ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVCAS Super Priority Service

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bibi2
Newly Registered

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by bibi2 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:38 pm

Fryman wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:20 pm
bibi2 wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:04 pm
Fryman wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:21 pm
Add absolute lack of the ability to be able to book the super premium service on the old system before the cutover on the 2nd of November to the new system. Many people tried for many weeks to make an appointment and pay the fee across the whole country to be told there are no appointments for 45 days.

Do you think its reasonable to post a letter dated from the 16th of December on the 17th of January to be received today with a refusal and demand to leave now?
I understand that you are angry about the situation especially because you paid over £1000 instead of just £65 but none of the reasons is a valid ground for appeal.

First of all, you are not required to leave the country (even if the letter tells you - that is a generic letter everyone with a refused SET M application and expired leave will receive). Receiving that letter after a month is also not a valid reason for an appeal. The complaint team may (partially) uphold your complaint for this reason but what will you get other than an apology?

Secondly, it was entirely your own fault to submit a wrong and late application. No appointment was available? Right, but you could post the application.

Thirdly, lack of clarity in the Immigration Rules is not a ground for appeal. You could seek assistance (free).

Again, you are not required to leave the country. Apply again by submitting the right application. Expired EEA family member residence card is also not a problem. You didn't need it in the first place. You just got it to prove your right to work etc.
Hey Bibi2, I appreciate your response and take it all onboard. Not angry so much, more the fact i have a letter here saying theres a immigration bail on me and this went from trying to do the right thing to you must leave now on a month old letter. I dont believe it was entirely my fault in regards to the submission as the postal application of Set M was not an option for myself under the guise that I could travel and work whilst it was being processed. Little did I know on the 12th of November that it would be so that if you left the UK then your application would be withdrawn. If that was known on the 11th, I would of indeed posted the application and then not travel nor make work and personal plans over the christmas.

So let it be known... On Set M, to settle with a partner for ILR, is it a fact that you have to have entered on a spousal or partner visa, done your 5/10 years then apply? Or is it open to anybody who has done 5 years on a visa who is a partner of a British National? ie there is a valid entry requirement required that means you have to enter on a spousal or british partner visa?

Already started the EEA (PR) and the stress levels have definitely dropped. I do love the fact my refusal is a clause with 4 related sub clauses and one of those sub clauses has 2 more sub sub clauses, and is apparently generic, but google couldnt find that exact phrase

What a time to be alive.
You can use SET M only if you have a residence permit as a spouse of a settled person or British citizen. In other words, if your previous application was FLR M, this time you use SET M.

It seems you don't have a residence permit as a spouse of settled person or British citizen. Instead, you have a residence document (not permit - as that is just a proof of a right to stay and not a permission to stay) as a family member of an EEA citizen. If yes, they were 100% right to refuse your SET M application. People like you can only settle in the UK by applying for a document confirming the right of permanent residence (paying £65), or submit SET LR application (over £2000).

Fryman
Newly Registered

Post by Fryman » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:49 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:32 pm
Fryman wrote:
[.

So let it be known... On Set M, to settle with a partner for ILR, is it a fact that you have to have entered on a spousal or partner visa, done your 5/10 years then apply? Or is it open to anybody who has done 5 years on a visa who is a partner of a British National? ie there is a valid entry requirement required that means you have to enter on a spousal or british partner visa?
To qualify for ILR on Set M, the immigration rules are clear that you must have held the relevant spouse Settlment visa for 60 months, ie spouse of BC or ILR holder and must have entered the UK in this category visa.

No other visa route can use SET M even if their partner becomes British during that qualifying time.
Guys, I cannot thank you enough for the feedback. You see the entry point part is the issue I was not clear on, nor was it clear on the wizard. I am more then happy to put my hand up in fault, it is clear that part was the deal breaker.

Since I was not eligible for Set M (and paid dearly in money stress and time) it is presumed that I will not get deported as per the standard response for a refusal to Set M as I am still partner of a EU national?

Waking up to an immigration bail notice isnt an experience I would recommend for all of us trying to legitimately work and life in this country.

