understand.

Thanks

Vesh123
Mood:

Post by Vesh123 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:25 am

Hi, could anyone help me with question "Do you have any dependants not applying with you at this time?"

The thing is my wife is dependent on me but I've applied FLR(M) for her which is pending conclusion. What shall I say for the above question , YEs or No? as she has not got ILR yet

I would be thankful for the URGENT response.

Thanks
Vesh

mtsgill
Mood:

Post by mtsgill » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:18 am

Vesh123 wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:25 am
The thing is my wife is dependent on me but I've applied FLR(M) for her which is pending conclusion. What shall I say for the above question , YEs or No? as she has not got ILR yet
I would say NO because at this stage she is not eligible to apply at the same time as you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:42 am

Vesh123 wrote:
Hi, could anyone help me with question "Do you have any dependants not applying with you at this time?"

Thanks
Vesh
You need to say YES, as you DO have a dependent NOT applying with you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ancestor
South Africa

Post by Ancestor » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:41 pm

Experience of Group citizenship Ceremony exceeded expectations

Just my wife and my experience of and opinion for members/readers info.

I would recommend to anyone, unless you have a real urgent need to get your passport asap, do yourself a favor and consider waiting for the experience of a group ceremony.

My wife and I considered the option of having an earlier Private Ceremony which we would have had no problem doing, but after being told by numerous re the incredibly positive experience of a group ceremony, we decided to be patient, and I can positively say, what an experience, and were not disappointed.

We were both a little apprehensive to be honest, but both were happier for the wait and the rewarding experience of a Group Ceremony. The atmosphere and spirit exceeded our expectations.

We attended Aldershot Registry office, where there was a small but easily manageable group of 12 people, so was small enough to feel personal and big enough for the atmosphere and spirit.

Our timeline for both on the timeline thread:-

Eligibility criteria: 5yr Ancestry + 1yr ILR
Language Criteria: B1 Trinity
Nationality : Non-EU
Method of application: NDRS + JCAP
Date of application: 09/10/2018
Date of NDRS appointment: 10/10/2018
Payment method: Credit Card
Date of acknowledgement: 10/10/2018
Date of debit of fees: 09/10/2018
Date of Biometric letter issued: 09/10/2018
Date of biometric letter received: 09/10/2018
Date Biometrics enrolled: 10/10/2018
Date on Approval letter: 09/11/2018
Date of receipt of approval: 16/11/2018
Date of receipt of ceremony letter: 17/11/2018 (Hampshire County Council dd 14/11/2018)
Date of Ceremony: 17/01/2019
Date of Passport Application: 10/10/2018
Date of debit of fees: 18/10/2018
Date Passport to be received:

Anthony2
Newly Registered

Post by Anthony2 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:38 pm

Vesh123 wrote:

Thanks
Vesh
Where it asks for the date of application, is that the date the application was first made or when the decision and visa was granted? The decision date is much easier as you have the letters that the Home Office send.

Also do you all tick the box that says the Biometric Permit is enclosed even though with the new service you are only sending a copy?

tier2ilr

Post by tier2ilr » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:41 pm

Hi

We Came to uk in 2011 on Tier-5 Visa for 1 year then we reapplied for extension of Tier-5 visa in 2012 for another year but immediately after 2 Tier-5 extension we got Tier-2 Offer from a new employer which we accepted &went back to home country to re-apply on Tier 2 visa and came to UK in 2012.We got Tier-2 extended after 3 years in 2015 & then Got ILR last year in 2018 Jan. Now i am applying for BC for family.

I have a question while filling the BC form online. Please guide.

1.)Add another Previous immigration Applications. Do i need to add Tier-5 Application details ( As tier-5 does not lead to immigration).

Another Question
2.When did you first enter the UK. Answer of this question depend on tier -5 entry or Tier-2?

Ancestor
South Africa

Post by Ancestor » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:52 pm

tier2ilr wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:41 pm
Hi

We Came to uk in 2011 on Tier-5 Visa for 1 year then we reapplied for extension of Tier-5 visa in 2012 for another year but immediately after 2 Tier-5 extension we got Tier-2 Offer from a new employer which we accepted &went back to home country to re-apply on Tier 2 visa and came to UK in 2012.We got Tier-2 extended after 3 years in 2015 & then Got ILR last year in 2018 Jan. Now i am applying for BC for family.

