ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVCAS Super Priority Service

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

yasheerkhan
Newly Registered

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by yasheerkhan » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:03 pm

Has anyone apply for Premium service refund ? any idea how to apply for refund.

Thanks

Timothy Tao
Mood:
China

Post by Timothy Tao » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:09 pm

Hi Folks,

I finally received the decision email yesterday. Time scale: 27 Nov online application, SET(O), 28 Nov biometric enrolment. I am really NOT delighted at this moment thinking about how much effort I had to put, how unhappy I was while waiting and following this case, and how many people are still suffering from the awful government department UKVI. I will definitely follow up with continuous complaints on this.

I am a researcher at university. As I have been following this thread since beginning, read all 92 pages of the posts, contributed 20+myself, and actually tried a lot of things myself. I consider myself have some real experience with this now and would like to share with you.

(1) Telephone escalation to UKVI service centre (03001232241, option 4 and then option 1) would not work at all. This conclusion is true no matter you are talking to a nice person (most probably a new staff) or you are talking to a bad person (most probably an experience elder staff). The truth is that your escalation will not reach/affect the casework team at UKVI. You will only get an automatically generated email response after checking Yes (decision has been made) or No (your application is still under consideration, which is the case to most of us here). Saying "it is within 6 months service standard" or saying "we're unable to decide within 24 hours decision..." doesn't make any difference, this is just a "click and send" operation by an operator at the UKVI service centre (not the caseworker) after received the requested update from UKVI casework team (it is still under consideration). The operator doesn't have any information to the issue of your application, the only information the operator has is whether your application is done or not done. Then the operator selects a type of generic email replies, and click "send".

(2) In theory, you cannot escalate for the second time within 5 working days and once you got an update (the so-called generic email), you are not eligible to raise an escalation again within 30 working days. However, if a new staff (i.e. unexperienced staff, as most of them are) picked up your phone, that person may raise an escalation for you regardless of the rules. This information is from several senior staffs at the call centre. Once again, these do not really matter because (1).

(3) The reason for a lengthy delay (1+month) is not strictly relevant to the nature of your case. I saw various reasons or no reason for cases to be allocated to an administrative check. However, the length of the check is probably relevant to the complexity of your case.

(4) My guess of the ultimate length of the administrative check is 8 weeks, I have not seen anyone not receiving a "visa granted" decision after 8 weeks. This doesn't include those who have serious issues which may result in a refusal.

(5) There are three ways at the moment could potentially push your case forward if you are in a hurry to get the visa.
(5.1)Complaint to complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk or complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk and wait for 20 working days.
(5.2) Write to xxxxxxx and they will forward your complaints to the UKVI casework team.
(5.3) Write to your local MP, they can help to chase your case via their direct connection to the UKVI MPs team.
(5.1) is not definately proven to be useful in my case, because I have not received a reply of the complaint until now. I guess (5.2) is similar, although they forwarded my email to the UKVI casework team, I have not received any reply as well. (5.3) contributed the most in my case, since my local MP is really really helpful, called every 3 days, wrote two formal letters to UKVI. However, this is only my guess. The UKVI MPs team has more information and access to our case but again cannot influence the casework team directly. The written letter from your MP would do, but that takes a long time as well (probably slightly faster than 20 working days, my MP still has not received any written response from UKVI to his 2 letters yet). Therefore, my guess is (3)and (4) may still hold, no matter what you do.

I will continue to complaint to UKVI together with my local MP even I have received a decision now.

momozz
China

Post by momozz » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:35 pm

Congratulations Timothy! At least your wait is over and you can go on your trip in February now! I hope you get the refund soon.

Have they told you why the long checks? Hopefully my is on its way as well, and we can know if you theory no.4 is true :)

Timothy Tao wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:09 pm
Hi Folks,

I finally received the decision email yesterday. Time scale: 27 Nov online application, SET(O), 28 Nov biometric enrolment. I am really NOT delighted at this moment thinking about how much effort I had to put, how unhappy I was while waiting and following this case, and how many people are still suffering from the awful government department UKVI. I will definitely follow up with continuous complaints on this.

I am a researcher at university. As I have been following this thread since beginning, read all 92 pages of the posts, contributed 20+myself, and actually tried a lot of things myself. I consider myself have some real experience with this now and would like to share with you.

