ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation for child- absence

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Linben123

Naturalisation for child- absence

Post by Linben123 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:48 pm

Good evening,
I have started to fill in Form T for my child, who was born in the UK and has lived here for more than 10 years. They ask to state how many times he left the country in 10 years, I am struggling to find all the correct dates, especially for the first couple of years. He has never been out of the Uk for more than 90 days. While I have got many of the dates correctly, In some cases I can only state that maximum 3 weeks -the place he went to and the season. I do not have time to request official records. Would providing information this way be acceptable by the HO?

secret.simon

Re: Naturalisation for child- absence

Post by secret.simon » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:29 am

Linben123 wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:48 pm
I do not have time to request official records.
WHy do you not have the time to request official records? The entitlement to apply on Form T is a lifelong entitlement and can be applied for at any time after the ten years of initial residence in the UK.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Linben123

Post by Linben123 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:09 am

Thanks Secret Simon, how log would SAR take and how to apply? Is it really a problem if someone makes a couple of mistakes on the absent dates? I have got most of the paperwork ready and would like to send it through.

kiks
Romania

Post by kiks » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:44 pm

Hello,
I think SAR is only useful when you work pay taxes nd hve National Insurance contributions - it will not tell you about travels etc?
Regards