ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (Protection) Route applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: SET (Protection) Route applications

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:27 pm

London22 wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:20 pm
Amber
I understand your point that if you dont tell HO they wont know it.I am stressed &stuck on passport same like you and in this regard I have just come accross a xxxxxxx case worker today where I work xxxxxx and he advised me not to tell home office and that advise is making me confused and probably change my mind .I will try to speak to some more to see what is good to do.
Goodluck
Please DO NOT state information about where you work!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

saamna
Pakistan

Post by saamna » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:26 pm

London22 wrote:
Amber_aziz wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:33 pm
ariskar wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:55 am
The alternative, in case you have not used the home country passport would be to consult an immigration advisor and contact HO/SSHD to provide them the passport and explain your mistake and reasons you still require protection, which is likely to trigger a status review for your case.
@ariskar
I have done same mistake before my asylum appeal was allowed I renew my passport.
I never used this passport I have travel document as well.
I have few months left apply for refugee ILR.
My question is today do HO ask our embassy if I obtain the passport?????????
Please help me I m so stressed about that.
How HO will know I have obtain the passport if I don't declare it.....
Amber
I understand your point that if you dont tell HO they wont know it.I am stressed &stuck on passport same like you and in this regard I have just come accross a xxxxxxx case worker today where I work xxxxxx and he advised me not to tell home office and that advise is making me confused and probably change my mind .I will try to speak to some more to see what is good to do.
Goodluck
From what I know is thatthese checks are not random but carried out on all refugees when applying for ILR, so they will find out at the end of the day. Now this depends on them whether they ignore or dig further into it.

Coolstuff
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Coolstuff » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:42 pm

saamna wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:20 pm
Hi all, I am new to this forum. Need help with my ILR application, Was granted refugee status in March last year, feb I am due to apply. I need help with the documents and cover letter please. anybody can post a sample cover letter will be very helpful.
And what documents are required as I cannot afford lawyer, they are very expensive. :cry:
Sorry to interrupt but did you mean you got refugee status last year in march 2018 ?

saamna
Pakistan

Post by saamna » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:21 pm

Coolstuff wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:42 pm
saamna wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:20 pm
Hi all, I am new to this forum. Need help with my ILR application, Was granted refugee status in March last year, feb I am due to apply. I need help with the documents and cover letter please. anybody can post a sample cover letter will be very helpful.
And what documents are required as I cannot afford lawyer, they are very expensive. :cry:
Sorry to interrupt but did you mean you got refugee status last year in march 2018 ?
sorry typing error, I was granted in 2014.

Amber_aziz
Newly Registered

Post by Amber_aziz » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:37 pm

London22 wrote:
Amber_aziz wrote:
ariskar wrote:
The alternative, in case you have not used the home country passport would be to consult an immigration advisor and contact HO/SSHD to provide them the passport and explain your mistake and reasons you still require protection, which is likely to trigger a status review for your case.
@ariskar
I have done same mistake before my asylum appeal was allowed I renew my passport.
Amber
Goodluck
London22
Thank you 're the best I spkoe gain yesterday to a firm.
Case worker told me the same thing.
The information you provide to HO they just work on that apart from the criminal offences.they double check it.
I have seen a post somewhere.
When he applied for ILR he didn't declare passport.
And he was fine he got his ILR.
When applied for naturalization.
By mistakenly he send HIS PASSPORT photo copy to the HO...because he done blunder to send his passport copy.
Otherwise he was fine with that.
Please just keep informing me about your case.
I have double check my ILR is due in July.
Good luck to you LONDON22

ariskar
Member of Standing
Mood:
Greece

Post by ariskar » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:09 am

Amber_aziz wrote:
ariskar wrote:
@ariskar
I doubt they would ask your home country embassy about your passport. It also depends on the relations between UK and your host country, their suspicion on your assylum claim that the refugee status is based on, as well as their suspicion of travel to home country (long absences, etc.). If your home country is Iran, North Korea, Syria, etc. countries with limited or poor current relations, their embassies are unlikely to be asked and even less likely to collaborate.

ariskar
Member of Standing
Mood:
Greece

Post by ariskar » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:14 am

London22 wrote:
Amber_aziz wrote:
ariskar wrote:
@ariskar
Amber
Goodluck
You are most likely going to get away with it if you have not used it to travel (airline APIs), obtained it in the home country or an embassy other than the UK one, the passport is not biometric and the country has a limited digitization platform and you do not have long absences during the 5 year refugee leave.