Its time to fill the EEA PR out (85 pages in paper + supporting documents) apply and party like it was 2013.

Apologies for the many messages but got lost in the subclause rabbit hole of Immigration law. This forum is invaluable to those who need hope and direction.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:00 pm

Fryman wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:49 pm
CR001 wrote:
Fryman wrote:
[.

To qualify for ILR on Set M, the immigration rules are clear that you must have held the relevant spouse Settlment visa for 60 months, ie spouse of BC or ILR holder and must have entered the UK in this category visa.

No other visa route can use SET M even if their partner becomes British during that qualifying time.
Guys, I cannot thank you enough for the feedback. You see the entry point part is the issue I was not clear on, nor was it clear on the wizard. I am more then happy to put my hand up in fault, it is clear that part was the deal breaker.

Since I was not eligible for Set M (and paid dearly in money stress and time) it is presumed that I will not get deported as per the standard response for a refusal to Set M as I am still partner of a EU national?

Waking up to an immigration bail notice isnt an experience I would recommend for all of us trying to legitimately work and life in this country.

Its time to fill the EEA PR out (85 pages in paper + supporting documents) apply and party like it was 2013.

Apologies for the many messages but got lost in the subclause rabbit hole of Immigration law. This forum is invaluable to those who need hope and direction.
You should also be aware of the link topic discussion below and see how this applies.

eea-route-applications/do-dual-eu-uk-ci ... 28292.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rofriend
Newly Registered

Post by rofriend » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:33 pm

mumbai2003 wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:20 pm
rofriend wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:51 am
mumbai2003 wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:16 am
cja_1234 wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:07 am

Did your approval email come from a generic home office email address? I can find my caseworker name on my approval letter as well, so maybe you can read the letter again and try to find the name? Then usually the email address is FIRSTNAME.SURNAME@homeoffice.gov.uk
Hi, it was from generic email address and same on the approval letter. No case worker name so have replied back to the email address the approvel email came from
Hi Mumbai2003,

I was wondering if you have received your BRP as I'm in a similar position. I received my ILR approval on 3rd January 2019 using the UKVCAS super priority service (Mark Lane - London) and even though decision was made within 24 hours, the BRP has yet to arrive! I've tried contacting them through various avenues (direct email, call, reporting the issue on the website given etc..) and they keep telling me there's a technical issue with the production of BRPs and will give me an update when the issue has been resolved, but can't tell me when!! I'm seeing posts of people receiving BRPs just a few days after the approval email/letter so I was wondering if it's a location specific issue.

Also apologies if this is not the right place to post this question as it's not really related to the UKVCAS priority service.
Hi Rofriend,

Just a thought after posting few replies on this forum and going though the posts from Link, have you tried calling DX up and see whether they have got it or not

Worth a shot, you can call them up from 08:00 tomorrow or if within London then head down to their depot with ID proof as why butI get a feeling in my case they may well have it or misplaced it
Thanks for your suggestion Mumbai2003. I have checked with DX and, sad as it is, they have nothing for me.Tbf HO has actually told me that there’s a problem with the production of BRPs so I think the problem is with them unfortunately. My MP has sent them an enquiry about this so just waiting for them to get back to him. Fingers crossed.

Sorry for making these posts longer than that already are. Please let me know if this is not the right place for these sort of discussions.

Ritchie12
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Ritchie12 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:04 am

rofriend wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:33 pm
mumbai2003 wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:20 pm
rofriend wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:51 am
mumbai2003 wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:16 am

Hi, it was from generic email address and same on the approval letter. No case worker name so have replied back to the email address the approvel email came from
Hi Mumbai2003,

I was wondering if you have received your BRP as I'm in a similar position. I received my ILR approval on 3rd January 2019 using the UKVCAS super priority service (Mark Lane - London) and even though decision was made within 24 hours, the BRP has yet to arrive! I've tried contacting them through various avenues (direct email, call, reporting the issue on the website given etc..) and they keep telling me there's a technical issue with the production of BRPs and will give me an update when the issue has been resolved, but can't tell me when!! I'm seeing posts of people receiving BRPs just a few days after the approval email/letter so I was wondering if it's a location specific issue.

