ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Tier 2 general visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sanjeevkumar99
Newly Registered
India

UK Tier 2 general visa

Post by sanjeevkumar99 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:33 pm

Hi
My wife and me are on Tier 2 ICT visa in Uk. She is going to switch to my dependent and then switch to general Visa as there is a company offering her sponsership. What is the cool off period she will required to get General visa ,and if there is can she work on dependent visa during that time here with the employer.

srsw

Re: UK Tier 2 general visa

Post by srsw » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:42 pm

I think she would be able to take that job as your dependent (after switching to dependent visa), so why switch to general again?

Also, the cool off period means she may have to go back to home country (though I'm not 100% sure so check guidance) for 1 year.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

sanjeevkumar99
Newly Registered
India

Post by sanjeevkumar99 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:54 pm

She was on Tier 2 ICT visa , but now will be on my dependent visa and if there is some cool off period to switch to General Visa in future, can that cooling period be done while she is in UK with me working with some company which is ready to sponser her.

sanjeevkumar99
Newly Registered
India

Post by sanjeevkumar99 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:02 pm

srsw wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:42 pm
I think she would be able to take that job as your dependent (after switching to dependent visa), so why switch to general again?

Also, the cool off period means she may have to go back to home country (though I'm not 100% sure so check guidance) for 1 year.
She was on Tier 2 ICT visa , but now will be on my dependent visa and if there is some cool off period to switch to General Visa in future, can that cooling period be done while she is in UK with me working with some company which is ready to sponser her.

ramgoel123
BANNED
India

Post by ramgoel123 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:45 am

She will need 1 year on your deoendent visa as a cool off period. She can very well work in UK while staying as your dependent visa.

srsw

Post by srsw » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:32 pm

sanjeevkumar99 wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:54 pm
http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 72554.html

See above... similar to your situation.

However, the only thing to keep in mind is when she works for a company (on dependent visa) and then tries to switch to tier 2 general after an year (same company as sponsor), then ukvi may get doubts that RLMT may not be genuine...so chances of visa rejection slightly increases.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

sanjeevkumar99
Newly Registered
India

Post by sanjeevkumar99 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:51 pm

Thanks for the replies, it really helps. But it would be really helpful to know if your reply is based upon someone in your known has been through such process, or it just on the basis of the knowledge?

srsw

Post by srsw » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:36 pm

sanjeevkumar99 wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:51 pm
Thanks for the replies, it really helps. But it would be really helpful to know if your reply is based upon someone in your known has been through such process, or it just on the basis of the knowledge?
If you are active user on this forum then you can see plenty of examples where ukvi rejected visa if there is any doubt that rlmt is not genuine. As I said it slightly increases the risk but if employer can prove that rlmt is properly done then it may all go well. It's up to you how risk averse you and the employer are. Good luck.