ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVCAS Super Priority Service

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Timothy Tao
Mood:
China

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by Timothy Tao » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:49 pm

That check is mostly personal background check. I've not heard anyone's employer being approached by UKVI for visa checks. Write to MP may give you some detailed information regarding the progress that you cannot get yourself. But if you are not hurry, you will get it anyway (I believe) at the most of 2 months. MP legally has to reply to you. If you get a contact of your MP's caseworkers, they can be very helpful too.

Generally, university HRs lack knowledge of visas, they just follow the rules of checking visa, or submit document to external company to apply for CoS, especially, ILR is not at employer's business.

I've spoken to our senior HRs, departmental manager, and HR administrator multiple times recently and in the past. All they can do is to submit an "employer check" request to ask (UKVI) for status of your visa, or consult with external VISA consultant. For me, no helpful information was received via this route.
zaf1 wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:29 pm
Dear Timothy Tao Many congratulations for your visa. I am also a researcher in university and waiting since 11 dec 2018, despite paying for super priority.
I send complain email on 14th jan but no response yet. I am not sure whether they will consider delay or progress of an application as a complaint.
Regarding seeking help from MP I am not sure every MP can be helpful. My University HR advises waiting plus if I approach MP they can say the application is complex or verification checks then MP may not chase them so I m hoping for 20 working days since complain launched. I do not understand what sort of checks they can conduct as they did not approach my Uni HR for any further information.

rofriend
Newly Registered

Post by rofriend » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:57 pm

mumbai2003 wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:55 pm
Hi All,

I'd like to say a big thank you to all those who have been following my posts and have assisted me in any way possible with my posts

Have finally received my BRP 3 days behind schedule, to be precise 13 working days to receive BRP, which was delivered today afternoon

To all those who are still awaiting their BRP after having received approval email/letter and it has been 10 working days already or approaching close to 10working days then my approach would be to email BRP Delivery Team who are very efficient in responding and answering the queries, along with it I'd also email back to the email address from which you received approval email as this email will be responded to by the case worker and they may be able to expedite the case or so was in my situation

Best of luck to all those awaiting BRP
Glad to see you’ve received your BRP. Mine has arrived today as well.

I think what did the trick for mine was reporting it to my MP which then got the case escalated to someone from HO, who then got in touch with IT team to get it resolved. I wonder if our issue was related..

Anyhow best of luck to all those who are still awaiting for a decision and/or BRP!

srika
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by srika » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:09 am

could anyone please give some information on latest appointment booking times after submitting the online application in London recently. is it possible to get an appointment with next 2 days even with extra cost?

stalin
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by stalin » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:49 am

Hi Everyone

I am following this thread from last few weeks and got many useful information. thank you all, for that

Here is my experience

Category Applied : ILR Set(O) Tier 2 Migrant- I Employer

Date Applied online : 27-12-2018.
Biometrics Enrolled at : Sopra Steria Glasgow 24-01-2019 at 10:00 AM
Decision Email Received : 24/01/2019 (same day at 14:58 PM)

Waiting for my BRP and decision letter.

Thank you

sunny007

Post by sunny007 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:37 am

stalin wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:49 am
Hi Everyone

I am following this thread from last few weeks and got many useful information. thank you all, for that

Here is my experience

Thank you
Hi Stalin, many congrats,
Could you please confirm have you uploaded P60 as well and in the employer letter did you mention last 12 months salary break down.
and how was your experience in the Sopra Steria Glasgow?

kchakrabarty
Newly Registered

Post by kchakrabarty » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:50 am

Hello,

I have an urgent query regarding the English Language Requirement under SET(M) route, and to be honest I am panicking right now.

I have a letter from UK NARIC which mentions my wife's degree details that she obtained in India in 2012. The letter also mentions that "The level of degree language for the above degree course meets the requirements of CEFR Level C1". This letter was used for my wife's entry clearance application in 2013 and FLR(M) application in 2016 both of which were successful. I am also attaching the points based calculator output for English language requirement which existed in 2013 showing that she received 10 points using that system.

I have been going through the English Language requirements, and it says that a statement of comparability is required, i.e. stating her degree is equivalent to a UK Bachelor's degree. The letter from UK NARIC does not explicitly mention this.