Also apologies if this is not the right place to post this question as it's not really related to the UKVCAS priority service.
Hi Rofriend,

Just a thought after posting few replies on this forum and going though the posts from Link, have you tried calling DX up and see whether they have got it or not

Worth a shot, you can call them up from 08:00 tomorrow or if within London then head down to their depot with ID proof as why butI get a feeling in my case they may well have it or misplaced it
Thanks for your suggestion Mumbai2003. I have checked with DX and, sad as it is, they have nothing for me.Tbf HO has actually told me that there’s a problem with the production of BRPs so I think the problem is with them unfortunately. My MP has sent them an enquiry about this so just waiting for them to get back to him. Fingers crossed.

Sorry for making these posts longer than that already are. Please let me know if this is not the right place for these sort of discussions.
Hey Rofriend, I am not trying to do CR001s job but you can reduce the long post in your reply by deleting some of the original text and making sure the reference to the original text you are replying to exists. Members can always click on the "arrow pointing up" to go back the stacked messages.

CR001 has made an example here
post1730892.html#p1730892

Ritchie12
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Ritchie12 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:19 am

Fryman wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:49 pm
CR001 wrote:
Fryman wrote:
[.

So let it be known... National? ie there is a valid entry requirement required that means you have to enter on a spousal or british partner visa?

Guys, I cannot thank you enough for the feedback. You see the entry point part is the issue I was not clear on, nor was it clear on the wizard. I am more then happy to put my hand up in fault, it is clear that part was the deal breaker ... Apologies for the many messages but got lost in the subclause rabbit hole
Fryman, thanks for sharing your experience and thanks to CR001and bibi2. Like i said in a previous forum, this plaform gives some good advice and direction and education to the complex immigration route and system in this country.

All the best in your 85 page form filing and your application afterwards

dilse4srk
Member of Standing

Post by dilse4srk » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:46 pm

Guys is there any parking near croydon sopra centre? Or any suggestions

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:52 pm

dilse4srk wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:46 pm
Guys is there any parking near croydon sopra centre? Or any suggestions
Please Google the information. This is not relevant to this topic title or discussion or immigration related.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Momosun
Newly Registered

Post by Momosun » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:20 pm

praveenv wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:58 am
How many from Nov and Dec are still awaiting decision?

The rate at which UK V&I is clearing the backlog is not encouraging at all.
Waiting since 20th Dec (SET O)

raghu.raju457

Post by raghu.raju457 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:41 am

Ritchie12 wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:46 pm
raghu.raju457 wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:30 pm
Hi All

This is my first post in this group.

Thank you to all.

I have received my ILR (LR) decision today.

Application Submitted 7th January, Biometrics done on 16th January 10:00 AM, Decision received via email 11:00 AM. I believe service done in 24 hours.

My Journey might give some hope for those who are waiting or about to attend the Super Priority Soon

Thank you all again
Hey Raghu,
Congrats!. What type of documents did you upload and in what categories?
Hi Ritchie I have applied in Long Residence category. Documents I have uploaded as below
Current Passport
Old Passport
BRP
Employer Letter
3 months Payslips
3 months Bank Statement
I have got last 4 years council taxes so I have uploaded them
Some Random utility bills from last few years
Marriage Certificate
Daughter Birth Certificate and Passport (I believe this is not necessary but just in case I have uploaded this document)

Newly Registered
India

Post by 13215 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:49 am

Hi All,

This is my first post in this group. I have been closely following this group, while I was waiting for my result.

Finally, Happy to share the good news. And I hope it gives confidence to anyone that are still waiting.

Category Applied : ILR Set(O) Tier 2 Migrant - Same Employer for 5 years

Date Applied online : 20-12-2018.

Biometrics Enrolled : 22-12-2018.

Biometrics Enrolled at : Sopra Steria Near Birmingham International Airport.

Decision Email Received : 18-01-2019.

