ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can any document be dated after online application?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bingbing25
Newly Registered
Korea South

Can any document be dated after online application?

Post by bingbing25 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:37 pm

Hello,

I've submitted my online app for spouse visa, thinking that all my docs are ready. Well they are, but one issue came up. I'm applying from a country where a TB test is required, but I am exempt from it. But I was advised to still include it. I made an appointment with the Home office designated clinic tomorrow, but the TB certificate would then be dated after my online application. Does this make the certificate invalid? I've heard of applications getting rejected as the payslips were dated after submission date, but I'm yet to find concrete information on whether ALL documents must be dated before online app. Please share information on this... Thanks so much.

Alam-
Mood:

Re: Can any document be dated after online application?

Post by Alam- » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:26 am

Which country are applying from and why are you exempted from TB test?
Generally all documents should be dated before application submission date but I think you’ll be fine with TB test, just write a note in your cover letter explaining your confusion. Honestly, all they want is a TB clearance certificate and I have seen some people who received emails from case workers to send TB clearnace certificate and they send it after weeks of submitting their supporting documents.
Good luck.

bingbing25
Newly Registered
Korea South

Re: Can any document be dated after online application?

Post by bingbing25 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:49 am

Thanks for the reply.

I'm applying from South Korea. I am exempt from it as I was a resident in Canada for 14 months, and haven't been away from Canada for more than 6 months. I came to Korea just for this application.

I have a bunch of proofs that I was a resident there, so I never thought I'd need it. Some people suggested that I still get it, and while I understand that'd be the safest way, I also wonder if this really would be a problem.

I would consider doing the test if the date on certificate is not a big problem, but if I have to cancel my online app and reapply, I'd just submit evidence that I haven't been in Korea for 6 months.