ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 5 visa expiry

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Alanaj1490
Newly Registered
Australia

Tier 5 visa expiry

Post by Alanaj1490 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:01 pm

Hey Everyone!
So my tier 5 YMS visa expires on March 2nd and I a leaving the country on March 1st to work in Europe.
I have a few questions though and if you could help out that would be great!
1. I will be working right up until my visa expiry. If I send my invoices in to my employers, am I still able to get paid into my UK account? Even if it’s after my visa expiring? As technically I did the work when I was legally still allowed? Or do I need to have closed my bank account before my visa expires and find another way?
2. Is there a certain bank that is good for international pay if I am getting paid in Europe aswell? (As a professional )
3. I am planning on coming back to visit my boyfriend in May - approx 2 months after my visa expires , for about 3 weeks but will have a flight booked out of the UK as I am working in Berlin in June. Do you think this will be ok at the border? I will also be in the process for applying for another visa (exceptional talent) and will have evidence of this at the time.

Thanks for the help everyone!!!!!

The Station Agent

Re: Tier 5 visa expiry

Post by The Station Agent » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:35 am

You can be paid after your visa expires for work you did before it expired. No problem there.

Bank - don't know.

Coming back - it's going to look suspicious. The border officer may take some convincing that you're going to leave. Bring proof. They'll ideally want you to wait for the outcome of the exceptional talent visa. So make sure you can prove you're only here for 3 weeks and will not work, plus have ties outside the UK and have sufficient funds to support your trip.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Re: Tier 5 visa expiry

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:53 am

Where do you intend to make your application for exceptional talent from - in the UK or outside the UK