ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing a tier 2 ICT visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MrHello1
Newly Registered
Australia

Changing a tier 2 ICT visa

Post by MrHello1 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:39 am

I am currently hold a tier 2 ICT visa and my partner is a dependent on this visa. We have been on these visas since June 2018. There is a chance my employment will prematurely end meaning the end of both our visas.

1. Is it possible for my partner to move to the "primary" Tier 2 visa if her employer becomes her sponsor. If so, can I move straight to a dependent of her visa?

2. If so, what is the application process and will we need to leave the UK to do so?

3. Would there be other options/visas available that would allow us to remain in the UK.

I have read that you cannot move from tier 2 ICT visa to a tier 2 general visa but cannot see anything like what I mention above.

Any advice is appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Changing a tier 2 ICT visa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:45 am

1. Is it possible for my partner to move to the "primary" Tier 2 visa if her employer becomes her sponsor. If so, can I move straight to a dependent of her visa?
Yes and yes.
2. If so, what is the application process and will we need to leave the UK to do so?
Your partner has to apply from outside the UK with a restricted CoS, meeting all the requirements.
3. Would there be other options/visas available that would allow us to remain in the UK.
Tier 1 Entrepreneur if you have £200,000 or Tier 4 student visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MrHello1
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by MrHello1 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:21 pm

Thank you. Can you please explain what "restricted CoS" is?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:55 pm

Restricted CoS is for applications outside the UK. The sponsor puts in a request to HO before the 5th of every month to be included in the monthly allocation/approval/rejected meeting on the 11th of each month. Once HO approves the CoS, only then can the sponsor apply for the visa once the sponsor has approval and assigns it. There are monthly limits on Restricted CoS.

Unrestricted CoS is for applications within the UK for an extension or change of employer. Can be assigned instantly if the sponsor has enough CoS allocation. Unrestricted CoS does NOT go through the monthly allocation meeting.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.