ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa - Would I get a call from Home Office?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

barokut
BANNED

Spouse Visa - Would I get a call from Home Office?

Post by barokut » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:13 am

Hi,

I'll cut to the chase. :)

• I (a British Born Sponsor for my Bangladeshi Wife) made a Spousal Visa application this month.
• I Work in xxxxxx (it’s a known renowned established restaurant like xxxx) as a Chef.
• Restaurant made over £1 million turnover last year March 2018.
• My salaried wage exceeds a grand over £18,600 per annum and I get paid weekly into my account.

Just concerned if the Home Office may call me and my employer about my job. My employer is quite unreliable and he doesn’t always pick up calls especially from unknown numbers.

I raise this question because I’ve come across some people both online and in real life stating that they have received calls from Home Office because their job roles are restaurant based.

Since mine is not a small restaurant as described in the above bullet points, do you think Home Office might still call us?

I look forward to hearing from everyone.

Regards,

vinny

Re: Spouse Visa - Would I get a call from Home Office?

Post by vinny » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:45 am

Answered?

It’s difficult to predict who they may call.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

uddin000

Post by uddin000 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:32 am

i say you are likely to get a call..i was interviewed and employer too..and it was restaurant based.

barokut
BANNED

Post by barokut » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:57 am

uddin000 wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:32 am
i say you are likely to get a call..i was interviewed and employer too..and it was restaurant based.
Oh ok. But what was your restaurant's turnover? Do you have any idea? Like was it above £1 million?

uddin000

Post by uddin000 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:07 pm

barokut wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:57 am
uddin000 wrote:
Oh ok. But what was your restaurant's turnover? Do you have any idea? Like was it above £1 million?
it was less then that..they call to verify the job and check if the answers u put in application is correct..they not interested in the turnover..

i say, be prepared..

Jav9289
BANNED

Post by Jav9289 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:00 pm

uddin000 wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:07 pm
barokut wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:57 am
uddin000 wrote:
it was less then that..they call to verify the job and check if the answers u put in application is correct..they not interested in the turnover..

i say, be prepared..
What if you work in a law firm? Found on companieshouse website, has its own website, found on social media etc.

What are the chances then?

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by ariamus » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:25 am

When I applied for my wife's first visa in 2016, neither of us or employer received a call.

I work in a global insurance company.

From what I gathered at the time, they are more likely to call smaller employers because they may not be a genuine company etc although I wouldn't rule out them to not calling a larger company.