ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

change of referee after online application sent

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

angel valdes
Newly Registered

change of referee after online application sent

Post by angel valdes » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:47 am

is it possible to change referee after sending in an application online?the professional referee I found first agreed and gave me all his details and now hes hesitating to sign.What do I do?

johnhkg
Hong Kong

Re: change of referee after online application sent

Post by johnhkg » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:21 am

angel valdes wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:47 am
is it possible to change referee after sending in an application online?the professional referee I found first agreed and gave me all his details and now hes hesitating to sign.What do I do?
Firstly, for others reading this I think it would be better to get the referees to sign before you submit the application.

Assuming your referee refuses to sign, I suggest you get an alternative referee and add this to the scanned documents that you provide to UKVCAS, plus scan a letter to explain why you need to change referees and provide all the biodata of the new referee as per the online format.

suzuki1985
Turkey

Post by suzuki1985 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:30 pm

angel valdes wrote:
Hi mate,

My problem is identical. How did you manage the situation?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:52 pm

I don't want to make this thread any longer than necessary but I guess it would be of interest to know why referees are ducking out. They do volunteer and all applicants will be grateful for their assistance - these are probably rare cases.

My experiences about two years ago was that my chosen referees sat down with me, I explained in detail what I was applying for and what is required of them. I find it astonishing you are facing these problems.
Last edited by alterhase58 on Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Nerazzuri

Post by Nerazzuri » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:18 pm

The referee form is scary to sign as a referee. The bit where it says you could be fined up to £5000 or go to prison for up to 3 months if you knowingly give false information.

angel valdes
Newly Registered

Post by angel valdes » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:52 am

suzuki1985 wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:30 pm
angel valdes wrote:
Hi mate,

My problem is identical. How did you manage the situation?
Hi apologies for a late reply,I got mine to sign in the end.I think its because of the new online system that requires someones personal details before actually seeing the forms.which makes people hesitant i guesse.Hope you got yours sorted?

Simplebuthonest
Mood:

Post by Simplebuthonest » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:51 am

Hi apologies for a late reply,I got mine to sign in the end.I think its because of the new online system that requires someones personal details before actually seeing the forms.which makes people hesitant i guesse.Hope you got yours sorted?
So we will have an option to print the referee declaration pages after you have submitted the form?