ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can someone please tell me how do I bring the non-EEA parent of my child into Ireland?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

absy1123
Newly Registered
Ireland

Can someone please tell me how do I bring the non-EEA parent of my child into Ireland?

Post by absy1123 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:01 pm

I've researched this stuff for hours but I'm still not quite clear on the answer. Contacting INIS is not working because they aren't responding. Basically, I'm irish, and I have a daughter. Our daughter's mum is from outside the EEA and our daughter was born in her mother's country. My daughter has an Irish passport. I am not married to her mother.

It is extremely unclear and ambiguous as to what sort of visa we should be applying for to get her mother into Ireland for the long-term. The INIS "policy document on non-EEA family reunification" suggests that it is their general policy to grant immigration permission to the non-EEA parent of an Irish child. But the document makes no guidelines whatsoever as to how to go about this.

When you apply for a D visa online, there is no option to apply for the visa on the basis of parentage of an Irish child. This really confuses me. If it's their general policy to grant immigration permission, then why isn't it an option to apply on that basis using their online forms?

If I were to apply on the de facto partner basis, I'd have to go through all that rubbish about proving you've lived together for 2 years (which we haven't) and proving the €40k income over 3 years threshold. The whole thing seems needlessly confusing. Any help would be much appreciated.

absy1123
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Can someone please tell me how do I bring the non-EEA parent of my child into Ireland?

Post by absy1123 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:49 am

not exactly the most helpful immigration forum I see :-/

blondesafari

Re: Can someone please tell me how do I bring the non-EEA parent of my child into Ireland?

Post by blondesafari » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:32 am

Goodness! The people on this forum do not get paid. They are very helpful indeed when they have the answers. Your attitude is not conducive and certainly not a reason for forum members to give up their personal time to try and help you. I wish you luck in your endeavours.

absy1123
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by absy1123 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:23 am

blondesafari wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:32 am
Goodness! The people on this forum do not get paid. They are very helpful indeed when they have the answers. Your attitude is not conducive and certainly not a reason for forum members to give up their personal time to try and help you. I wish you luck in your endeavours.
While you continue to virtue signal online, please bear in mind that I was very detailed in my question, giving specifics as to why I felt the need to post here (the documentation online is ambiguous).

It is a question that should not at all be difficult to answer and should be common knowledge among people who hang around an immigration forum in their spare time. I assumed some people on here have gone through the process. But ok, enjoy your virtue signalling.

absy1123
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by absy1123 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:26 am

absy1123 wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:23 am
blondesafari wrote:
While you continue to virtue signal online, please bear in mind that I was very detailed in my question, giving specifics as to why I felt the need to post here (the documentation online is ambiguous).

It is a question that should not at all be difficult to answer and should be common knowledge among people who hang around an immigration forum in their spare time. I assumed some people on here have gone through the process.

"Your attitude is not conducive" What attitude? Over 60 people viewed the post and there wasn't one reply. It's really not stretching it to call that unhelpful. I suggest growing a thicker skin if things bother you so easily.

But ok, enjoy your virtue signalling.

absy1123
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by absy1123 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:28 am

blondesafari wrote:

It is a question that should not at all be difficult to answer and should be common knowledge among people who hang around an immigration forum in their spare time. I assumed some people on here have gone through the process.

"Your attitude is not conducive" What attitude? Over 60 people viewed the post and there wasn't one reply. It's really not stretching it to call that unhelpful. I suggest growing a thicker skin if things bother you so easily.

Bear in mind that I spent hours trawling through online documentation which has been poorly worded and doesn't give clear guidelines before I even considered posting here. This is not a low-effort post I made with an answer that one can easily find from a Google search. It calls for the experience of people who've gone through the same thing I'm attempting to go through, hence my disappointment at the lack of a reply.

But ok, enjoy your virtue signalling. Toodles.

sonia167
Newly Registered

Post by sonia167 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:05 am

Guys this topic is very interesting... Guys did you find any solution.. one of my family member is in the same situation, appreciate your help guys, if you can share your knowledge on this best platform ever.

Jordans
Ireland

Post by Jordans » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:16 am

There is a thread above yours where the non EEA spouse of an Irish citizen was refused their Stamp 4 because they came to the country on a student visa. Someone else commented that their non EEA spouse had no issues with changing to Stamp 4 from a work visa. So, putting these facts together, the way to bring your daughter’s mom to Ireland is through employment. If she manages to get a job offer, you can get married 3 months after she arrives and you’ll be all set.