I have already filed for her SET(M) application using Super Priority service. Her appointment for Biometrics is for 30th Jan.

Can someone please advise whether I need to request statement of comparability from UK NARIC or given her FLR(M) application was successful using these documents in 2016, her ILR will be granted as well?3

Regards,

KChakrabarty

stalin
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by stalin » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:05 pm

sunny007 wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:37 am
stalin wrote:
Hi Everyone

Here is my experience

Thank you
Could you please confirm have you uploaded P60 as well and in the employer letter did you mention last 12 months salary break down.
Good experience in Sopra Steria (Glasgow). Staff are very friendly. If you uploaded the document before appointment. it will take 10 to 15 mins to complete, whole process of bio metric.

I have uploaded my P60 last five years
Nothing mention about the break down of my salary in my Employer letter. Just specified my current salary, current role title and soc code
Hope this help you.. All the best

sunny007

Post by sunny007 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:15 pm

stalin wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:05 pm
sunny007 wrote:
stalin wrote:
Hi Everyone

Here is my experience

Thank you
Good experience in Sopra Steria (Glasgow). Staff are very friendly. If you uploaded the document before appointment. it will take 10 to 15 mins to complete, whole process of bio metric.

Nothing mention about the break down of my salary in my Employer letter. Just specified my current salary, current role title and soc code
Hi Stalin, thanks for your reply, if you dont mind could you please confirm, your last year p60 2017 -2018 was below £35K, as this year P60 is not generated, and my last year P60 was less than £35K, so I'm wondering should i upload my last year P60 or not? could you please guide?

thanks in advacne

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:17 pm

sunny007 wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:15 pm
stalin wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:05 pm
sunny007 wrote:
stalin wrote:
Hi Everyone

Here is my experience

Thank you

Hi Stalin, thanks for your reply, if you dont mind could you please confirm, your last year p60 2017 -2018 was below £35K, as this year P60 is not generated, and my last year P60 was less than £35K, so I'm wondering should i upload my last year P60 or not? could you please guide?

thanks in advacne
For goodness sake, this has been covered 100s of times on the forum. There is NO requirement to send P60s for Tier 2 ILR. There is also NO requirement to earn the ILR minimum for the whole 5 years!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ajeet143
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Ajeet143 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:39 pm

Hi All,

My timeline for Tier 2 General switching employer using Super Priority service.

Application submitted online: 9th January 2019
Attended UK VCAS Birmingham: 14th January 2019 at 8:30am (Whole process took only 30 minutes)
Called HO for escalation: 21st January 2019
Called Local MP: 21st January 2019 at 11:00am
Local MP called HO: 21st January 2019 at 2:00pm
Received email from case worker: 25th January 2019 at 11:55am that the application is granted :D

Ran Clay
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by Ran Clay » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:21 pm

Hello all,

Please can someone advise me of my concern below ?

My appointment for super priority service was 12.00 on 24.01.19 yesterday As expected, I didn't get any back from Home Office yet. If decision is not completed until my current visa is expired, am I allowed to keep workimg or not ? I am wondering if I am allowed to work while I am awaiting on the decision.

It would be appreciated if anyone is able to advise me and let me know the link to see the official announcement from Home office.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:24 pm

Ran Clay wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:21 pm
Hello all,

Please can someone advise me of my concern below ?

My appointment for super priority service was 12.00 on 24.01.19 yesterday As expected, I didn't get any back from Home Office yet. If decision is not completed until my current visa is expired, am I allowed to keep workimg or not ? I am wondering if I am allowed to work while I am awaiting on the decision.

It would be appreciated if anyone is able to advise me and let me know the link to see the official announcement from Home office.

Thanks
1. Yes you can work, your existing visa conditions continue under Section 3c of the immigration rules until a decision on your application is made!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kchakrabarty
Newly Registered

Post by kchakrabarty » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:55 pm

kchakrabarty wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:50 am
Hello,

I have an urgent query regarding the English Language Requirement under SET(M) route, and to be honest I am panicking right now.

I have a letter from UK NARIC which mentions my wife's degree details that she obtained in India in 2012. The letter also mentions that "The level of degree language for the above degree course meets the requirements of CEFR Level C1". This letter was used for my wife's entry clearance application in 2013 and FLR(M) application in 2016 both of which were successful. I am also attaching the points based calculator output for English language requirement which existed in 2013 showing that she received 10 points using that system.

