ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Penalty point

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Betty72
Newly Registered
Poland

Penalty point

Post by Betty72 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:15 am

Hi,
I have six points on my driving license. I heard that I am not eligible for british passport and my application will be refused.
I had from 2016 3 point for speed
And 3 points for speed 2019

How true is it?

my driving license points effect that application)?

Any help/ suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks.

jgreen6123
BANNED
Christmas Island

Re: Penalty point

Post by jgreen6123 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:54 am

If you are a BC I don’t see why your passport application would get rejected due to points on your licence.

Betty72
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by Betty72 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:59 am

Sorry my mistake I think about naturalisation and passport

oCarmen
Newly Registered

Post by oCarmen » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:34 pm

I had 6 points for speeding (Summon - went to the court) and had to wait 3 years to clear as I was at high risk of failing Good Character part of the application.

If you have more than 1 parking ticket, fine or any endorsement within 12 months you are at risk or rejection. That I was told by NCR check person.

Ticket from 2016 and another for 2019 should be ok as long there were fix fines and not went via court. And you do not have any others, and better not to have any more while application is ongoing. I was using public transport whenever I could ;)