ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric appointment available after Visa expiry

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vinayshettar
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Biometric appointment available after Visa expiry

Post by vinayshettar » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:36 pm

Hi there,
My case details are below:
Current visa expiry: 24/01/2019
Extension Application submission date: 19/01/2019
UKVI Biometric appointment date through UKVCAS : 01/02/2019
Visa type: Tier 2 ICT dependent
Main applicant: Already on ILR
Applying from: UK

My concern is that my biometric appointment date is after my current visa expires. If I go ahead with the appointment will this be considered as overstaying on current visa? Also does this risk in visa application status getting rejected?

Thanks.

valeritos
Newly Registered
Russia

Re: Biometric appointment available after Visa expiry

Post by valeritos » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:21 pm

Hi,

I just came across the same problem with my Tier 4 to Tier 2 transfer.
I called the UK visa and immigration line, the case worker assured me that the official date of my application is what it says on the online confirmation form (so the date when you applied online). This applies ONLY to cases when the new UKVCAS system was used.
Staying in the UK after your application for extension was made (and email confirmation received) does not count as breach of visa conditions. As long as you applied online before 24/01/2019 (which you did), attending a booked appointment after this date should not present an issue.

This is also what it says on the official 'Immigration Rules part 1: leave to enter or stay in the UK' guidance, part 34G:
""Date an application (or variation of an application) for leave to remain is made
34G. For the purposes of these rules, the date on which an application (or a variation of application in accordance with paragraph 34E is made is:
(1) where the paper application form is sent by post by Royal Mail, whether or not accompanied by a fee waiver request form, the date of posting as shown on the tracking information provided by Royal Mail or, if not tracked, by the postmark date on the envelope; or
(2) where the paper application form is sent by courier, or other postal services provider, the date on which it is delivered to the Home Office; or
(3) where the application is made via the online application process, and there is no request for a fee waiver, the date on which the online application is submitted; or
(4) where the online application includes a request for a fee waiver, the date on which the online request for a fee waiver is submitted, as long as the completed application for leave to remain is submitted within 10 days of the receipt of the decision on the fee waiver application.
(5) Notice of invalidity under paragraph 34G(4) will be given in writing and served in accordance with Appendix SN of these Rules.""

So, I guess, good news for both of us :)) good luck with your application and keep me posted

vinayshettar
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by vinayshettar » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:35 pm

Thanks valeritos. Keeping fingers crossed :)
Will update the thread about how it went.

valeritos
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by valeritos » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:07 pm

Hey thought I would put your mind at ease before you go for your appointment.
My decision came through today, exactly 24h after submission (I paid for Super Priority) and visa was granted successfully.
And yes, as long as you submit your application online before the visa expiry date, there is no issue with going for a later appointment. They simply do not have enough centres yet to accommodate everyone on the short notice.
Hope it goes well for you as well!

ariff21
India

Post by ariff21 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:23 pm

Hi Valeritos..

Have u applied for tier 2 extension and received in 24 hours... could u pls let me know about ur application and timelines pls

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:26 pm

ariff21 wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:23 pm
Hi Valeritos..

Have u applied for tier 2 extension and received in 24 hours... could u pls let me know about ur application and timelines pls
Do you not read what people post??? Or do you simply post for the sake of posting??
valeritos wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:07 pm
My decision came through today, exactly 24h after submission (I paid for Super Priority) and visa was granted successfully.
And yes, as long as you submit your application online before the visa expiry date, there is no issue with going for a later appointment. They simply do not have enough centres yet to accommodate everyone on the short notice.
valeritos wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:27 pm
1. Type of application: Tier 2 General (New system, Super Priority Service)
2. If switching, category changing (switching) from: Tier 4 General
3. Date of expiry of current leave: 23/01/2019
4. Number of dependants applying at same time: 0
5. Date application submitted: 22/01/2019
6. Date application received at UKVI: n/a
7. Date payment debited: 23/01/2019
8. Payment mode: Debit Card
9. Acknowledgement letter received: n/a
10. Biometric letter received: n/a
11. Date of biometrics enrolment: 31/01/2019 (after official visa expiry date, but that does not count as overstaying as long as application online was submitted before the expiration)
12. Date of approval: 01/02/2019 (email received exactly 24h after the biometrics appointment)

13. Date of return of passport and other documents: n/a (no originals were taken)
14. Date (new) leave to remain valid from: 22/01/2019
15. Date BRP received: to be seen
16. Passport received: n/a
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

valeritos
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by valeritos » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:32 pm

ariff21 wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:23 pm
Hi Valeritos..

Hi,
I guess mine was one of the easier ones - Tier 4 to Tier 2 transfer. I submitted application online on 22/01/2019 (new service, paid for super priority) and booked appointment for 31/1/2019 (earliest available), received decision by email 24h after the biometrics appointment.
From my own experience I know it is quite reassuring to read about positive outcomes, so I hope that helps :D

vinayshettar
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by vinayshettar » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:00 am

Hi Valeritos,
thanks a lot for information. It did help a lot :)
I got the approval confirmation on 3/Feb and the appointment was on 1/Feb.

Congratulations to you!
valeritos wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:07 pm