I have been going through the English Language requirements, and it says that a statement of comparability is required, i.e. stating her degree is equivalent to a UK Bachelor's degree. The letter from UK NARIC does not explicitly mention this.

I have already filed for her SET(M) application using Super Priority service. Her appointment for Biometrics is for 30th Jan.

Can someone please advise whether I need to request statement of comparability from UK NARIC or given her FLR(M) application was successful using these documents in 2016, her ILR will be granted as well?3

Regards,

KChakrabarty

Can someone please advise?

Bizly
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by Bizly » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:17 pm

Hi all,

First update:

Happy to share the good news, I hope it gives confidence to anyone that is still waiting.

Category Applied: ILR Set(O) Tier 2 Migrant - same employer for five years

Date Applied online: 22-11-2018.

Biometrics enrolled at Glasgow Sopra Steria: 04-12-2018.

Case escalation: 4 times ~ every two weeks.

Email to MP: 20-01-2019.

Complain to UKVI: 22-01-2019.

Confirmation Email: 25-01-2019.

Waiting for my decision letter and BRP.

I will update on the complain and best of luck for all of you.

Eagle123

Post by Eagle123 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:43 pm

Hi All,

Just want to share some good news and hope that the wait for those who wait will be over soon and you all will receive your biometrics cards soon.

I applied online on 10th of December for ILR switching from Tier 2, submitted biometrics in Manchester on 15th of December.
Numerous escalations, the complaint sent on 4th of January, MP contacted HO on 9th of January.

My lawyer received an approval e-mail on 23rd of January, the card arrived today (25th of January).

On 23rd of January I called HO at around 11.00 to escalate again. The lady on a phone told me since this is the third escalation HO should get back to me with the concrete update on my case within 5 working days. And for the very first time she gave me a reference number for my phone escalation. In an hour the caseworker emailed my lawyer and asked for the copy of my passport. It was uploaded but HO can't find this. Next day I received an approval e-mail.

Congratulations everyone who got ILRs and good luck to everyone who are still waiting. I am sure good news is on the way!

dragon098
Mood:

Post by dragon098 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:17 pm

Hi Eagle123,

Congrats to you after so long and I hope you're finally feeling good.

I wanted to quickly ask you if your BRP was received by your lawyer or if it came to your address.

My granted was approved on 17th Jan and I have yet to receive my BRP.

Thanks

Eagle123

Post by Eagle123 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:11 pm

Hi, my lawyer has received this. Hope you will get yours soon.

nice111

Post by nice111 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:29 pm

Sopra Steria Appointment Experience.

Application Category: Set M

Application Submitted: 10/01/2019

Acknowledgement Email: Rcvd next day saying that your application is submitted and is being considered and it can take upto 6 months.

Sopra Appointment: 23/01/2019 @ 11am (System was slow so delayed for an hour). We've already uploaded the documents so they double checked everything and scanned passports again, Biometric system was not working properly either. whole appointment took roughly half an hour. No confirmation of submission has been rcvd.

Biometric Email: A generic Biometric enrolment email rcvd at roughly @ 2PM (same day) asking to submit biometric or ignore it if already submitted.

Decision Email: Rcvd @ 15:51 (same day) confirming that ILR has been granted and a letter and BRP will be delivered in due course. Also mentioned that you need to cut in half and return your old BRP to HO.

UKVCAS online status: No change (Upload option is still open).

Gov.uk online application status: No change.

I was worried due to this new system as it seems very unpredictable but our experience is very delightful and pleasant by the grace of Almighty.

Waiting for BRP now.

