ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I change job when I wait for the result of my ILR application?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Jing291
Newly Registered
China

Can I change job when I wait for the result of my ILR application?

Post by Jing291 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:12 pm

Hiya

I submitted my application in Nov 2018 and I am at the risk of being made redundant. May I ask if I am allowed to be employed by a new company while waiting for the result? I am currently on the spouse visa (my husband is English) and my current employer isn't my visa sponsor.

Thank you.

Theresa

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Can I change job when I wait for the result of my ILR application?

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:18 pm

Jing291 wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:12 pm
Hiya

I submitted my application in Nov 2018 and I am at the risk of being made redundant. May I ask if I am allowed to be employed by a new company while waiting for the result? I am currently on the spouse visa (my husband is English) and my current employer isn't my visa sponsor.

Thank you.

Theresa
As far as I am aware, spouse visa has no such requirement that you need to stay in a job.
Are you relying on this job to meet salary income requirements?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Jing291
Newly Registered
China

Post by Jing291 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:27 pm

Hi

Thanks for your message.

My company will make redundant of 50% of the current employees and I am at risk.

I don't rely on my job to meet the financial requirements because my husband's salary alone will meet the financial threshold. I am just keen to know if it is legal for a company to recruit a person in my situation (who already submitted application and just waiting for the result). If it is, then I can start to look for a new job. :)

Thanks

Theresa

Jing291
Newly Registered
China

Post by Jing291 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:28 pm

tier11417 wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:18 pm
Jing291 wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:12 pm
Hiya

Thank you.

Theresa
As far as I am aware, spouse visa has no such requirement that you need to stay in a job.
Are you relying on this job to meet salary income requirements?
Hi

Thanks for your message.

My company will make redundant of 50% of the current employees and I am at risk.

I don't rely on my job to meet the financial requirements because my husband's salary alone will meet the financial threshold. I am just keen to know if it is legal for a company to recruit a person in my situation (who already submitted application and just waiting for the result). If it is, then I can start to look for a new job. :)

Thanks

Theresa

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:48 pm

Jing291 wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:27 pm
Hi

Thanks for your message.

Thanks

Theresa
I dont think you need to worry then. You are covered under section 3c and continue as the same till a decision is made. Legally you can work, however a new employer might be hard to get in a similar situation as majority employers want clear visa status. You can provide them your HO case reference letter/email as a proof your visa is in process. Goodluck.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Jing291
Newly Registered
China

Post by Jing291 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:07 pm

tier11417 wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:48 pm
Jing291 wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:27 pm
Hi

Thanks for your message.

Thanks

Theresa
I dont think you need to worry then. You are covered under section 3c and continue as the same till a decision is made. Legally you can work, however a new employer might be hard to get in a similar situation as majority employers want clear visa status. You can provide them your HO case reference letter/email as a proof your visa is in process. Goodluck.
Thanks!