ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Through Irish Baby

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

deep_love
Newly Registered

Naturalisation Through Irish Baby

Post by deep_love » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:59 pm

Hi, I would like to know if a non EU, holding a EU fam stamp 4, can have Irish citizenship through Irish baby in 3 years?
I know that it is possible to get Irish citizenship through EU citizen in 5 years, but want to know if it is possible in 3 years through Irish baby.
Thank you.

Rosay36
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Naturalisation Through Irish Baby

Post by Rosay36 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:04 pm

You have to wait until the fifth year to apply

nojoyfrominis

Post by nojoyfrominis » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:50 am

You can apply as technically this is Irish associations (related by blood). But it is ministers discretion if he will give two years discount. Generally these applications take long but you will have two years advantage here.
My wife applied through Irish associations based on Irish children in July 2017 (after 4 years residency). The application has cleared second stage and is awaiting to be submitted to the minister.

Delacruz007
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Delacruz007 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:49 pm

Is this law applicable to applicants from Northern Ireland?

Mrs P
India

Post by Mrs P » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:24 pm

I think yes. I am in same boat applied through Irish association from norther ireland living from 5 years my son is irish and he is 3 1/2 years old. I rang last week to get some updates they told me my application has passed second stage and waiting to send my file to minister in next batch.. hopefully will get approval soon. Applied in jan 2017

Mrs P
India

Post by Mrs P » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:34 pm

nojoyfrominis wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:50 am
You can apply as technically this is Irish associations (related by blood). But it is ministers discretion if he will give two years discount. Generally these applications take long but you will have two years advantage here.
My wife applied through Irish associations based on Irish children in July 2017 (after 4 years residency). The application has cleared second stage and is awaiting to be submitted to the minister.
If you don’t mind can you share one thing that is, at the time your wife applied naturalisation on the basis of Irish association what was your nationality .. ?

Mrs P
India

Post by Mrs P » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:37 pm

Mrs P wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:34 pm
nojoyfrominis wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:50 am
If you don’t mind can you share one thing that is, at the time your wife applied naturalisation on the basis of Irish association what was your nationality .. ?
Because in my case me and my husband both applied together for naturalisation through Irish association as our son is irish..just to know what are the chances to get approval for both parents..

nojoyfrominis

Post by nojoyfrominis » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:08 pm

I am a U.K. national.