ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is it possible to use old passport (with my residence permit; vignette - 5years) when travelling?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Is it possible to use old passport (with my residence permit; vignette - 5years) when travelling?

Post by ljdebenedictis » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:27 pm

Hello again. I just realised something last night. 🤔

At the end of March I will be able to apply for the EU settlement scheme but I just realised that my passport (Philippines) is expiring in June2019 which contains my residence permit.

My question is, will my Residence permit (vignette) on my old passport (when I get my new one) will still be valid just in case I travel for holiday and go back to UK. I know that I will probably have the settled status already but most airport in other countries may be confused with the new papers. I dont know. 🤷🏽‍♀️

Thank you

Mugen
Ukraine

Re: Is it possible to use old passport (with my residence permit; vignette - 5years) when travelling?

Post by Mugen » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:20 pm

I did that in the past.

vinny

Re: Is it possible to use old passport (with my residence permit; vignette - 5years) when travelling?

Post by vinny » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:46 pm

If the residence permit expires before returning, then you may have problems boarding the plane.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Post by ljdebenedictis » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:03 pm

vinny wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:46 pm
If the residence permit expires before returning, then you may have problems boarding the plane.
Hello.

My residence permit expires in January 2020. It’s only my Philippines passport is expiring in June 2019. I’m just curious what will happen if I go for holiday?

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:50 pm

ljdebenedictis wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:27 pm
At the end of March I will be able to apply for the EU settlement scheme but I just realised that my passport (Philippines) is expiring in June2019 which contains my residence permit.
As discussed in this post: Will (pre)settled status mean new residence card you will be issued a new card under the EU settlement scheme if you are from outside the EU and you do not already hold a biometric residence card. Since your passport is from the Philippines and you only have a vignette, I gather this is your case, and thus you'll be issued a new card once you get Settled Status.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Post by ljdebenedictis » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:26 pm

kamoe wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:50 pm
ljdebenedictis wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:27 pm
As discussed in this post: Will (pre)settled status mean new residence card you will be issued a new card under the EU settlement scheme if you are from outside the EU and you do not already hold a biometric residence card. Since your passport is from the Philippines and you only have a vignette, I gather this is your case, and thus you'll be issued a new card once you get Settled Status.
I see. Thank you for the explanation. 😊