ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question regarding Nikah Nama

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

frmglasgow

Question regarding Nikah Nama

Post by frmglasgow » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:22 pm

My wife is currently Tier 2 Dependent and I will be switching her to FLR M in coming months. When Tier 2 Dependent was applied from Pakistan I submitted:

1. Nikah Nama and attested by MOFA-Pakistan
2. English Translation of Nikah Nama attested by Notry Public and MOFA-Pakistan (its very ordinary translation on green paper which generally the lawyers do in Pakistan)
3. Marriage Registration Certificate attested by MOFA-Pakistan

Question: When applying FLR M within UK, will the English Translation be accepted (one submitted with Tier 2) ?

or

should I translate it from Home office recognised translators within UK, get it legalised by foreign office UK and then attest it by Pakistan embassy?

Jav9289
BANNED

Re: Question regarding Nikah Nama

Post by Jav9289 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:34 pm

Why are you translating the nikah nama? It is only a Islamic proof of marriage. It holds little weight.

What is important is the marriage certificate which is registered in Pakistan and this is the one which must be translated in English

You can translate the nikkah nama as an extra but it is not a must

frmglasgow

Post by frmglasgow » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:47 pm

Jav9289 wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:34 pm
Why are you translating the nikah nama? It is only a Islamic proof of marriage. It holds little weight.

What is important is the marriage certificate which is registered in Pakistan and this is the one which must be translated in English

Hey,

Just because it was attached to previous visa application from Pakistan and I also attached it to my ILR application.

Did you just provided Nadra's Marriage Registration Certificate with your or spouse application?

Jav9289
BANNED

Post by Jav9289 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:52 pm

frmglasgow wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:47 pm
Jav9289 wrote:

Hey,

Just because it was attached to previous visa application from Pakistan and I also attached it to my ILR application.

Did you just provided Nadra's Marriage Registration Certificate with your or spouse application?
Yes and a copy of the original nikah nama

frmglasgow

Post by frmglasgow » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:56 pm

Jav9289 wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:52 pm
frmglasgow wrote:
Jav9289 wrote:

Hey,

I assume with Original Nikah nama, you might have submitted a English translated copy? was that translated from UK or Pakistan?

Also where you apply visa from?

Jav9289
BANNED

Post by Jav9289 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:19 pm

frmglasgow wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:56 pm
Jav9289 wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:52 pm
frmglasgow wrote:
Jav9289 wrote:

Hey,

I assume with Original Nikah nama, you might have submitted a English translated copy? was that translated from UK or Pakistan?

Also where you apply visa from?
I did not get the nikah nama translated. The marriage certificate has one section in urdu and one in english. It was in Pakistan.

Ive applied from Uk. My wife is in Pakistan