Best of luck to all of you and hope you will all get your decisions soon.

kiwitt
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by kiwitt » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:44 pm

Has anyone been waiting for more than 8 weeks? It is already 6 weeks for me...dont know how long more it is going to take...

momozz
China

Post by momozz » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:49 pm

kiwitt wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:44 pm
Has anyone been waiting for more than 8 weeks? It is already 6 weeks for me...dont know how long more it is going to take...
Next week is going to be my 8th week..

kiwitt
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by kiwitt » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:53 pm

it seems like 8 weeks is a breaking point... you may get a good news by then! :)

Momosun
Newly Registered

Post by Momosun » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:05 pm

After 5 weeks and 1 day, Ive got my decision email this morning!!! Hooray! Here is my timeline:

Tier: SET (O) tier 2 5 years
Online form and payment date: 25th November
Appointment: 20th December, Bedford Point, Croydon.
First 'escalation' over phone: 31st Dec. couple phone calls afterwards, no formal response.
Emailed complaints: 14th Jan
Got in touch with my local MP: 22nd Jan, had response from his team within couple hours, confirming a few details. They forwarded my email straight to HO lunch time same day.
They had response from HO on 24th morning, saying my case now is confirmed to be expedited by case work team (proved that the phone escalations are all nonsense... THEY DID NOTHING!! NOTHING AT ALL!!!!)
Got my decision today, granted. I was reading HO's email, they made a decision within 24hours after responding to my local MP.

Conclusion: GET IN TOUCH WITH YOUR MP!!!! I'm so lucky that my MP actually responds and reacts so promptly (I sent why email 1.00am, his team responded 8.00am, and forwarded my case straight to HO at noon). It made such a big difference. It prob helps that he's a very senior MP as well, but either way they have so much weighing and can actually help our case!!

Good luck to all!!!!

preet8899

Post by preet8899 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:09 am

kiwitt wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:44 pm
6 weeks for me as well. I had the appointment on the same day as you.

mizer
Morocco

Post by mizer » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:58 am

nice111 wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:29 pm
Sopra Steria Appointment Experience.

Application Category: Set M

Application Submitted: 10/01/2019

Acknowledgement Email: Rcvd next day saying that your application is submitted and is being considered and it can take upto 6 months.

Sopra Appointment: 23/01/2019 @ 11am (System was slow so delayed for an hour). We've already uploaded the documents so they double checked everything and scanned passports again, Biometric system was not working properly either. whole appointment took roughly half an hour. No confirmation of submission has been rcvd.

Biometric Email: A generic Biometric enrolment email rcvd at roughly @ 2PM (same day) asking to submit biometric or ignore it if already submitted.

Decision Email: Rcvd @ 15:51 (same day) confirming that ILR has been granted and a letter and BRP will be delivered in due course. Also mentioned that you need to cut in half and return your old BRP to HO.

UKVCAS online status: No change (Upload option is still open).

Gov.uk online application status: No change.

I was worried due to this new system as it seems very unpredictable but our experience is very delightful and pleasant by the grace of Almighty.

Waiting for BRP now.

Best of luck to all of you and hope you will all get your decisions soon.
Congratulations nice111,could you please list your support documents and which category did you put them?
And also
Did you upload your document page separately then you put them on one file or you combined them on one file
For example you upload all pay slips sperately one by one and put me under same file or you combined all the pay slips on one file?
Have you submit consent form for home office to check your support documents?

Ritchie12
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Ritchie12 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:35 am

Hello all,
A few of you know me here as i have been reading and contributing to the forum. Our Sopra Steria Appointment Experience is below:

Application Category: Set LR

Application Submitted: 07/01/2019

Acknowledgement Email: None

Sopra Appointment: yesterday 25/01/2019 @ 11am. The system at Birmingham B37 7ES had a massive clitch so nothing was uploading and nothing was being sent to HO either. We listen to the advice of many here and uploaded all our docs but the Sopra wizard on the website managed to remove some of our documents :roll: . I understand its not a perfect system. They rescanned our many passports and our missing documents. Biometrics came next and we are out of there after about 1.5hours. No confirmation of submission was received.

Decision Email: Waiting

The front desk and many of the Sopra Steria workers were assuring people that decisions will be made in a couple of hours or at least end of today and we should receive a response latest tomorrow. My other half was very optimistic but i have seen and read most of the experiences here to know better. I was quite and just praying to God

Like most people here, our UKVCAS online status and Sopra Steria page are: Unchanged and still very active. Our upload options is still very active.

I am hoping the sent button that was clicked really queued us up for a HO Caseworker to attend to our applications. My other half is heavily pregnant and due very soon. I hope and pray for grace and mercies from the Almighty.

I will send an update soon.