(1) Telephone escalation to UKVI service centre (03001232241, option 4 and then option 1) would not work at all. This conclusion is true no matter you are talking to a nice person (most probably a new staff) or you are talking to a bad person (most probably an experience elder staff). The truth is that your escalation will not reach/affect the casework team at UKVI. You will only get an automatically generated email response after checking Yes (decision has been made) or No (your application is still under consideration, which is the case to most of us here). Saying "it is within 6 months service standard" or saying "we're unable to decide within 24 hours decision..." doesn't make any difference, this is just a "click and send" operation by an operator at the UKVI service centre (not the caseworker) after received the requested update from UKVI casework team (it is still under consideration). The operator doesn't have any information to the issue of your application, the only information the operator has is whether your application is done or not done. Then the operator selects a type of generic email replies, and click "send".

(2) In theory, you cannot escalate for the second time within 5 working days and once you got an update (the so-called generic email), you are not eligible to raise an escalation again within 30 working days. However, if a new staff (i.e. unexperienced staff, as most of them are) picked up your phone, that person may raise an escalation for you regardless of the rules. This information is from several senior staffs at the call centre. Once again, these do not really matter because (1).

(3) The reason for a lengthy delay (1+month) is not strictly relevant to the nature of your case. I saw various reasons or no reason for cases to be allocated to an administrative check. However, the length of the check is probably relevant to the complexity of your case.

(4) My guess of the ultimate length of the administrative check is 8 weeks, I have not seen anyone not receiving a "visa granted" decision after 8 weeks. This doesn't include those who have serious issues which may result in a refusal.

(5) There are three ways at the moment could potentially push your case forward if you are in a hurry to get the visa.
(5.1)Complaint to complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk or complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk and wait for 20 working days.
(5.2) Write to SRSUKVACS@homeoffice.gov.uk and they will forward your complaints to the UKVI casework team.
(5.3) Write to your local MP, they can help to chase your case via their direct connection to the UKVI MPs team.
(5.1) is not definately proven to be useful in my case, because I have not received a reply of the complaint until now. I guess (5.2) is similar, although they forwarded my email to the UKVI casework team, I have not received any reply as well. (5.3) contributed the most in my case, since my local MP is really really helpful, called every 3 days, wrote two formal letters to UKVI. However, this is only my guess. The UKVI MPs team has more information and access to our case but again cannot influence the casework team directly. The written letter from your MP would do, but that takes a long time as well (probably slightly faster than 20 working days, my MP still has not received any written response from UKVI to his 2 letters yet). Therefore, my guess is (3)and (4) may still hold, no matter what you do.

I will continue to complaint to UKVI together with my local MP even I have received a decision now.

vpunjabi7
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by vpunjabi7 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:39 pm

Hi All,

I have been following this thread since a while as I was about to apply for ILR. Just wanted to share my timeline with you all:

Type: Super Priority

Category Applied : ILR Set(O) Tier 2 Migrant - 2 Employers

Date Applied online : 02-01-2019.

Biometrics Enrolled : 21-01-2019.

Total Bio-metrics appointment Duration : 30 mins

Biometrics Enrolled at : Sopra Steria Croydon

Got an email from a caseworker on 22 Jan asking me to submit my employer letter again as I had forgotten to include my job title (doh! I only focused on the other key points that were required!). Sent him an updated letter and got a reply in 2 hours stating I had been granted ILR.

Decision Email Received : received from a caseworker as above (no official generic email from UKVI)

Waiting for my decision letter.

BRP received: 24-01-2019 at 8:15am.

I encourage all of you waiting to not lose hope and stay put. If my BRP can arrive within 3 days I'm sure others will follow soon too. Somebody on this thread did mention delayed BRP could be a location specific issue - I'm inclined to agree with that.

All the best folks!

Thanks,
Varun

preet8899

Post by preet8899 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:48 pm

Timothy Tao wrote:
Hi Folks,

(5.2) Write to SRSUKVACS@homeoffice.gov.uk and they will forward your complaints to the UKVI casework team.

Congratulations and thanks for the update.

bhai86
Pakistan

Post by bhai86 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:04 pm

Timothy Tao wrote:
Many congrats!

I completely agree with you. I feel extremely lucky to have received my decision within 24 hours but most of us do tend to forget the pain once we receive the decision and move on. Someone needs to gather all cases which are taking weeks and weeks even after charging for 24hours service and go public about it (news paper etc).

vibe123
India

Post by vibe123 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:12 pm

wohoo @Timothy. Well done on your patience mate and congrats

yasheerkhan
Newly Registered

Post by yasheerkhan » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:37 pm

preet8899 wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:48 pm
Timothy Tao wrote:
Hi Folks,

Congratulations and thanks for the update.

