ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application (TIER 2 route) with previous passport lost

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mae144
Newly Registered

ILR application (TIER 2 route) with previous passport lost

Post by mae144 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:30 pm

Hello. I lost my passport with old visa too. but i dont know where. Should I report it and get a police number and attach that to my application? I jave scanned copies of my old passport and visa too. Is it necessary to have them certified? or the payslips and bank statement sufficient. i do have a list of all the dates I wasnt in the UK and my employer has made a letter to authorize them. Thank u very much

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: ILR application (TIER 2 route) with previous passport lost

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:41 pm

mae144 wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:30 pm
Hello. I lost my passport with old visa too. but i dont know where. Should I report it and get a police number and attach that to my application? I jave scanned copies of my old passport and visa too. Is it necessary to have them certified? or the payslips and bank statement sufficient. i do have a list of all the dates I wasnt in the UK and my employer has made a letter to authorize them. Thank u very much
You only need the original current passport. Good thing is you have scanned copies of previous passport you can just submit that to fulfill absence requirement stamps. Evidence can be originals or copies with new system as long as current passport is original. I would still get a police report and attach it along the reason. Better for future reference also.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:50 pm

Infact the new system only requires the original current passport and does not ask for any reason for previous passports if lost. You can just get a police reference for your own sake its always good to have it for your own safety. Dont think any need to attach with your application. But better to have it to show to the sopra centre (if needed, highly unlikely) as they will be verifying your documents. They dont check old passports anyways.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

mae144
Newly Registered

Post by mae144 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:16 pm

Thank you very much.
Just one more question do I need a SAR to show all my absences? I have the emails and tickets of my travels outside UK.
All your help are very much appreciated.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:34 pm

mae144 wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:16 pm
Thank you very much.
Just one more question do I need a SAR to show all my absences? I have the emails and tickets of my travels outside UK.
All your help are very much appreciated.
Why would you need a SAR when HO is the one who issues that. They would already have that. However, I am not aware of Tier 2 absences requirements and the evidence for reasons wait for someone else to answer this.

As an educated guess i think what you have is enough.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:18 am

You only need employer absence letters. No need for air tickets etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.