ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 Visa refused under 245ZV(k)

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

haider1
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Tier 4 Visa refused under 245ZV(k)

Post by haider1 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:45 am

My tier 4 visa got refused under paragraph 245ZV(k). I attached the bank statemnt showing 80 Lakh or 8 million Pakistani Rupees above maintained for my educatiuon purpose, i dont understanding when i have more then enough funds in the bank, why does sufficient monthly income matter.

SHOULD I APPLY FOR AR?

Reply i got:
You were interviewed by the Entry Clearance Officer via Skype on the 7th January 2019.
In your interview you were asked numerous questions about the source of the funds you would be using to support your education in the UK. You said the money was provided by your father, a senior government officer. You stated his income was 30 lakhs a year and your mother and 2 younger sisters were financially dependent on him as well as yourself.
Your tuition fees for this course according to your CAS are £12,600 and your estimated living expenses for the time you would be studying the course would be £7150 meaning you would be required to have £19,705 available to your throughout your period of study.
As of the date you made your application, 30 Lakh or 3 million Pakistan Rupees was worth around £17,105.
I do not find it credible that your father is able to support your education in the UK financially as well as provide your mother and sisters based on this income.
The Fact that you have chosen to come to another country to study, when the cost will be in excess of your financial sponsor’s yearly earnings lead me to question whether you are a credible student.
In view of this I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of paragraph 245ZV (k) of the immigration Rules and I therefore refuse your application for entry clearance.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 4 Visa refused under 245ZV(k)

Post by sah10406 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:49 pm

haider1 wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:45 am
SHOULD I APPLY FOR AR?
Speak to your Tier 4 sponsor. They can advise on your options, including an AR and/or a new application.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

taptap91
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by taptap91 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:15 pm

i applied tier 4 in pakistan and got refused under section 245ZV.they say i am not a genuine student where as i am .i have been given administrative review, which i will appeal . but i have one question , in pakistan do we get judicial review as-well same as uk ?
Please please please help me in this regard.
Many thanks.
Looking forward to hear from you.

taptap91
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by taptap91 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:40 am

Please anyone can help me?
Thanks.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:44 am

sah10406 wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:49 pm
Speak to your Tier 4 sponsor. They can advise on your options, including an AR and/or a new application.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

metuniuk
Newly Registered

Post by metuniuk » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:59 pm

taptap91 wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:40 am
Please anyone can help me?
Thanks.
Brother I am not expert but I can tell you from my visa experience that the EC officer used the power of 245ZV(k) to refuse your application even though you have been awarded the 40 points and these days UKVI investigate the proportionate of family income in terms of expense. You can request for AR however unfortunately you can not enrol for Jan 2019 intake anyway due to time constraints.

In my opinion, you should prepare for the September 2019 intake and be well prepared for the interview. Also as Shah10406 already said, you need to ask your Tier 4 sponsor whether they are happy to sponsor you for the September 2019 intake or not otherwise you need to find new sponsor.

I think for Tier 4 visa, interview plays a vital role for securing visa but unfortunately many students do not get enough preparation for it. Hence, I would like to request you to do more research to satisfy them by answering their questions properly. For example, if you informed them that you and your mother only rely on your father income (rest of two members are self dependent) that would be much more crystal clear this scenario in terms of your father income and it could remove the doubtness of EC findings.

What were the questions that you encountered in the interview?

I hope this explanation helps and best of luck.

Regards

haider1
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by haider1 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:32 pm

The major mistake i made was attaching my father's annual income document since there is no legal requirement for that. All they require is sufficient available funds. And the mistake ECO made was neglecting the bank statement which contains more than enough funds for my education and only considered the annual income document. Majorly because i didn't mention the bank statement in the interview. I feel like ECO didn't even look at my document, eco just watched my interview and made the decision. But luckily i have a course starting in April aswell so i can defer my application and don't need to reapply, but only if they accept my Administrative Review.

haider1
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by haider1 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:34 pm

taptap91 wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:15 pm
i applied tier 4 in pakistan and got refused under section 245ZV.they say i am not a genuine student where as i am .i have been given administrative review, which i will appeal . but i have one question , in pakistan do we get judicial review as-well same as uk ?
Please please please help me in this regard.
Many thanks.
Looking forward to hear from you.
I have a friend who's an immigration lawyer, he drafted my Administrative review. I suggest you find an immigration lawyer as well.

faranmalik786
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by faranmalik786 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:21 pm

Hey,
Did you gave them your father's bank statement?

faranmalik786
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by faranmalik786 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:17 am

haider1 wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:45 am
My tier 4 visa got refused under paragraph 245ZV(k). I attached the bank statemnt showing 80 Lakh or 8 million Pakistani Rupees above maintained for my educatiuon purpose, i dont understanding when i have more then enough funds in the bank, why does sufficient monthly income matter.

SHOULD I APPLY FOR AR?

Reply i got:
You were interviewed by the Entry Clearance Officer via Skype on the 7th January 2019.
In your interview you were asked numerous questions about the source of the funds you would be using to support your education in the UK. You said the money was provided by your father, a senior government officer. You stated his income was 30 lakhs a year and your mother and 2 younger sisters were financially dependent on him as well as yourself.
Your tuition fees for this course according to your CAS are £12,600 and your estimated living expenses for the time you would be studying the course would be £7150 meaning you would be required to have £19,705 available to your throughout your period of study.
As of the date you made your application, 30 Lakh or 3 million Pakistan Rupees was worth around £17,105.
I do not find it credible that your father is able to support your education in the UK financially as well as provide your mother and sisters based on this income.
The Fact that you have chosen to come to another country to study, when the cost will be in excess of your financial sponsor’s yearly earnings lead me to question whether you are a credible student.
In view of this I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of paragraph 245ZV (k) of the immigration Rules and I therefore refuse your application for entry clearance.
Hey bro did you use your father statement? And what about the AR? Was it successful?