ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extended family member

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nehaniran12
Newly Registered
Mood:

Extended family member

Post by nehaniran12 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:18 am

HI,

I have few questions regarding non-EEA family member visa.

I became a British citizen in October last year and now holding dual nationalities(Germany and British). My mother received non-EEA family member(Extended) visa for 5 years which is expiring in June 2019. Can I still apply for permanent residence, under EU law, once her residence permit expires or do I have to take ILR route because I acquired British citizenship? How does this work?

Please advise

Thank you

nehaniran12
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: Extended family member

Post by nehaniran12 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:57 pm

someone, please reply...

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:04 pm

Maybe basic question, but worth clarifying:

When you say "can I apply", do you actually mean "can my mother apply"? I ask as you are a British citizen already, so it makes no sense that you need to apply to anything at all.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

nehaniran12
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by nehaniran12 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:22 pm

Yes, I meant “wheather she can apply”. I normally send her applications so that’s why I put as “if I can apply for her”. Thanks

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:39 pm

You/She can still apply for Prmanent Residence: https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-a-uk-resid ... dence-card

Although as the page above says, the card will not be valid after 31 December 2020.

You might find it helpful to read this post regarding applying to both Settled status and ILR: eea-route-applications/applying-for-bot ... 72822.html
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.