ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General switch from Tier 4 expiry date problem

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

fredddyfred
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Tier 2 General switch from Tier 4 expiry date problem

Post by fredddyfred » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:34 pm

Hello guys,

My visa expired on 21st Jan and I currently work for a company that has issued a certificate for me to apply for visa.

The problem is, we applied and made payments for the visa BEFORE my visa expired ( 18th Jan. ) and sent all the original documents BEFORE my visa expired.

But the company was going through getting a license process so they issued the CoS on 23rd Jan. which is today and I also went to post office today to get my fingerprints done.

A little timeline as below

18/01/2019 >>> Applied and paid for visa application WITHOUT CoS, also received biometric enrolment letter.

21/01/2019 >>> Visa expired

23/01/2019 >>> Company issued CoS and sent cover letter explaining the delay, biometric information enrolled.

We had a lawyer helping us to go through the process , he said he'll write a cover letter explaining the delay of the CoS issue, but I just want to double check if anyone had similar experiences advise me if it would be an issue if the CoS starting date is after my visa expiry date?

Thanks in advance!

mn1234
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: Tier 2 General switch from Tier 4 expiry date problem

Post by mn1234 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:59 pm

Hi,

Sorry no advice but just a question - I'm in a similar situation (my company's going through the license process but it may not come in before my tier 4 expires) -- how were you able to send the application through without a CoS? And attach a cover letter as well? The online application wouldn't let me pass through without the sponsorship information.

fredddyfred
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Post by fredddyfred » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:10 pm

mn1234 wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:59 pm
Hi,

Sorry no advice but just a question - I'm in a similar situation (my company's going through the license process but it may not come in before my tier 4 expires) -- how were you able to send the application through without a CoS? And attach a cover letter as well? The online application wouldn't let me pass through without the sponsorship information.
The company had a lawyer dealing with the visa application so Im not quite sure how they managed to do so...

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:27 pm

>> I just want to double check if anyone had similar experiences advise me if it would be an issue if the CoS starting date is after my visa expiry date?

There shoudn't be problem regarding starting date on COS, but not sure what could be impact of sending orginal application without COS.

>> The online application wouldn't let me pass through without the sponsorship information.

According to my experience, if you enter Sponsor license details, it let you submit application even without COS. But Sponsor Name and sponsor license number is mandatory.

mn1234
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by mn1234 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:44 am

Yeah, someone else made the suggestion to me to submit my Tier 2 app without sponsor info and attach a cover letter explaining the situation but I couldn't figure out how to do that. the online application wouldn't let me go forward without entering the sponsorship number.

fredddyfred
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Post by fredddyfred » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:24 am

masoodahmed wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:27 pm
>> I just want to double check if anyone had similar experiences advise me if it would be an issue if the CoS starting date is after my visa expiry date?

There shoudn't be problem regarding starting date on COS, but not sure what could be impact of sending orginal application without COS.

>> The online application wouldn't let me pass through without the sponsorship information.

According to my experience, if you enter Sponsor license details, it let you submit application even without COS. But Sponsor Name and sponsor license number is mandatory.
Ahhhh thanks a lot, yes I think this is good enough for me to look forward to.
yeah the company got the license 4 days before my visa expired so I think they did input the license number

fredddyfred
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Post by fredddyfred » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:26 am

mn1234 wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:44 am
Yeah, someone else made the suggestion to me to submit my Tier 2 app without sponsor info and attach a cover letter explaining the situation but I couldn't figure out how to do that. the online application wouldn't let me go forward without entering the sponsorship number.
Sorry to hear that, well like masoodahmed said that CoS isn't necessary but the company name and license number are required whatsoever.Hope this will be good enough for you to start with

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:11 pm

fredddyfred wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:26 am
mn1234 wrote:
Sorry to hear that, well like masoodahmed said that CoS isn't necessary but the company name and license number are required whatsoever.Hope this will be good enough for you to start with
Just to avoid any confusion, I was meant that application can be submitted without COS as the system allows application submission even without entering COS.

But note that COS is required in order for application to be approved. In this case the COS details are sent after application submission (as covering letter with explanation). So there are hopes that UKVI might consider application and approve it. But at the same time there is risk as well.

fredddyfred
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Post by fredddyfred » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:50 pm

masoodahmed wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:11 pm
fredddyfred wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:26 am
mn1234 wrote:
Just to avoid any confusion, I was meant that application can be submitted without COS as the system allows application submission even without entering COS.

But note that COS is required in order for application to be approved. In this case the COS details are sent after application submission (as covering letter with explanation). So there are hopes that UKVI might consider application and approve it. But at the same time there is risk as well.

Hi masoodahmed,

Yes of course, I am totally aware of the risks, thank you for your explanation.