ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 - Documents Proof

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Delhi_Bhoy
Mood:

MN1 - Documents Proof

Post by Delhi_Bhoy » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:42 am

Dear Experts and fellow members,

Need your kind help, as I think we have got bit of a problem it seems.

Background: My wife and daughter's Tier 2 Dependent visa are expiring on 9th Feb 2019 and I have got an ILR.

Last week we applied for my wife's PBS Dependent Visa Extension and sent her original documents by post.

Now I registering my below 18 year old child as British Citizen using MN1 application - online.

The application has asked to submit the following documents as proof. My question is in front of the point where I am stuck.

1. The passport issued by India for Miss Peppa —> Okay
2. Proof of Mr Daddy's parental responsibility for Miss Peppa. —> What is that?
3. Proof of Mrs Mummy's parental responsibility for Miss Peppa. —> What is that?
Proof of Mrs Mummy's parental responsibility can include:
* A copy of the birth certificate
* A parental responsibility order, care order, adoption order or special guardianship order

5. If Miss Peppa told us that their parent is settled in the UK then you must provide us evidence of their settled status. This could include a BRP, a letter from the Home Office, an endorsement in their passport or another document certifying permanent residence. —> Okay

6. A letter of consent from Miss Peppa's parent(s) or legal guardian(s) —> What is that?
7. Miss Peppa's parents' marriage certificate —> Okay
8. Two referee declarations for Miss Peppa —> I already filled these details as part of the online application, what else needs to be done?
9. If Miss Peppa has a passport then provide this with your application. If Miss Peppa does not have a passport then you must provide another officially-issued identity document. This could include an official travel document or national identity card. —> Done
10. Miss Peppa's birth certificate (showing details of both parents) —> Done
11. Miss Peppa's current biometric residence permit (BRP) —> Done
12. If Miss Peppa told us that their parent is a British citizen then you must provide us evidence of their citizenship. This could include their British passport, a certificate of citizenship or their birth certificate. —> No Applicable

If in any of the above 12, my wife's documents are needed then what are our best options?

Thanks & Regards,
K

SidiBou
Mood:

Re: MN1 - Documents Proof

Post by SidiBou » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:24 am

2. Proof of Mr Daddy's parental responsibility for Miss Peppa. —> What is that?
Child birth certificate which has both parentss' names

3. Proof of Mrs Mummy's parental responsibility for Miss Peppa. —> What is that?
Same answer as above

6. A letter of consent from Miss Peppa's parent(s) or legal guardian(s) —> What is that?
When going through the online application, you will be given a change to download the document. Also, at the end of the application after you pay.

8. Two referee declarations for Miss Peppa —> I already filled these details as part of the online application, what else needs to be done?
You will need to download the Referees' declaration forms, stick your child picture on top, write down your child's name, have both referees date and sign the documents, then scan it to upload along with rest of document at SOPRA website (Take the originals on biometric day just in case)

I hope that helps
SidiBou

Delhi_Bhoy
Mood:

Post by Delhi_Bhoy » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:49 am

Thanks for your help SidiBou. Makes it a lot clear.

Do I need to submit/upload my wife's passport and BRP (both with Home Office a the moment)?

I have topics regarding that but could not see any reference to that in the proof of document list in my case.

SidiBou
Mood:

Post by SidiBou » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:08 am

Delhi_Bhoy wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:49 am
Thanks for your help SidiBou. Makes it a lot clear.

Do I need to submit/upload my wife's passport and BRP (both with Home Office a the moment)?

I have topics regarding that but could not see any reference to that in the proof of document list in my case.
No worries!

I have uploaded my BRP, passport and my wife’s even though they did not ask for them.

Delhi_Bhoy
Mood:

Post by Delhi_Bhoy » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:42 am

What are my options if we do not have my wife’s documents ??

SidiBou
Mood:

Post by SidiBou » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:56 pm

Delhi_Bhoy wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:42 am
What are my options if we do not have my wife’s documents ??
You should have a soft copy of her passport somewhere. Otherwise, I don’t think it is mandatory to submit anyways.it is not even on the checklist. Do you may live without it. But my thoughts for my case was submit more just to be on the safe side.

Delhi_Bhoy
Mood:

Post by Delhi_Bhoy » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:36 am

SidiBouy wrote: You should have a soft copy of her passport somewhere. Otherwise, I don’t think it is mandatory to submit anyways.it is not even on the checklist. Do you may live without it. But my thoughts for my case was submit more just to be on the safe side.
Yes, we have soft copies, but will those copies be matched against originals at the UKVCAS centre/ sopra?

SidiBou
Mood:

Post by SidiBou » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:30 pm

Delhi_Bhoy wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:36 am
SidiBouy wrote: You should have a soft copy of her passport somewhere. Otherwise, I don’t think it is mandatory to submit anyways.it is not even on the checklist. Do you may live without it. But my thoughts for my case was submit more just to be on the safe side.
Yes, we have soft copies, but will those copies be matched against originals at the UKVCAS centre/ sopra?
They did not care or even ask for parents’ passports, only childrens’

CH12345
Newly Registered

Post by CH12345 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:47 pm

I am currently in the process of completing this for my 4 month old baby. but stuck at the referees. Please can anyone advise? No social worker or teacher. GP 'against policy'. What are others using please?