ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ICT Long term visa - change of employers

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rajanlibr
Newly Registered
India

ICT Long term visa - change of employers

Post by rajanlibr » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:27 pm

Hi there,

Presently I am working in UK on Tier 2 ICT Long term, starting Nov 2018 and learn that this can be extended for 3 more years. Previously I was in UK for Aug16-Jul17 on Tier 2 ICT Short term visa.

I am in process of securing an offer(~55-60K£), but this visa doesn't allow to change the employer. I have my wife and son(infant) here in UK as dependents.

My query is: Is there a way to get a new work visa soon, without serving 12 month Tier 2 LT cool off period. The new employer isn't offering sponsorship, so assume only was is via dependent route.

My wife would be looking for work again in UK, post her maternity break for couple of years, but there are lower chances for her to find a sponsor.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ICT Long term visa - change of employers

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:01 am

You are subject to the cooling off period if you want to apply for a tier 2 general visa.

There is no other work permit type visa that will allow you to work withiut a sponsor.

If your wife cannot get sponsorship, you can't obviously get a dependent visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.