ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation approved but waiting for the letter

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

longgapilr

Naturalisation approved but waiting for the letter

Post by longgapilr » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:32 am

This is about a naturalisation application for my wife and child.

We emailed the Home Office on 14 Jan and they replied the same day stating that a communication would be posted to us which may take 3 weeks to receive. When I received a similar response with my application, I received the approval letter within a week. However, we still haven't received the approval letter from the Home Office.

We called the local council yesterday and they confirmed that they've already received the naturalisation certificates both for my wife and my child (I don't know on which date they've received the certificates; didn't think to ask this).

Should we contact the Home Office to tell them that we still haven't received the approval letter although the council already have our naturalisation certificates? I've checked on the Royal Mail website and it says that a second class mail takes 3 days to arrive within the UK so I really don't understand why it is taking so long for the approval letter to arrive.

Alex-makedon
Newly Registered
Azerbaijan

Re: Naturalisation approved but waiting for the letter

Post by Alex-makedon » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:53 am

What date did you apply for naturalisation and how you comunicate with HO?

longgapilr

Post by longgapilr » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:32 am

Applied in mid-November. As I wrote in the original post, I emailed the Home Office.

Konsog

Post by Konsog » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:35 am

longgapilr wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:32 am

We emailed the Home Office on 14 Jan and they replied the same day stating that a communication would be posted to us which may take 3 weeks to receive. When I received a similar response with my application, I received the approval letter within a week. However, we still haven't received the approval letter from the Home Office.

We called the local council yesterday and they confirmed that they've already received the naturalisation certificates both for my wife and my child (I don't know on which date they've received the certificates; didn't think to ask this).

Should we contact the Home Office to tell them that we still haven't received the approval letter although the council already have our naturalisation certificates? I've checked on the Royal Mail website and it says that a second class mail takes 3 days to arrive within the UK so I really don't understand why it is taking so long for the approval letter to arrive.
I don't see what the problem is here? You know you've been approved, just relax and wait for the three weeks mark before contacting them again.

longgapilr

Post by longgapilr » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:21 am

first of all, just want to finalise the process asap.

also, there is a urgency due to upcoming travel where we need the British passports.

zid01

Post by zid01 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:51 am

longgapilr wrote:

Hello congratulations for approval could you please tell me after after how many days did u contact council after receiving email from home office

I received same email from home office but I contacted council today they said they didn’t receive anything anything.
Thanks

Alien2017

Post by Alien2017 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:58 am

Hi, what email address did you use to contact them please?
Thank you

Konsog

Post by Konsog » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:02 pm

longgapilr wrote:

We emailed the Home Office on 14 Jan and they replied the same day stating that a communication would be posted to us which may take 3 weeks to receive. When I received a similar response with my application, I received the approval letter within a week.
I'm curious though, what is the exact wording of this email that you received?

longgapilr

Post by longgapilr » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:32 pm

I emailed the Home Office on 14 Jan and received a response from them on the same day. I called the council yesterday.

Alien2017

Post by Alien2017 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:40 pm

Could you please share the email address you have used to email Home Office? Thank you!

romado
Kyrgyzstan

Post by romado » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:13 pm

Just popped in to my Council today hoping to make same trick as you did. I was politely sent to HomeOffice to find out status. They said, they don't disclose info if certificate with them or not.
Wondering what charm you used to persuade your Council.

zid01

Post by zid01 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:35 pm

longgapilr wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:32 pm
I emailed the Home Office on 14 Jan and received a response from them on the same day. I called the council yesterday.
Thank you so much

longgapilr

Post by longgapilr » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:48 pm

romado wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:13 pm
Just popped in to my Council today hoping to make same trick as you did. I was politely sent to HomeOffice to find out status. They said, they don't disclose info if certificate with them or not.
Wondering what charm you used to persuade your Council.
just called them really and explained the situation.

longgapilr

Post by longgapilr » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:40 pm

finally received the approval letter today at 3pm. thanks everyone!

zid01

Post by zid01 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:03 am

longgapilr wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:40 pm
finally received the approval letter today at 3pm. thanks everyone!
Congratulations you received email on 14th and post on 24th so could you please tell if you don’t mind than what is date of approval on letter

zid01

Post by zid01 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:56 pm

Just a update received a email from home office on 21st that communication is posted to me and I will get it in 3 weeks so far I didn’t get any letter from home office.
I phoned council today they said they have received.