ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) Application Queries

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Nannak
Newly Registered

FLR(M) Application Queries

Post by Nannak » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:49 pm

Please help I am having trouble understanding questions on the FLR(M) form online

I am a British Citizen, I married my wife (who is originally from India )in March 2016. She applied to join me as family from outside the UK and was granted a visa for 33 months in 1 June 2016. Her visa expires in 1 Mar 2019. Now she needs to apply for an extension.

The questions I am having trouble are

1. Is this the first time you have applied for a partner route, or an extension, with your current partner (including as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner)?
Yes or No – I am inclined to answer no because this is not the first time she applied for a partner route

2. Please choose the reason you are applying for an extension, this includes if you are switching to a partner visa from another type.
a) First extension as a partner (following an initial period of entry as a partner, or as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner of a settled person)
b) Additional extension as a partner
c) First application as a partner from within the UK (for example, you are currently in the UK on another type of visa or permission to stay)
d) You delayed your travel to the UK by more than 3 months after the issue of a visa and have not yet completed the required amount of time on a partner visa (not including as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner)
e) You require more time to meet the Knowledge of Language and Life in the UK requirements to apply for settlement
f) You were granted entry as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner, but have not yet married or entered into a civil partnership
g) You are applying for any other reason

I am inclined to answer option A because this is her first extension.

Can you please confirm whether you agree with my answers, any suggestions would be very helpful

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: FLR(M) Application Queries

Post by ariamus » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:56 pm

It is such a stupid worded question but I guess that is the UKVI !

1. Is this the first time you have applied for a partner route, or an extension, with your current partner (including as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner)?
Yes or No – I am inclined to answer no because this is not the first time she applied for a partner route

If you read the bold aspects, it seems you need to answer yes?

I will be applying soon so be good if someone with experience can clarify.

Lola1010
Turkey

Re: FLR(M) Application Queries

Post by Lola1010 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:51 pm

Hi. I believe it's the first time as partner route and extension, so answer yes.

Second question would be answer 'A'
We have just completed my husbands visa and after research on this site, these seem to be the correct answers .
Good luck