ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Urgent help please!!!!

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

PhysioInd
Newly Registered
India

Switching to Tier 2

Post by PhysioInd » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:06 pm

Hello guys,
I currently am on a Tier 4 visa looking to switch to a Tier 2 and have secured a Post-Graduate Certificate. Would I be eligible for a switch from Tier 4 to Tier 2? I also have a sponsor and a CoS.

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Re: Switching to Tier 2

Post by UKLL » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:37 pm

Postgraduate Certificate in which subject

PhysioInd
Newly Registered
India

Post by PhysioInd » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:14 pm

In Sports and Rehabilitation Studies.

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Post by UKLL » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:47 pm

PhysioInd wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:14 pm
Unfortunately the answer is no

PhysioInd
Newly Registered
India

Post by PhysioInd » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:29 pm

UKLL wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:47 pm
PhysioInd wrote:
Oh Ok. Can I go back to my home country and apply for another MSc course. I mean given the fact that I already was on a tier 4 for the same level of course but couldn't complete it.
Thank you for your reply mate :)

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Post by UKLL » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:10 pm

PhysioInd wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:29 pm
UKLL wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:47 pm
PhysioInd wrote:
Oh Ok. Can I go back to my home country and apply for another MSc course. I mean given the fact that I already was on a tier 4 for the same level of course but couldn't complete it.
Thank you for your reply mate :)
You will need to refer to Tier 4 guideline. Your MSc will need to be related to your PG Cert I think

PhysioInd
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 Urgent help please!!!!

Post by PhysioInd » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:47 am

Hello to all the Gurus,
I am asking this question on behalf of my unmarried partner.

She currently is on a Tier 4 visa due to expire on 28th Feb. She has an employer and ready to sponsor her, but as the Home Office is taking time to assign the CoS, she is planning for an FLR(HRO) and then varying it to Tier 2. My question is, she hasn't completed her dissertation yet and planning to submit it by Mid-March (She has a deferral until May 2019 to submit her dissertation). However when she contacted her University if they can provide her a completion letter after submission of dissertation, they replied as follows -

''The only letter we can provide will be a status letter with additional information. This letter provides your name, date of birth, programme of study, start date, confirmation that you have a deferred assessment due in May 2019 and an expected end date of May 2019. We are unable to provide anything regarding exams you may have sat or individual assessments you may have completed.

We can provide a credit statement with this letter which will show the marks obtained for your modules but cannot comment in a letter regarding completion of individual modules.

We are also unable to provide information regarding your award as you have not yet been awarded. We anticipate your award result will be published in June 2019''.

So I would like to ask would this letter suffice the Home Office's requirement to switch from Tier 4 to Tier 2?

Awaiting an urgent reply,

Thank you guys.

Justlorde
India

Re: Tier 2 Urgent help please!!!!

Post by Justlorde » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:14 pm

PhysioInd wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:47 am
Hello to all the Gurus,
I am asking this question on behalf of my unmarried partner.

She currently is on a Tier 4 visa due to expire on 28th Feb. She has an employer and ready to sponsor her, but as the Home Office is taking time to assign the CoS, she is planning for an FLR(HRO) and then varying it to Tier 2. My question is, she hasn't completed her dissertation yet and planning to submit it by Mid-March (She has a deferral until May 2019 to submit her dissertation). However when she contacted her University if they can provide her a completion letter after submission of dissertation, they replied as follows -

''The only letter we can provide will be a status letter with additional information. This letter provides your name, date of birth, programme of study, start date, confirmation that you have a deferred assessment due in May 2019 and an expected end date of May 2019. We are unable to provide anything regarding exams you may have sat or individual assessments you may have completed.

We can provide a credit statement with this letter which will show the marks obtained for your modules but cannot comment in a letter regarding completion of individual modules.

We are also unable to provide information regarding your award as you have not yet been awarded. We anticipate your award result will be published in June 2019''.

So I would like to ask would this letter suffice the Home Office's requirement to switch from Tier 4 to Tier 2?

Awaiting an urgent reply,

Thank you guys.
As far as I can recall, I had to get a letter from Uni, saying I have completed the requirement and qualify for graduation (I didn't have degree or final transcript at that point)

Good luck with changing visa :)