ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I now cancel Comprehensive Sickness Insurance?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

kiwi_fruit
Newly Registered

Can I now cancel Comprehensive Sickness Insurance?

Post by kiwi_fruit » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:04 am

My 3rd year renewal looms, and I'd rather not throw any more money away if I can avoid it (took it out before article 50 to "legalize" my stay after learning that I needed it due to not working...)
I'm about to apply for settled/pre-settled status(have booked to have the passport scanned at the registry office next week), from what I've read even if I can't prove the residency for the settled status, I'll get the pre-settled status but won't need to have the CSI with that? Thanks in advance for any advice!

(Eea)FamilyMember
Newly Registered
Bosnia & Herzegovina

Re: Can I now cancel Comprehensive Sickness Insurance?

Post by (Eea)FamilyMember » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:23 pm

That' how I Interstood the rules by reading the Govermant.UK site In case you have not been active tax payer or benefit taker for pre settled you will only need one proof of beeing in UK 6 months prior to applaying.For settlement you will have to show one proof for each month???😁😁😁that borders to science fiction if you ask me...

NikiGio
Member of Standing
Mood:
Italy

Post by NikiGio » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:53 pm

kiwi_fruit wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:04 am
I'm about to apply for settled/pre-settled status(have booked to have the passport scanned at the registry office next week), from what I've read even if I can't prove the residency for the settled status, I'll get the pre-settled status but won't need to have the CSI with that? Thanks in advance for any advice!
Correct - no need of CSI for either Settled or Pre-Settled Status. I would complete the application and get confirmation of which status you acquire before cancelling your cover.
I am not an immigration lawyer. My comments are opinions, not legal advice.

kiwi_fruit
Newly Registered

Post by kiwi_fruit » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:16 pm

Thanks for the reply guys. The way I see it CSI would only be needed if Brexit's cancelled and everything goes back to the EU rules. I imagine that's unlikely.

NikiGio
Member of Standing
Mood:
Italy

Post by NikiGio » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:52 pm

True - you never know of course.
You might want to think about postponing cancelling the CSI until April. Still go ahead and do the SS application.
I am not an immigration lawyer. My comments are opinions, not legal advice.