Congratulations .. Do you know how to apply for refund?

szt
Newly Registered
Greece

Post by szt » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:30 pm

HI,

I have applied for Tier1 E Extension ( postal application) last month and the decision is still pending. Now I am eligible to apply ILR via LR ( 10 years route) and booked appointment ( super priority service ) for the next Monday at Croydon center.

As my original passports and all doc still with UKVA. is there anything I need to consider while at the appointment?

I did mention in the application as being unable to produce original passports at the time of appointment. But I do have I do have scanned copies of passports so I can upload in sopra steria.

In the online application, I mentioned designation as a self-employed ( Director), do I need to provide company documents?

At the end of the application, in documents list, it says dependent's documents ( like passports, Marriage certificate, Job) needs to provide. But as of now, she is not varying her application.
do I need to upload her documents as well or just leave it?

what documents do I need to upload for ILR LR?

passports blank pages as well?

I will write a cover letter about varying application.

If anyone comes across like this scenario, please be kind enough to advise me on this.

Thank you

madihaali_304
Pakistan

Post by madihaali_304 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:51 pm

Many many congratulations Timothy! Very pleased for you!

Timothy Tao
Mood:
China

Post by Timothy Tao » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:17 pm

initial information from UKVI MPs team
#1 confirmed my visa is indeed in super priority service but requires further checking
5 days later:
#2 confirmed my visa is awaiting for checking results
Then MP's caseworker forwarded my message to UKVI MPs team "whatever checks they are doing, that should be completed by now as it is 33 working days"
#3 confirmed my visa is still pending, but no further check is required.
2 days later, I received the email of visa granted.

momozz wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:35 pm
Congratulations Timothy! At least your wait is over and you can go on your trip in February now! I hope you get the refund soon.

Have they told you why the long checks? Hopefully my is on its way as well, and we can know if you theory no.4 is true :)

Timothy Tao wrote:
Hi Folks,

(5.2) Write to xxxxxxxxxx and they will forward your complaints to the UKVI casework team.

Timothy Tao
Mood:
China

Post by Timothy Tao » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:19 pm

Cheers mate

Refund should be straightforward, just follow up with your complaint email.

Ritchie12
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Ritchie12 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:47 pm

Timothy Tao wrote:
Hi Folks,

I finally received the decision email yesterday. Time scale: 27 Nov online application, SET(O), 28 Nov biometric enrolment. I am really NOT delighted at this moment thinking about how much effort ....

... will continue to complaint to UKVI together with my local MP even I have received a decision now.
Hey Timothy, I'm very pleased for you. You can see the light at the end of the wait now. You are very patient too.. That's a virtue. Congrats matey

Ritchie12
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Ritchie12 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:01 pm

Hello guys, as many of you will know me and my family are on the ILR(LR) route.

I wanted to ask, did any of you uploads copies of previous (old) BRPs and Visas? We are due for appointment tomorrow and would appreciate any advice on this. Thanks

processman
Newly Registered
Wales

Post by processman » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:36 pm

processman wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:58 pm
Dear Members

Here is my updates for 24-01-2019 bio-metrics

Category Applied : ILR Set(O) Tier 2 Migrant - 2 Employers

Date Applied online : 16-01-2019.

Biometrics Enrolled : 24-01-2019.

Total Bio-metrics appointment Duration : 19 mins

Biometrics Enrolled at : Sopra Steria Croydon

Decision Email Received : 24/01/2019 (SAMEDAY)

Waiting for my BRP.

Document list submitted

Current and previous employment offer letter ( PDF)
Employers letter with soc code (HR signed and attested scan copy)
Employers consolidated holiday letter for last 3 years ( current tier 2 switch)
6 months payslips (HR signed and attested scan copy)
Bank Statement for salary account ( 8 months PDF )
UK Graduation Certificate (scan copy)
Life in UK ( scan copy)
4x p60 ( 3 x current employers p60 are with attested sign & stamp)
1x p45
Travel history with all holidays entry and exit stamp
letter of consent for verification
passport copy
Council tax letter for Residence proof

GODS' Grace its been approved and received confirmation on same day for the GRANT LEAVE TO REMAIN

Thanks

processman
Newly Registered
Wales

Post by processman » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:38 pm

MukulMadan wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:19 pm
Hi Friends,

Anyone received a response lately? I have submitted super priority application on 22 Jan. Just want to get an idea how long would be the wait.

