ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Date of Entry or Date of Visa

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

karthikt
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

ILR - Date of Entry or Date of Visa

Post by karthikt » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:12 pm

Hi All,

I have the following query on calculation of 5 years residence. Please can you provide your thoughts.

UK visa (Tier 2 general) for me & my wife was issued on / valid from 01 February 2014 but my spouse had arrived only on 02 May 2014 (91st day after visa issue) & there is another absence (holiday) during 2014 - for 21 days. As per the current rules 180 days of absence is allowed in any 12 month period.

The Tier 2 of the Points Based System – Policy Guidance (Latest Version 11/18) states as below

"
261. You can include the time between your entry clearance being granted and you entering the United Kingdom as part of your continuous period. Absences between the date entry clearance is granted and the date you enter the United Kingdom are treated as an absence from the United Kingdom and will form part of the 180 days allowed within a continuous 12-month period.

For example, if you entered the United Kingdom 100 days after you obtained entry clearance and have a further 81 days’ absence during the remainder of a continuous 12 month period, you will have exceed the number of absences permitted from the United Kingdom. You would therefore not qualify for settlement 5 years after the date you obtained entry clearance. You would need to wait until a date where you have spent a total of 5 years in the UK with absences of less than 180 days in any consecutive 12 months before you could qualify.
"

So, is it correct to understand that although my family has arrived in May 2014, they are eligible to apply ILR at the end of 5 years - ie, in Feb 2019, since the total absence in 2014 is not more than 180 days.

Any thoughts would be welcome.

Thanks in advance

crazyboy
Newly Registered
India

Re: ILR - Date of Entry or Date of Visa

Post by crazyboy » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:15 pm

For PBS dependents, Visa issued prior to 2018 don't have any restriction on the number of days outside U.K.

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:35 pm

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... .0-EXT.pdf

Read the guidance closely.. page 8,9
PBS dependants..

The paragraph you posted is for main applicant.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:01 pm

Shouldnt the wife already be eligible for ILR 28 days before the visa issue date? or am i missing something?

indefinite-leave-to-remain/how-to-calcu ... l#p1717068
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.