ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long will HO keep passport?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

magicvoice
Newly Registered
United States of America

How long will HO keep passport?

Post by magicvoice » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:00 pm

Hi all,
Now that the NDRS is gone, has anyone had any experience with how long the HO keeps the supporting documents? Of most concern: How long do they keep the passport?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: How long will HO keep passport?

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:02 pm

You can apply through the new service UKVCAS and keep hold of original documents.

It you post it yourself, HO keeps everything till a decision is made.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dilse4srk
Member of Standing

Post by dilse4srk » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:06 pm

HI Cr001

AS i had experience of using UKVCAS during ILR, my question here is does home office charges extra for using sopra steria? i mean if they are not charging extra for british citizenship is it not better people use this new service and avoid giving away their passports and other docs for few months. PLease let me know if you have info on this as i am planning to apply after 2 weeks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:35 pm

dilse4srk wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:06 pm
HI Cr001

AS i had experience of using UKVCAS during ILR, my question here is does home office charges extra for using sopra steria? i mean if they are not charging extra for british citizenship is it not better people use this new service and avoid giving away their passports and other docs for few months. PLease let me know if you have info on this as i am planning to apply after 2 weeks
Can you please desist from tagging onto other members topics. By now, after 306 posts, you should be well aware of this forum rule.

You have your own topic, post there!!!

british-citizenship/documents-required- ... l#p1732663

See also point 12 of the forum FAQs (click to read)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dilse4srk
Member of Standing

Post by dilse4srk » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:49 pm

My question was relevant to the the questions asked by the requester. And sometime the requester might not get the wording of what he/she wants to ask, others question might help