However, not telling the HO and claiming in the application that you do not have any un-cancelled passports issued by your home country accounts to deception and concealment of material facts. The chances that you get away with it may be in your favor, however one cannot recommend this course of action as the downside implications are significant... (deportation and entry ban, refusal of subsequent applications under different categories due to lack of good character, etc.)

saamna
Pakistan

Post by saamna » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:19 pm

Hi all, I am very confused re the following silly questions on the application form. What is HO actually asking in these? Why are these questions even part of the application?

Do you have any friends in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?
Are you part of any social groups or do you have other cultural ties in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?

What should I write in answer to these? Comments/help would be very much appreciated.

mrssam
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by mrssam » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:44 pm

I got that Whatsapp message about the set p form and windrush etc.

i actually applied and ignored some sections as instructed in the message, the weird thing is Home Office actually wrote back and requested me to go for biometrics which i did and now waiting on their response

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:00 am

mrssam wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:44 pm

i actually applied and ignored some sections as instructed in the message, the weird thing is Home Office actually wrote back and requested me to go for biometrics which i did and now waiting on their response
The WhatsApp message is false and not true. There is no secret policy for people who have no legal status in the UK for x number of years being granted a special consideration for ILR on form Set P.

Nothing "weird" about being asked to enrol biometrics and it doesn't mean anything other than why it is, to enrol biometrics. All applicants for any visa etc have to enrol biometrics before HO even start looking at and processing their application.

Perhaps you missed the recent news article about WhatsApp putting in restrictions on users sending multiple recipients fake messages.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

saamna
Pakistan

Post by saamna » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:20 pm

saamna wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:19 pm
Hi all, I am very confused re the following silly questions on the application form. What is HO actually asking in these? Why are these questions even part of the application?

Do you have any friends in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?
Are you part of any social groups or do you have other cultural ties in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?

What should I write in answer to these? Comments/help would be very much appreciated.

Sand6

Post by Sand6 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:42 pm

saamna wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:20 pm
saamna wrote:

Ì just simply write down NO.

saamna
Pakistan

Post by saamna » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:04 am

Sand6 wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:42 pm
saamna wrote:
saamna wrote:

Thank you for your reply Sand6, for the second question in re to Social group, I do use facebook, do I mention that, or still say no????

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:23 am

saamna wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:04 am
Sand6 wrote:
saamna wrote:
saamna wrote:

Thank you for your reply Sand6, for the second question in re to Social group, I do use facebook, do I mention that, or still say no????
No!! It has nothing to do with social media but people you know in real life and groups you might belong to etc. If there aren't any, state that.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

mrssam
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by mrssam » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:07 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:00 am
mrssam wrote:

The WhatsApp message is false and not true. There is no secret policy for people who have no legal status in the UK for x number of years being granted a special consideration for ILR on form Set P.

Nothing "weird" about being asked to enrol biometrics and it doesn't mean anything other than why it is, to enrol biometrics. All applicants for any visa etc have to enrol biometrics before HO even start looking at and processing their application.

Perhaps you missed the recent news article about WhatsApp putting in restrictions on users sending multiple recipients bad quality messages.
Well ma'am/ sir, my papers were granted through that and i'm waiting for the PR card to be delivered but i got a letter today stating that i have been granted. Maybe i'm a one in a million applicant but it was possible for me
Thanks

London22
Member of Standing

Post by London22 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:45 pm

mrssam wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:07 pm
CR001 wrote:
mrssam wrote:

Perhaps you missed the recent news article about WhatsApp putting in restrictions on users sending multiple recipients bad quality messages.
Well ma'am/ sir, my papers were granted through that and i'm waiting for the PR card to be delivered but i got a letter today stating that i have been granted. Maybe i'm a one in a million applicant but it was possible for me
Thanks
You probably applied in Nigerian embassy and become one in a million however dont even think about uk home office would do that.This is serious website where people discuss issues related to immigration.You are at wrong place mate.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:55 pm

London22 wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:45 pm
mrssam wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:07 pm

Thanks
You probably applied in Nigerian embassy and become one in a million however dont even think about uk home office would do that.This is serious website where people discuss issues related to immigration.You are at wrong place mate.
Why the Nigerian Embassy comment? Member mrssam has been granted leave by the Home Office.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

saamna
Pakistan

Post by saamna » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:17 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:23 am
saamna wrote:
Sand6 wrote:
saamna wrote:

No!! It has nothing to do with social media but people you know in real life and groups you might belong to etc. If there aren't any, state that.
Right, ok... Thank you. Have almost completed my application now. Waiting for the 1st and will submit then. Fingers crossed xxx

saamna
Pakistan

Post by saamna » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:00 pm

CR001 wrote:
saamna wrote:
Sand6 wrote:
saamna wrote:

And for submitting the supporting documents, do we have to make an appointment or send via the post.

saamna
Pakistan

Post by saamna » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:16 pm

saamna wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:00 pm
CR001 wrote:
saamna wrote:
Sand6 wrote:

And for submitting the supporting documents, do we have to make an appointment or send via the post.
Do they need passport size photos aswell? if yes how many? attested?

