ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wrong IHS reference submitted on application FLR(M) spouse extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mrdash
Newly Registered
Singapore

Wrong IHS reference submitted on application FLR(M) spouse extension

Post by mrdash » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:00 pm

Hi all,

I need a little advice on my application. I have submitted the online form FLR(M) to extend spouse visa. However, after submitting the form and paid the fee, I realised that the IHS reference I provided was wrong (I input the previous IHS reference used for the initial spouse visa).

After realising the mistake, I continued to make an IHS payment manually, thinking that I can make the correction on the printed copy of the form.

I then realise that they don't actually require us to send the printed copy of the form on the new system, only the supporting documents. I am now confused as to what to do with this situation? Has anyone have any experience or advice in how I should proceed? Will they accept it if I send a cover letter and print the new IHS confirmation e-mail? It seems a bit too much if I have to cancel the whole application just because of a slight error on the IHS reference (I read online that cancelling will not return back the fee I paid, which was not little - £1033) :(

Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

mrdash
Newly Registered
Singapore

Re: Wrong IHS reference submitted on application FLR(M) spouse extension

Post by mrdash » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:37 am

I would also like to add that I made the IHS payment *after* submitting the application. Is this ok?

Please help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:42 am

Should be fine. Print off the online FLR(M) and correct it by hand and include your updated payment confirmation etc with your supporting documents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vAvAv00m
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by vAvAv00m » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:27 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:42 am
Should be fine. Print off the online FLR(M) and correct it by hand and include your updated payment confirmation etc with your supporting documents.
@mrdash Have you got your visa sorted in the end as per advised? I made the same mistake with my FLRM and is now panicking.

Robot_84
Newly Registered

Post by Robot_84 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:44 pm

@mrdash @vAvAv00m @CR001

I have also made the same mistake, i still have the old IHS document which shows the old number and i have a new IHS number as well. Could i include the old document when submitting the application as well as the new? I was also going to write a cover letter explaining my error. Do you think this will be suffice?

Please kindly advise,

Any help would be greatly appreciated as i'm seriously worried.

Thanks,
Rob

vAvAv00m
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by vAvAv00m » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:19 pm

@Robot_84

Hi Rob,

Sorry for the late reply since my post was removed last week as it timed out while I was trying to post it.

We got our visa within 2.5 hours on the same day and it was a close shave.

We were lucky to have accidentally opted in to submit the application in person, instead of online so we corrected the IHS number by hand and brought the printout of our IHS confirmation to the centre.

However, if you have opted in submit application online or you have already submitted your application form online together with booking the session then I'm afraid you might have to cancel and re-submit which is utterly garbage.

That's what our agent and the immigration advisors (we called them three times since we were freaking out as well) told us over the phone.

I hope that helps and all the best!

Regards,

Lillian

Nielle
Newly Registered
Mood:
Algeria

Post by Nielle » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:47 pm

Hello.

I had the same issue today. I have booked an appointment for the 3rd of October.
I can bring a copy of the right IHS payment and I can rectify the application form by hand ?
Do you think that will be possible ?
I am really panicking for flooding all this money and wasting time as well.

Please need you help and advices Please we save me.

Regards
Nawel

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:20 pm

Not clear on this. If an application is cancelled after submission I. E. application and IHS fees paid, do you get a refund for both the application and IHS fees or if due to error on the application the paid fees can be transferred to New application.

sam10101
Newly Registered

Post by sam10101 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:24 pm

mrdash wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:00 pm
Hi all,

I need a little advice on my application. I have submitted the online form FLR(M) to extend spouse visa. However, after submitting the form and paid the fee, I realised that the IHS reference I provided was wrong (I input the previous IHS reference used for the initial spouse visa).

After realising the mistake, I continued to make an IHS payment manually, thinking that I can make the correction on the printed copy of the form.

I then realise that they don't actually require us to send the printed copy of the form on the new system, only the supporting documents. I am now confused as to what to do with this situation? Has anyone have any experience or advice in how I should proceed? Will they accept it if I send a cover letter and print the new IHS confirmation e-mail? It seems a bit too much if I have to cancel the whole application just because of a slight error on the IHS reference (I read online that cancelling will not return back the fee I paid, which was not little - £1033) :(

Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Unfortunately we have done the exact same thing and submitted our previous IHS number. What did you do? How did you solve the issue?

Please let me know as any help would be extremely helpful. We are extremely worried about it and have no way of knowing how to proceed

Sam.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:30 pm

Might be worth contacting UKVI to get their suggestions on how to proceed.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

Usamabhojani
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Usamabhojani » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:46 am

Hi everyone,

I had gone through similar problem while completing my online application so I thought sharing my experience will help others.

First of all do not enter your previous IHS reference number in the online application.

If by mistake you have entered your previous IHS reference number it will not give you an option to pay your IHS at the end of the application, I did the same mistake as a result It did not give me an option to pay my IHS.

I mentioned the mistake in my cover letter and requested to provide me the linke to pay IHS, since I opted for the super priority service I received an email within 3 hours of my appointment requesting payment of the IHS and sending my new IHS reference number in the reply.

Alhamdulillah I received a reply back within 2 hours confirming that my spouse visa extension was granted.

Once again I am not an immigration advisor and do not take any responsibility for anything above but thought sharing my experience would be helpful for those who commited the same mistake.

Kind regards

Usama