ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employee Absence Letter Example and Question

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

38j
Newly Registered
Turkey

New Set (O) Online Application - Immigration History not letting me put in more than 30 entries

Post by 38j » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:20 pm

Hi all,

Currently I'm on T2 general visa, putting together my online application for ILR buthaving a bit of trouble, appreciate if you can help!

When recording immigration history and recording absences, it seems that the number of absence entries you can put in is limited to 30, where as I've been in and out around 50 times (although total days are very limited as most of those trips are limited to 2-3 days).

Any idea how to put in the rest of the abscesses? Should I write a cover letter with my application and include rest of the absences in the letter?

Many thanks in advance!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: New Set (O) Online Application - Immigration History not letting me put in more than 30 entries

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:22 pm

Spreadsheet?? :!:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

38j
Newly Registered
Turkey

Re: New Set (O) Online Application - Immigration History not letting me put in more than 30 entries

Post by 38j » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:47 pm

I have everything on a spreadsheet already, and know that previously people use to provide the spreadsheet with their application but in the new online system you need to add your absences one by one, and there seems to be a limit (30) to those entries, hence I'm a bit confused about what to do..

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:49 pm

So complete as far as you can in the form and attached the spreadsheet for additional dates. Make a note in the 'additional information' section of the online form if there is one.

The absences should correspond to your employer(s) absence letters too.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

38j
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by 38j » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:37 pm

thank you.

I traveled quiet a lot for business and usually my days outside of the UK was a mixture of both (work trip on Thursday Friday and family visit over the weekend etc) so it will be very complicated to get those date from my previous employer (also I dont think they to have those dates given we didn't log business trips in the system but only holidays).. Do I need my previous employer to write a letter confirming each and every date I was away please?

Also this may not be the correct topic for the letter, happy to move it elsewhere in the Forum..

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:39 pm

You need a letter from all your employers who have sponsored you tier 2 visas as the rules clearly state.

If you cannot get one, you will have to tell HO why and detail the explanation coherently and list your absences. This might delay your ILR decision if HO has to physically check everything.

Assuming as well of course that you have not exceeded the 180 days per 12 month cycle absence limit.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

38j
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by 38j » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:53 pm

thanks very much for this, appreciated.

I'm clear that I need a letter fromall my previous employers, but a bit confused if those letter need to specify exact dates of my absences or not (as my employer wouldn't know if I was in the country or not during my holidays)..

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:03 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)

38j
Newly Registered
Turkey

Employee Absence Letter Example and Question

Post by 38j » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:57 am

Hi all,

I received below from my previous company. I've been on many business trips (some times merging both business and personal travel) so company unable to reconcile exact dates which work work related and which were annual leave. I was outside of the UK 36 days in 2014, 49 days in 2015 and 27 days in 2016 during my employment, for none of the periods longer than 10 days..

I received below from my previous company, could you please let me know if you think it would be enough? Or do I definitely need to reconcile business travel/paid annual leave dates, as this doesn't seem possible at the moment given they were all mixed up..

Any views/suggestions highly appreciated

Leave to Remain SET (O)
PO Box 495
Durham
DH99 1WR

Dear Sir/Madam
Re: xxx

We are pleased to confirm that XX was employed by XXX from XX XXXX 2014 to XX XXXX 2016.

XX was employed as an XX team in London. As part of his role, XX was required to travel outside of United Kingdom to meet with colleagues and clients. XX's annual holiday entitlement was 25 working days, all the leaves taken by the employee during their employment were approved by the company.

It is general practice of XX to provide only the factual information in response to enquiries about former employees. The provision of such information does not imply any comment, negative or positive, about the employee or the course of their employment with the Company.

Yours faithfully

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Employee Absence Letter Example and Question

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:59 am

Topics Merged!!!

It is UK Visa and Immigration and NOT UK Border Agency anymore.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:01 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:03 pm
Sample in link below.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/employer-let ... 52143.html
Also, did you not read the link and embedded attachment in the link previously provided for the template??
Char (CR001 not Casa)

38j
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by 38j » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:40 am

I did read the link but the link refers to a single trip whereas I have around 40 in total which business and personal usually were mixed, as in travelling for business but spending few days extra personal on annual leave etc, hence my previous company struggling to reconcile dates.. and hence my question about a blanket letter.

Talking to friends in similar situation I understand that they applied with a blanket letter and their application is approved. I just wanted to check your views..

38j
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by 38j » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:45 am

Sorry didnt even realise there was an attachment, it is telling me:

"You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post."

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:48 am

38j wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:45 am
Sorry didnt even realise there was an attachment, it is telling me:

"You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post."
Template below.

The Document Reception Centre SET (O)
Room 1002
The Immigration & Nationality Directorate
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY

[date]

Dear Sirs

Application of [YOUR NAME] for indefinite leave to remain in the UK under the Work Permit approved employment category

This is to confirm that [your name] has been employed in the UK by [COMPANY NAME] Ltd since [date you first entered the UK for [COMPANY NAME]].

[His] current work permit is valid until [expiry date as per the VISA STAMP ON YOUR PASSPORT] but we will continue to employ him beyond that date.

[He] was absent from the United Kingdom, in India, for the following periods;

Sr. Date Out Date In Total Days Description Reason
1 01/01/2009 30/01/2009 29 Annual Leave
2 01/06/2009 15/06/2009 14 Business Trip to France
3 01/09/2009 15/10/2009 44 Business Trip to US
4 01/11/2009 30/11/2009 29 Annual Leave

Should you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact the undersigned.

Yours faithfully

[ NAME] – Administration Manager
For & On Behalf of [COMPANY NAME]
Char (CR001 not Casa)

38j
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by 38j » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:03 am

thanks for the template, although this doesn't answer my original question, which is if a blanket letter from employer would be enough or do I really need to get all the dates signed off..

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:21 am

Immigration rules Part 6a - 245HH - Specified Documents.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... sed-system
B. A letter from the employer detailing the purpose and period of absences in connection with the employment, including periods of annual leave. Where the absence was due to a serious or compelling reason, a personal letter from the applicant which includes full details of the reason for the absences and all supporting documents in relation to those reasons - e.g. medical certificates, birth/death certificates, information about the reasons which led to the absence from the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

38j
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by 38j » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:35 am

thanks!