Waiting for my decision letter and BRP.

Also, I would like to let everyone know that one of my friend enrolled Biometrics on the same day as me and got his decision on 4th of JAnuary 2019, where as I had to wait until 18th Jan.

Regarding escalations, I escalated through telephone on 7-1-2019, and 2nd escalation on 15-1-2019, which I was told that as they have sent me a generic email on 8-1-2019, I had to wait for 30 days.

But, I kept calling them every day after 15th, ignoring their message, and finally got my decision at 18th Jan.

RY83
Newly Registered
India

Post by RY83 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:18 am

RY83 wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:51 pm
Vinnu wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:25 am
RY83 wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:50 pm
hello RY83

I was also in the same boat got refund on 16 jan but no approval letter or brp card... did you receive your brp
Not yet. Did you receive yours .. please keep me updated . Thanks
Hi Vinnu
Did you receive your BRP or any email or letter as you said you have got your refund on 16th Jan. I have receive my refund on 17th Jan but didn't receive any email, letter or BRP yet.

preet8899

Post by preet8899 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:41 am

kiwitt wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:02 pm
pinam wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:50 pm
Hello,

I am still waiting for the decision on my ILR application. I finally requested my MP to escalate my case 2 days ago and received an email from MP's office that they have escalated my case with Home office. I have also emailed to home office on their complaint email id about my case. My bio-metric appointment was on 14th December'18. It was a straight forward application through Tier 2 SET(O).

What your experience about home office complaint email id? Did anyone receive decision quickly on their application after emailing to home office? The automated reply says that home office aim to reply within 20 working days which means I will have to wait until February.
Dear Pinam, I submitted on the 14th of Dec as well. Which centre did you present to? I did that at Glasgow
Any update on your case @kiwitt?

madihaali_304
Pakistan

Post by madihaali_304 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:59 am

docshami wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:48 pm
There we are 👍☺️😇
Looks like they have opened the lost November pile...

Sincerly hope it’s Timothy Tao and Madihaali_304 next...
Thanks docshami. Hope it's soon as I'm losing the will to live at this point!

Vinnu
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Vinnu » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:09 pm

Heloo RY83

Still now i didn't receive any letter or Brp..I submitted my biometrics on 17th December... still now no response from them... need to wait..keep me post your update as well and when did you submit your biometrics ?
Last edited by Vinnu on Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

madihaali_304
Pakistan

Post by madihaali_304 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:11 pm

I've literally just got another automated email telling me my application is still under consideration and that they expect to make a decision within 6 months etc. etc. #NoShitSherlock

preet8899

Post by preet8899 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:27 pm

madihaali_304 wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:11 pm
I've literally just got another automated email telling me my application is still under consideration and that they expect to make a decision within 6 months etc. etc. #NoShitSherlock
Has your MP got back to you with anything?
Last edited by preet8899 on Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RY83
Newly Registered
India

Post by RY83 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:29 pm

Vinnu wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:09 pm
Heloo RY83

Still now i didn't receive any letter or Brp..I submitted my biometrics on 17th December... still now no response from them... need to wait..keep me post your update as well and when did you submit your biometrics ?
Hi Vinnu

I have submitted on 8th of December. I think if they have refunded our money, it means caseworker has already looked at our application and made the decision. so not sure why we haven't received any email so far.
I will keep you update if i will receive anything. Please you also keep me updated. Thanks

Please let me know if anyone else had same situation like us. WE have received the full refund £610 on 16th and 17th Jan but didnt receive any email or letter or BRP regarding the decision. Thansk

dilse4srk
Member of Standing

Post by dilse4srk » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:39 pm

This morning i attended app at sopra centre in croydon
App submitted on 7th jan
Biometric at croydon on 21st jan 2019 11.30am
Now waiting

madihaali_304
Pakistan

Post by madihaali_304 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:44 pm

preet8899 wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:27 pm
madihaali_304 wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:11 pm
Has your MP got back to you with anything?
Not yet, I read somewhere that they were aiming to clear all backlogs by the end of Jan so was being rather optimistic/naive about the whole thing which is why I didn't email my MP until 17th Jan so it hasn't really been that long since I contacted him.

