ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for spouse visa almost 15months after marriage, PROBLEM?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

HamzahB786
Pakistan

Applying for spouse visa in pakistan holiday concern help urgently needed

Post by HamzahB786 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:57 pm

Hi there everyone hope everyone is ok, I need help urgently im looking to apply for my wifes visa in october she currently has TB and is having treatment and will be clear hopefully by october only issue is iv gone to pakistan 4 times before I went 3 weeks for my wedding and then for 4 weeks after that, then i went for 18days in april and now iv just returned for the fourth time after staying for 6 weeks! so my total is 4 visits in a year and a total of 15/16 week time spent in pakistan in the last year, i won't go for another visit now until next year. i work for a private business company and the owner is allowing me to go even though my holidays are only 24 days on paper (he's actually my uncle), main thing i will have my 6 month pay slips, contract letter,employment letter done for application, the thing is my job role includes buying and we import clothing from pakistan/china so its more of a business trip than a holiday, but i was with my wife aswel and spent every night with her, iv got videos and pictures of clothing being manufactured in the factories what i worried about was would home office ask why iv had so many days off? And been in pakistan even though i have everything to match the criteria (pay slips, employment letter etc) would they refuse my application or ask me why iv had so many days off and visited 4 times, i mean i can justify why i went which is business the owner of the company will also confirm this that i went to confirm a few shipment orders at factories in pakistan, but i was with my wife spending time everyday, i will include outings got loads of pictures as well and include them in my application during this time we also visited dubai and azerbaijan for holiday and have loads of pics spending together, help urgently needed as i cant find an answer anywhere to this

Danra
Ireland

Re: Applying for spouse visa in pakistan holiday concern help urgently needed

Post by Danra » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:31 pm

You could do is, when you apply for visa; what you would normally do is add a personal statement with your visa file.
So when you are making this personal statement you could mention this that you go to Pakistan and some times China on business trips and this is part of your job.
If you went to China and you have Chinese immigration entry stamp on your passport that would be great to prove that you do not just go to Pakistan.
But if you only have Pakistani immigration entry stamp you could argue the last year you only happen to visit Pakistan more than ever before. Some years you pay more visits than other years depending on how well business is going.
By the entry stamps they could work out why you only paid more visits after you got married then you could say 2 of them were your business trips and twice you went to see your wife.
Nonetheless home office can not refuse you only on the bases that you visited Pakistan. You could go and see your wife any time you like she part of your family. However home office can argue how come you are working and coming in and out of the country frequently. That's when your personal statement would explain that you do business trips to Pakistan often also you went on holidays couple of times.
Plus home office could also call your employer and COULD ask them these questions in an interview. So who ever attends this phone interview they should know that you do business trips.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:17 am

HamzahB786 wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:57 pm
Hi there everyone hope everyone is ok, I need help urgently im looking to apply for my wifes visa in october she currently has TB and is having treatment and will be clear hopefully by october only issue is iv gone to pakistan 4 times before I went 3 weeks for my wedding and then for 4 weeks after that, then i went for 18days in april and now iv just returned for the fourth time after staying for 6 weeks! so my total is 4 visits in a year and a total of 15/16 week time spent in pakistan in the last year, i won't go for another visit now until next year. i work for a private business company and the owner is allowing me to go even though my holidays are only 24 days on paper (he's actually my uncle), main thing i will have my 6 month pay slips, contract letter,employment letter done for application, the thing is my job role includes buying and we import clothing from pakistan/china so its more of a business trip than a holiday, but i was with my wife aswel and spent every night with her, iv got videos and pictures of clothing being manufactured in the factories what i worried about was would home office ask why iv had so many days off? And been in pakistan even though i have everything to match the criteria (pay slips, employment letter etc) would they refuse my application or ask me why iv had so many days off and visited 4 times, i mean i can justify why i went which is business the owner of the company will also confirm this that i went to confirm a few shipment orders at factories in pakistan, but i was with my wife spending time everyday, i will include outings got loads of pictures as well and include them in my application during this time we also visited dubai and azerbaijan for holiday and have loads of pics spending together, help urgently needed as i cant find an answer anywhere to this
Short foreign trips as part of job should be acceptable. But if it is a family run business or with little turnover then HO will very closely scrutinize it.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:56 pm

