ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need help urgently regarding applykng for eu settlement scheme..

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Need help urgently regarding applykng for eu settlement scheme..

Post by ljdebenedictis » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:26 pm

Hi.

Today I tried to use the app, the first question was: are you eu citizen, if yes use passport and if not use biometric residence card. I’m a non eu citizen married to a British (used surinder singh route), been here since 2013. My residence permit is on my passport, I tried to scan that but kept on telling me that “British Citizen cannot apply for settlement scheme” WHAT? I am not a British citizen yet (I wish) 😜

Please can someone enlighten me.
Thank you in advance

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Need help urgently regarding applykng for eu settlement scheme..

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:24 pm

The scheme is still beta - and very little public experience available - best to contact the user support (there must be some kind of contact info available in the app?).
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Post by ljdebenedictis » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:44 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:24 pm
The scheme is still beta - and very little public experience available - best to contact the user support (there must be some kind of contact info available in the app?).
I read somewhere that only EU citizens and their family can apply for the beta? I got very anxious. 😱 I’m hopin that when they oprn at the end of March, SS route people can definitely apply?

Will call them tomorrow, they are open 9-5.
Thank you

apc2012
Newly Registered

Post by apc2012 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:53 am

Hi, i am in the same situation as you, a Surinder Singh family member who has a vignette in passport instead of card. I tried the app and got the same message. i gave up and figured i'd need to wait until March/April, but please let me know if you find out any info. Good luck and thanks!

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Post by ljdebenedictis » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:51 pm

apc2012 wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:53 am
Hi, i am in the same situation as you, a Surinder Singh family member who has a vignette in passport instead of card. I tried the app and got the same message. i gave up and figured i'd need to wait until March/April, but please let me know if you find out any info. Good luck and thanks!
I was so frustrated last night. I’m just going to wait until March when it’s fully open. I will let you know if any changes xx