RY83
Newly Registered
India

Post by RY83 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:04 pm

RY83 wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:29 pm
Vinnu wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:09 pm
Heloo RY83

Hi Vinnu

I have submitted on 8th of December. I think if they have refunded our money, it means caseworker has already looked at our application and made the decision. so not sure why we haven't received any email so far.
I will keep you update if i will receive anything. Please you also keep me updated. Thanks

Please let me know if anyone else had same situation like us. WE have received the full refund £610 on 16th and 17th Jan but didnt receive any email or letter or BRP regarding the decision. Thansk
Hi Vinnu

Finally I have received the good news. I just received an email saying that my ILR has been granted. Hopefully you will receive it soon as well. I am really praying that everyone who is waiting will receive the good news soon.

RY83
Newly Registered
India

Post by RY83 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:11 pm

Hi All

Finally I have a good news to share with you all.

I have just received an email saying that my ILR has been granted. My timeline for the whole process is as below:

Application submitted online: 5th December
Biometric done on: 8th december in coventry central library
3 times escalations done but of no use.
Sent complaint email on 21st of December but no reply till now.
The only thing escalated my case is I think contacting my local MP. I have contacted him in end of December and on 10th Jan he has replied that he will contact home office. On 17th Jan i have received my full refund of £610 and today I have received my email.
Thank you everyone for supporting me during this stressful time and I wish everyone will hear the good news soon. I would suggest please contact your local MP. Thanks

preet8899

Post by preet8899 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:16 pm

RY83 wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:11 pm
Hi All

Finally I have a good news to share with you all.

I have just received an email saying that my ILR has been granted. My timeline for the whole process is as below:

Application submitted online: 5th December
Biometric done on: 8th december in coventry central library
3 times escalations done but of no use.
Sent complaint email on 21st of December but no reply till now.
The only thing escalated my case is I think contacting my local MP. I have contacted him in end of December and on 10th Jan he has replied that he will contact home office. On 17th Jan i have received my full refund of £610 and today I have received my email.
Thank you everyone for supporting me during this stressful time and I wish everyone will hear the good news soon. I would suggest please contact your local MP. Thanks
Congratulations. Hopefully the backlog will be cleared by end of this month.

kabdelrazek
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by kabdelrazek » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:10 pm

Hi All,

Another silent follower, the info and experiences on this forum has been invaluable and finally it all paid off.

SET (O) for Tier 2 Migrant and 1 Dependant
Application submitted online: 10th December (too early as my 5th year anniversary was 7th of Feb)
Biometric done on: 12th of January in Glasgow (waited so the appointment would be within the 28 days)
Supplied a cover letter to explain my mistake regarding the above submission date.
1x escalation done on 16th of January as well as an email to the complaint address (wouldn't have had any effect, i did them just to have something keeping me busy).
Email received today and now waiting for the BRP

Given the number of people waiting for months, being a week late is incredibly lucky. Thanks for everything you shared

dilan2714
Newly Registered
Mood:
Canada

Post by dilan2714 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:41 pm

Hi everyone,

I have been closely following the posts on this thread and I just have a few questions.

Brief story about me - I applied for a fiance visa (6 months to get married) from Toronto last summer and arrived in London first week of December. My partner and I got married last week in a registry office in Kent. I met her a few years ago while visiting London and have met each other countless times as I visited here every few months.I'm looking to apply for the spousal visa super priority and start working ASAP.

My questions are...

Where do you apply for the spousal visa?
I started an application on https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/edit/start, but it asks questions like below....I have never spent more than a few weeks consecutively in UK except for my arrival through the fiance visa in early December

Have you lived anywhere other than your current address during the past 2 years that you have not already entered on this application?
Has your partner lived anywhere other than your current address during the past 2 years that you have not already entered on this application?

Has the NHS fee really changed from 500 to 1000 pounds?

How long is the typical wait time to attend the bio metrics for the ones who have requested an appointment for the Croydon office in the past week?