ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non-EU Family member processng times....

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ajmm
Newly Registered

Non-EU Family member processng times....

Post by ajmm » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:22 am

I am from Ireland, wife is from Mexico, she doesn't need visa for any of the European countries.

We are thinking of going to Portugal, Hungary or Greece.

Obviously on the condition that I go to any of those countries and start working immediately, and then apply for her to get registered, what are the processing times for her registration?

I am asking this because in Ireland, its a very quick process, 12 days......but in other countries..all i see is "3 months....up to 6 months"... WTF

Casa

Re: Non-EU Family member processng times....

Post by Casa » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:32 am

Are you intending to use the Surinder Singh route? Have you researched employment prospects in the three countries you're considering. Greece is currently experiencing a high level of unemployment for even their own nationals. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ajmm
Newly Registered

Post by ajmm » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:42 am

Hi Casa,

Without causing offence to anyone, Greece wouldn't be the preferred choice, but believe it or not, we do actually have job offers in Greece.

However, the question was more specifically about how long it would take to have my wife registered, as NON-EU family member of an EU citizen.

It wouldn't be for the Surinder Singh route, it would be done on the back of my Irish passport.

gokulatti
Member of Standing
Norway

Post by gokulatti » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:17 pm

Having applied for eea family permit in norway as well as netherlands as an indian national with unmarried partnership with a french national, I can say that the average processing time should be around 3 months. Norwegian permit took me close to 6 months while dutch permit took close to 3 months. It really depends on the time of the application, expect delay if you put your application during summer vacations and or Christmas vacations. If all the paper works is sorted out and if it is straight forward as in primary beneficiary of 2004/38 i.e. spouse/registered partner etc. it shouldn't take more than 2 to 3 months and also it is good to know that during the processing time however long that is, your wife will have the same rights as any other EU citizen including right to work. The only condition the host member state will place to the third country national is that they cannot leave the host member state on their own, they can technically travel along with you or if in possession of a schengen visa. And 6 months is the maximum time they can take to make a decision on the application including an administrative appeal if needed in case the decision is negative.

Makgabr
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Makgabr » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:17 am

Dear Gokullati
Can you please explain application procedure for Netherlands and steps involved in detail. Will be of great help. Btw I am non eu spouse of eu citizen with valid article 10 residence card.
Thanks in advance.

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Post by Caravel88 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:32 am

I am not Gokullati but this might be of help:
https://ind.nl/en/family/Pages/Spouse-or-partner.aspx
Makgabr wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:17 am
Dear Gokullati
Can you please explain application procedure for Netherlands and steps involved in detail. Will be of great help. Btw I am non eu spouse of eu citizen with valid article 10 residence card.
Thanks in advance.

Makgabr
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Makgabr » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:58 pm

Thx caravel . I checked the link and it is of great help. However I wanted to to get some more information from some one who has gone through procedure in practical.and is living in Netherlands.

yosef
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by yosef » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:57 pm

I have applied for EU family member in danmarke now 5 months. Im little worry because. all my friends they get it in 3 months or max 4 months and they tell me if they take more then 4 months most to be a problem in my case. I'm very worried :!: :?:

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Post by Caravel88 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:42 am

Worrying won't help you :( Stay positive.
yosef wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:57 pm
I have applied for EU family member in danmarke now 5 months. Im little worry because. all my friends they get it in 3 months or max 4 months and they tell me if they take more then 4 months most to be a problem in my case. I'm very worried :!: :?:

yosef
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by yosef » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:20 am

thank you