HamzahB786 wrote:
iv gone to pakistan 4 times before I went 3 weeks for my wedding and then for 4 weeks after that, then i went for 18days in april and now iv just returned for the fourth time after staying for 6 weeks! so my total is 4 visits in a year and a total of 15/16 week time spent in pakistan in the last year, i won't go for another visit now until next year. i work for a private business company and the owner is allowing me to go even though my holidays are only 24 days on paper (he's actually my uncle), main thing i will have my 6 month pay slips, contract letter,employment letter done for application,
How long have you worked for your uncle and have you had a similar pattern of travel to Pakistan for your job before you got married?
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

HamzahB786
Pakistan

Post by HamzahB786 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:48 pm

ALKB wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:56 pm
HamzahB786 wrote:
iv gone to pakistan 4 times before I went 3 weeks for my wedding and then for 4 weeks after that, then i went for 18days in april and now iv just returned for the fourth time after staying for 6 weeks! so my total is 4 visits in a year and a total of 15/16 week time spent in pakistan in the last year, i won't go for another visit now until next year. i work for a private business company and the owner is allowing me to go even though my holidays are only 24 days on paper (he's actually my uncle), main thing i will have my 6 month pay slips, contract letter,employment letter done for application,
How long have you worked for your uncle and have you had a similar pattern of travel to Pakistan for your job before you got married?
Before i was working part time for my uncle after my marriage i was working full time and earning the required 18.6 per year, before marriage i only visited pakistan once in four years now this year i have gone four times in one year, but i can say my job role changed as proof per wages and hours working which requires me to travel? plus i don't get the big issue she is my wife i can't live without her what's the big deal if i go see her so often its only good showing how healthy our relationship is, shouldn't they look at if we are genuine as long as i'm earning the money what's it to them? how a business runs is personal privacy thats how i look at it

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:24 pm

HamzahB786 wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:48 pm
ALKB wrote:
HamzahB786 wrote:
Before i was working part time for my uncle after my marriage i was working full time and earning the required 18.6 per year, before marriage i only visited pakistan once in four years now this year i have gone four times in one year, but i can say my job role changed as proof per wages and hours working which requires me to travel? plus i don't get the big issue she is my wife i can't live without her what's the big deal if i go see her so often its only good showing how healthy our relationship is, shouldn't they look at if we are genuine as long as i'm earning the money what's it to them? how a business runs is personal privacy thats how i look at it
I didn't say it's a 'big deal'.

Visiting your spouse is good. Your job might not look genuine, though.
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

HamzahB786
Pakistan

Post by HamzahB786 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:37 pm

ALKB wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:24 pm
HamzahB786 wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:48 pm
ALKB wrote:
HamzahB786 wrote:
I didn't say it's a 'big deal'.

Visiting your spouse is good. Your job might not look genuine, though.
but it is genuine, i have videos of me in the factories in pakistan, orders and receipts of shipments coming by container in the uk from pakistan

HamzahB786
Pakistan

Applying for spouse visa almost 15months after marriage, PROBLEM?

Post by HamzahB786 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:05 am

Hi there i'v recently applied for my wife's visa and have been worried this could be a issue.

I got Married in October 2017 in pakistan
Since then I have visited my wife in pakistan on
January 2018 - 4 weeks
April 2018 - 3 Weeks
June 2018 - 6 Weeks
January 2019 - 3 Weeks

we also went on two holidays during this period, dubai for one week and azerbaijan for one week

As u can see i'v constantly gone to see my wife throughout this year, and kept in touch with her on the phone also during this period.
Im just worried would home office ask why have you applied for your wife's visa more than one year later?

The actual reason why i didn't apply straight after marriage was I had to wait for my 6 Months Wage slips to be set, once that was done my wife went for her TB test and it was positive, so she had to take a further 6 months treatment in order for her to get the TB certificate, but nowhere in my application did i mention this, so home office won't know why applied so late, am i just being paranoid or could this be a issue?? help needed thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applying for spouse visa almost 15months after marriage, PROBLEM?

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:23 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

HamzahB786
Pakistan

Post by HamzahB786 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:47 am

why have they been merged they are completely different topics??
hi guys please can u read my most recent post to see what im concerned about above the comment topics merged

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:49 am

HamzahB786 wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:47 am
why have they been merged they are completely different topics??
So that members, who are all unpaid volunteers, can see your full story.

Please do click the link I have provided and have a read!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.