Coolstuff
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Coolstuff » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:45 am

saamna wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:16 pm

Hello Saamna
You don't need to provide Passport size pictures if you are applying through new service ( not sure about if you apply through old service though), when you submit the form it will ask you whether you want to use old service or the new one, i used new one for my mum's application. Booked the next working day appointment, through UKVCAS, (as all free free ones were taken so had to pay £100 to get out of hours appointment) then it even gives to the option to upload all the documents yourself or take them to the service point and they ll scan and upload it for you. ( i recommend taking all the relevant documents to service center anyway in case you might miss uploading any, even if you don`t they ll still give you till 10 pm if you ask them, to upload any more document after your appointment.) I HOPE THIS INFORMATION HELPS EVERYONE.

Just out of curiosity i wanted to know that have you got a travel document ? if yes ..then at the end of the online form where it asks you to submit documents is it asking you to provide travel document issued by Pakistan ?(which it did in my mum's case and had to type a letter to explain that error on the online form)..just wondering what does it asks in the end now ?

saamna
Pakistan

Post by saamna » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:14 pm

Coolstuff wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:45 am
saamna wrote:

Hello Saamna
You don't need to provide Passport size pictures if you are applying through new service ( not sure about if you apply through old service though), when you submit the form it will ask you whether you want to use old service or the new one, i used new one for my mum's application. Booked the next working day appointment, through UKVCAS, (as all free free ones were taken so had to pay £100 to get out of hours appointment) then it even gives to the option to upload all the documents yourself or take them to the service point and they ll scan and upload it for you. ( i recommend taking all the relevant documents to service center anyway in case you might miss uploading any, even if you don`t they ll still give you till 10 pm if you ask them, to upload any more document after your appointment.) I HOPE THIS INFORMATION HELPS EVERYONE.

Just out of curiosity i wanted to know that have you got a travel document ? if yes ..then at the end of the online form where it asks you to submit documents is it asking you to provide travel document issued by Pakistan ?(which it did in my mum's case and had to type a letter to explain that error on the online form)..just wondering what does it asks in the end now ?
Hi Coolstuff! Thank you for the detailed reply, to my surprise, it did not give me the option to chose between new and old service. Wonder why? So I suppose it's old then. What do I do in this case? How will I be sending the documents, and passport size pics?
In regards to the travel document, I never made any, the need never arose. So I just replied "No" to this. I do have an expired Pakistan passport, which they've asked me to submit along with any other valid passports ( which is not, in my case). For ur mum, any valid/invalid passports/travel documents submit all please.

Coolstuff
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Coolstuff » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:39 pm

saamna wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:14 pm
Coolstuff wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:45 am
saamna wrote:

Hello Saamna

Hi Coolstuff! Thank you for the detailed reply, to my surprise, it did not give me the option to chose between new and old service. Wonder why? So I suppose it's old then. What do I do in this case? How will I be sending the documents, and passport size pics?
In regards to the travel document, I never made any, the need never arose. So I just replied "No" to this. I do have an expired Pakistan passport, which they've asked me to submit along with any other valid passports ( which is not, in my case). For ur mum, any valid/invalid passports/travel documents submit all please.
Hey Saamna, thank you so much , i have already provided them with Mum's Travel document ( they don't keep originals now they ll just scan and return it back to you there and then) , & once you have submitted the application on Gov website it ll give you the option to choose between the services..

Amber_aziz
Newly Registered

Post by Amber_aziz » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:20 pm

CR001 wrote:
mrssam wrote:

CR001
I have question for you.
When HO while they 're in processing to deport someone to their home country.
How HO get their emergencey travel document from their embaseey without detaninee permission and their concent ?????
Just asking for my knowledge ??

saamna
Pakistan

Post by saamna » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:42 am

Amber_aziz wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:20 pm
CR001 wrote:
mrssam wrote:

CR001
I have question for you.
When HO while they 're in processing to deport someone to their home country.
How HO get their emergencey travel document from their embaseey without detaninee permission and their concent ?????
Just asking for my knowledge ??
Initially, "if refused " they will send a refusal letter and the time period mentioned in which the person has to leave the country, if did not, then they obtain travel documents from the concerned embassy without detainee's knowledge and consent, and pay a surprise visit too.