ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Application Without Registered Post

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

MLCFDC
Newly Registered
Ireland

Naturalisation Application Without Registered Post

Post by MLCFDC » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:22 am

Hi,

I originally sent out my Naturalisation application (based on 7+ years of residency) to the INIS Naturaliastion Service in early November 2018. I foolishly forgot to send this via registered post, but wanted to confirm with the INIS whether or not they received my documents.

I emailed INIS last week and they asked for a registered post tracker number (which I do not have) - has anybody else been in this situation? Is there any other detail (passport no., name/postal address, email, phone number etc.) I can provide them to enable them to confirm they received my documents?

I've been waiting around 10 weeks now and have not heard anything back from INIS.

Thanks

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Naturalisation Application Without Registered Post

Post by littlerr » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:38 am

How much did you pay for the postage? For so many papers in the envelope, it must be weighed by the post office before they can give you the correct postage (or maybe you did it by yourself)? Did you have a return address on the envelope, in case the postage is insufficient?

They don't track by passport number (although arguably they must have been able to do that). Once your application is received and passed the initial processing stage, they assign you an application number. This is the only identifier for normal support personnel to check this. I guess this is partly due to the data protection requirement under GDPR.

I wish I could just say everything's fine but you need to prepare for the worst.

Write them a letter. Give them your passport number and the date that the application was sent, and ask for a written response. Just say that you do not have the tracking number and you are a bit worried that it has been X weeks but you haven't received any response.

MLCFDC
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by MLCFDC » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:44 am

When I went to the post office it was weighed and the correct postage fee was paid, so I'm assuming sufficient postage fee was paid. No return address specifically on the envelope no, but I'm not too worried about the documents not reaching the INIS, as I paid roughly €15 to get it sent from Dublin to Tipperary.

Are application numbers assigned via email/phone? Or does all communication following the application come through post?

I will write them a letter with my passport number and date I sent the application and see what they respond.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:56 am

All correspondences are by post (unless you email or call them first - they will just respond you by email/phone).