ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English language and few other questions on my application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kankusho
Newly Registered
Mood:
Poland

English language and few other questions on my application

Post by kankusho » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:15 am

I'm Polish and I've been living in UK since 2005. In 2016 I've obtained my PR and finally would like to apply for citizenship however I am stuck on few questions. Would really appreciate any help or guidance on the following:

1.1 Give any reference numbers used in your immigration
applications:

Q: When I received my Home Office Permament Residency Card (blue) it also came with a letter. It only seems to show the Case ID: number. Is that what I need to use for 1.1 ?

1.22 Life in the UK and English language requirements:

Q: I've passed Life in UK test and also finished Master's Degree at University of Bradford few years ago. Do I only send my diploma or I also need to get some NARIC statement? It's unclear to me what exactly the application require of me.

2.4 EEA

Card number: I suspect it is the UKF number in the blue PR card
Date of issue: Again, it's the date of issue printed on the blue PR card. I've also received an a4 page with PR that says the same date: 06 October 2016. So is that the I am stating in 2.4?

6.1 Biometric

I think when I applied for PR in 2016 I used post office Biometric service - think it was to take my photo. But I was never given any BRP number, with place of issue, etc. Based on that do I simply select "No, got to question 6.16" and Home Office will require me again to get that Biometric done again?

Thank you very much for any help with this.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: English language and few other questions on my application

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:54 am

kankusho wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:15 am
I'm Polish and I've been living in UK since 2005. In 2016 I've obtained my PR and finally would like to apply for citizenship however I am stuck on few questions. Would really appreciate any help or guidance on the following:

1.1 Give any reference numbers used in your immigration
applications:

Q: When I received my Home Office Permament Residency Card (blue) it also came with a letter. It only seems to show the Case ID: number. Is that what I need to use for 1.1 ?
Yes

1.22 Life in the UK and English language requirements:

Q: I've passed Life in UK test and also finished Master's Degree at University of Bradford few years ago. Do I only send my diploma or I also need to get some NARIC statement? It's unclear to me what exactly the application require of me.
Diploma only - Naric not required as UK Degree

2.4 EEA

Card number: I suspect it is the UKF number in the blue PR card
Date of issue: Again, it's the date of issue printed on the blue PR card. I've also received an a4 page with PR that says the same date: 06 October 2016. So is that the I am stating in 2.4? Yes use the number

6.1 Biometric

I think when I applied for PR in 2016 I used post office Biometric service - think it was to take my photo. But I was never given any BRP number, with place of issue, etc. Based on that do I simply select "No, got to question 6.16" and Home Office will require me again to get that Biometric done again?
Say "No" - biometrics need to be done in any case.
Thank you very much for any help with this.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

kankusho
Newly Registered
Mood:
Poland

Post by kankusho » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:35 pm

Amazing, thank you very much for confirming this.

One last question, if I may ask?
When I fill in the 2.4 section (part of EEA national) then I leave "the date field under 1.3" empty (on the first page of application)?

Someone suggested it may be the first time you came to UK (as EU member) while someone else said it may be the date from which you got the PR. As mine was granted in 2016 then it should be 2011 (just after WRS was abolished).

I think I need to leave 1.3 empty as I never got any official ILR or similar.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:46 pm

Stick with the question - enter the date you came to the UK.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.