I have a question while filling the BC form online. Please guide.

1.)Add another Previous immigration Applications. Do i need to add Tier-5 Application details ( As tier-5 does not lead to immigration).

Another Question
2.When did you first enter the UK. Answer of this question depend on tier -5 entry or Tier-2?
I would list all of them, is my understanding, when I applied and approved I put down all applications for all visas, including visitor visas when coming to UK on holiday prior to moving over for settlement.

You must do what you are comfortable with, but I would rather err on the conservative side and give more info, to ensure risk of refusal is minimised.

mtsgill
Mood:

Post by mtsgill » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:53 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:42 am
Vesh123 wrote:

Thanks
Vesh
Thanks for correcting me @CR001 actually that’s what I was trying to say but trapped in yes and no bit!

Vesh123
Mood:

Post by Vesh123 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:05 am

CR001 wrote:
Vesh123 wrote:

Thanks
Vesh
Thanks for your reply. One more question, what documents I need for the Naturalization? Do I need to send the proof of address for the last 5 years and employer letters ?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks
Vesh

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:14 am

Vesh123 wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:05 am
CR001 wrote:
Vesh123 wrote:

Thanks
Vesh
Thanks for your reply. One more question, what documents I need for the Naturalization? Do I need to send the proof of address for the last 5 years and employer letters ?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks
Vesh
No. The form will tell you what is required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

joelmarkn
Newly Registered
Mood:
Australia

Post by joelmarkn » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:07 am

Hi all, first thanks for all the advice and tips on this forum - much appreciated. I was fortunate to get my citizenship application approved, with a letter on Friday and had a question.

As mentioned above, I received a letter Friday 18 Jan 2019 dated 09 Jan 2019. This letter to me looks more like the citizenship invitation - it has the home office logo with my details at the top, and starts with "Citizenship Invitation. Application for British Citizenship by (my full name and birthdate). Then the letter has details of my local authority, etc.

My question is was I supposed to receive another formal approval letter? Looking at the timeline pages most people seem to have received two letters. It would seem a bit unusual that I have received the ceremony letter first.

Thanks in advance!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:12 am

joelmarkn wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:07 am
Hi all, first thanks for all the advice and tips on this forum - much appreciated. I was fortunate to get my citizenship application approved, with a letter on Friday and had a question.

As mentioned above, I received a letter Friday 18 Jan 2019 dated 09 Jan 2019. This letter to me looks more like the citizenship invitation - it has the home office logo with my details at the top, and starts with "Citizenship Invitation. Application for British Citizenship by (my full name and birthdate). Then the letter has details of my local authority, etc.

My question is was I supposed to receive another formal approval letter? Looking at the timeline pages most people seem to have received two letters. It would seem a bit unusual that I have received the ceremony letter first.

Thanks in advance!
Sometimes approval and ceremony invite is ONE letter (I got it like this). Does the letter you received say anywhere that your application is approved and to contact your local authority?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

joelmarkn
Newly Registered
Mood:
Australia

Post by joelmarkn » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:28 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:12 am
joelmarkn wrote:

Thanks in advance!
Sometimes approval and ceremony invite is ONE letter (I got it like this). Does the letter you received say anywhere that your application is approved and to contact your local authority?
Thanks CR001 yes it does - after "Citizenship Invitation Application for British Citizenship by (full name / Date of Birth) the first line says:

"I am pleased to tell you that this application for British citizenship has been approved. To complete the process of becoming a British citizen, you will need to attend..."

It does seem like they have combined the two into one letter!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:37 am

joelmarkn wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:28 am
CR001 wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:12 am
joelmarkn wrote:

Thanks in advance!
Thanks CR001 yes it does - after "Citizenship Invitation Application for British Citizenship by (full name / Date of Birth) the first line says:

"I am pleased to tell you that this application for British citizenship has been approved. To complete the process of becoming a British citizen, you will need to attend..."

It does seem like they have combined the two into one letter!
Fortunately, you have therefore received the JOINT letter and can book your ceremony now.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ukangel123
Newly Registered

Post by ukangel123 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:49 pm

Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding choosing council for your British Citizenship ceremony. On the new online application form, it asks "Do you want to attend a ceremony in a different council?"

Does this mean we can choose a different council to our local council to do our citizenship ceremony?

I have read in the past that it is quite difficult and long to change location if you want it elsewhere from your local council.

Thanks,