Mine was approved on the same day of biometrics [24/01/2019]

Ritchie12
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Ritchie12 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:57 pm

Ritchie12 wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:01 pm

I wanted to ask, did any of you uploads copies of previous (old) BRPs and Visas? We are due for appointment tomorrow and would appreciate any advice on this. Thanks
Any help on this please?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:04 pm

Ritchie12 wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:57 pm
Ritchie12 wrote:

Any help on this please?
Not required!! HO have your full immigration and visa history.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

globalindian
Member of Standing

Post by globalindian » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:35 pm

Dear members,

Firstly I would like to thank all of you for your timely support. This forum is really fantastic. Yesterday the ILR for my spouse and child has been approved. Here are my timeline .
Online application submission : 17th Jan 2019
Super priority service
Date of biometric : 23rd jan @11 am
Date of decision: same day @4 :15 pm
Thank you and good luck to others.

The sopra steria experience was really good. And home office seems to maintain the sla in this occasion.

szt
Newly Registered
Greece

Post by szt » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:36 pm

any comments on this please, CR001 or any other members

thanks

szt wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:30 pm
HI,

I have applied for Tier1 E Extension ( postal application) last month and the decision is still pending. Now I am eligible to apply ILR via LR ( 10 years route) and booked appointment ( super priority service ) for the next Monday at Croydon center.

As my original passports and all doc still with UKVA. is there anything I need to consider while at the appointment?

I did mention in the application as being unable to produce original passports at the time of appointment. But I do have I do have scanned copies of passports so I can upload in sopra steria.

In the online application, I mentioned designation as a self-employed ( Director), do I need to provide company documents?

At the end of the application, in documents list, it says dependent's documents ( like passports, Marriage certificate, Job) needs to provide. But as of now, she is not varying her application.
do I need to upload her documents as well or just leave it?

what documents do I need to upload for ILR LR?

passports blank pages as well?

I will write a cover letter about varying application.

If anyone comes across like this scenario, please be kind enough to advise me on this.

Thank you

mumbai2003
Newly Registered

Post by mumbai2003 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:55 pm

Hi All,

I'd like to say a big thank you to all those who have been following my posts and have assisted me in any way possible with my posts

Have finally received my BRP 3 days behind schedule, to be precise 13 working days to receive BRP, which was delivered today afternoon

To all those who are still awaiting their BRP after having received approval email/letter and it has been 10 working days already or approaching close to 10working days then my approach would be to email BRP Delivery Team who are very efficient in responding and answering the queries, along with it I'd also email back to the email address from which you received approval email as this email will be responded to by the case worker and they may be able to expedite the case or so was in my situation

Best of luck to all those awaiting BRP

Timothy Tao
Mood:
China

Post by Timothy Tao » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:16 pm

Copy of current BRP is needed. Old one is not needed.

As for the visa pages on your passport, UKVI doesn't need them, but the appointment centre thinks they need them. So if you didn't upload, they will scan those for you anyway tomorrow.
Ritchie12 wrote:

zaf1
Pakistan

Post by zaf1 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:29 pm

Dear Timothy Tao Many congratulations for your visa. I am also a researcher in university and waiting since 11 dec 2018, despite paying for super priority.
I send complain email on 14th jan but no response yet. I am not sure whether they will consider delay or progress of an application as a complaint.
Regarding seeking help from MP I am not sure every MP can be helpful. My University HR advises waiting plus if I approach MP they can say the application is complex or verification checks then MP may not chase them so I m hoping for 20 working days since complain launched. I do not understand what sort of checks they can conduct as they did not approach my Uni HR for any further information.

Ritchie12
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Ritchie12 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:47 pm

Timothy Tao wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:16 pm
Copy of current BRP is needed. Old one is not needed.

As for the visa pages on your passport, UKVI doesn't need them, but the appointment centre thinks they need them. So if you didn't upload, they will scan those for you anyway tomorrow.
Ritchie12 wrote:

Thanks Timothy

Ritchie12
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Ritchie12 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:48 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:04 pm
Ritchie12 wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:57 pm
Ritchie12 wrote:

Any help on this please?
Not required!! HO have your full immigration and visa history.
Thanks CR001