ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK visit visa from Belgium

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vignezh

UK visit visa from Belgium

Post by vignezh » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:40 pm

My brother-in-law is on a D-visa (work permit) in Belgium and is living there with his wife and kid. I am British and would like to invite them over to UK on short visits. My BiL and his family havent got their residence permit card (for Belgium) yet as they are waiting for an appointment at the local commune. Does anyone know if this residence permit is a must before applying for UK visit visa? Or what are the general requirements documents wise?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: UK visit visa from Belgium

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:56 pm

This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

vignezh

Re: UK visit visa from Belgium

Post by vignezh » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:35 am

Thank you for the clarification. That's what I thought. Also, is there any requirement for minimal visa left (belgian) when they apply for UK visa from Belgium? For instance, you need to have your passport valid for at least 3 or 6 months at the time of applying!