ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

South America 2 years to residency in Spain

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Leehod
Newly Registered

South America 2 years to residency in Spain

Post by Leehod » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:21 pm

Hi

I'm from the UK, but my partner is from Chile. She's currently in Spain on a tourist visa and is considering working "cash in hand", ie on the blackmarket.

She believes that because she is from South America and the cultural ties to Spain she only needs to be in Spain for 2 years (vs the normal 10),until she can apply for residency.

It appears there is some truth in that, but this 2 years is supposed to be "legal and continuous" residency right? It wouldn't count at all if she simply overstayed her tourist visa and was working off the grid right?

Would be grateful if someone could just clarify that.

If not, does she have any legal routes to extending her visa and legitimate paths to the 2 year residency application?

I think she only gets 3 months tourist visa as a Chilean. Could someone also confirm? Thanks.

Leehod
Newly Registered

Re: South America 2 years to residency in Spain

Post by Leehod » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:41 pm

I think she might be thinking of trying to go via the "arraigo" visa route... However this seems odd to me. You can just overstay the shengan visa, pray not to get caught, work illegally, prove the residency with bills or the blackmarket contract and then after 2 or 3 years apply to become resident??

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Re: South America 2 years to residency in Spain

Post by Caravel88 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:50 am

After 2 years of "“residencia legal y continuada" they can apply for citizenship.
Leehod wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:21 pm
Hi

I'm from the UK, but my partner is from Chile. She's currently in Spain on a tourist visa and is considering working "cash in hand", ie on the blackmarket.

She believes that because she is from South America and the cultural ties to Spain she only needs to be in Spain for 2 years (vs the normal 10),until she can apply for residency.

It appears there is some truth in that, but this 2 years is supposed to be "legal and continuous" residency right? It wouldn't count at all if she simply overstayed her tourist visa and was working off the grid right?

Would be grateful if someone could just clarify that.

If not, does she have any legal routes to extending her visa and legitimate paths to the 2 year residency application?

I think she only gets 3 months tourist visa as a Chilean. Could someone also confirm? Thanks.