ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents required for naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dilse4srk
Member of Standing

Documents required for naturalisation

Post by dilse4srk » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:37 am

Hi All

I have two questions and will really appreciate your response.

Can we still apply using NCS service at local council?
If we apply using new ukvcas service, do we need to submit our passport and brp as part of the application.
The main answer i am looking here is, which service to go for if we dont want to give our passport and brp as i might need to travel?
Also which docs are required
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Documents required for naturalisation

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:39 am

Can we still apply using NCS service at local council?
No.
If we apply using new ukvcas service, do we need to submit our passport and brp as part of the application.
You keep hold of your originals.
Also which docs are required
Have you read the form and guidance notes? Searched the forum??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:44 am

Also, have you determined exactly what you have been approved for based on your post yesterday of 'Leave' comment?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dilse4srk
Member of Standing

Post by dilse4srk » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:22 pm

I will confirm this when i receive my brp. However these are few questions i had in my mind and though to ask beforehand

dilse4srk
Member of Standing

Post by dilse4srk » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:51 pm

I got indefinite leave to remain. Next question is does UKVCAS/ home office charges extra fee for using online application.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:12 pm

Presumably you used the new service for ILR. The same fees apply if using ukcvas for citizenship.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

dilse4srk
Member of Standing

Post by dilse4srk » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:42 pm

A little confused on 1 requirement from the AN guide
SECTION 10 Evidence of National Insurance contributions covering the relevant period:
• payslips
• P60’s
• letter or letters from your employer or employers confirming you have worked in their

How many payslips do we need to provide
do we need to provide p60 from all employers for which we worked in past 10 yrs

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:51 pm

Not necessary.

You can submit P60s if you wish to.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

dilse4srk
Member of Standing

Post by dilse4srk » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:41 am

Can ditector of limited company provide reference if the company is not VAT registered. My friend is a contractor and also is a director of his limited company which is not VAT register?
Please if you can provide a link as well to the info. I search so much and cant get this information about director of limited company> Also the director has ILR and not yet british citizen

dilse4srk
Member of Standing

Post by dilse4srk » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:05 pm

any one?

dilse4srk
Member of Standing

Post by dilse4srk » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:24 pm

Hi Cr001
You requested me to post my question in this thread where i am not getting any attention as only you replied. That's why i asked the question in other thread as people are using new online system and sharing their experience. However i am asking again here the same question about employment.
I am now at employment history page where i have to give whole 10 years history. I am not yet at document page so i will update on this once i get to that section

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:26 pm

You need to LIST and STATE your employment history. It is NOT mandatory to submit evidence of 10 years employment unless you are an EU citizen.

You are NOT repeating the ILR process.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

dilse4srk
Member of Standing

Post by dilse4srk » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:30 pm

Also if you can please answer my above question about the director of the company reference form. IN paper form we had to put our name on the back of photos and then glue it, but in online process if we are scanning the reference form then whats the point of writing name at the back

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:34 pm

dilse4srk wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:30 pm
Also if you can please answer my above question about the director of the company reference form. IN paper form we had to put our name on the back of photos and then glue it, but in online process if we are scanning the reference form then whats the point of writing name at the back
You need to submit original referee forms as far as I am aware as the referees have to physically sign the forms. I could be wrong, however if HO do ask you to post them, then at least it is done and the whole name on back of photo is in case the photos and referee page get separated so that HO know who what belongs to. Obviously the guidance notes have not been completing updated.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

dilse4srk
Member of Standing

Post by dilse4srk » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:57 pm

So its better if i ask this question in other thread from people who already have submitted their applications through ukvcas, So we know how they completed the referee form. what you recon?

dilse4srk
Member of Standing

Post by dilse4srk » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:27 pm

stuck on this 1 question
Are there any reasons why you cannot meet the requirements to become a British citizen (for example, you have had too many absences from the UK)? NO

If you do not meet the statutory requirements to become a British citizen, are there any special circumstances why you think the Home Secretary should still grant your application?

Dont understand the second question
What are statutory requirement, what to say

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:40 pm

dilse4srk wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:27 pm
stuck on this 1 question
Are there any reasons why you cannot meet the requirements to become a British citizen (for example, you have had too many absences from the UK)? NO

If you do not meet the statutory requirements to become a British citizen, are there any special circumstances why you think the Home Secretary should still grant your application?

Dont understand the second question
What are statutory requirement, what to say
"Statutory requirements" are those you need for in the naturalisation application (absences, good character, etc) - if you don't meet some of them then this would ask for discretion. On the paper form this was normally crossed out. Not sure what the online options are but I would select "not applicable" or "none".
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

dilse4srk
Member of Standing

Post by dilse4srk » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:44 pm

Thanks for you reply. I read the guidance and meet all the requirements for naturalisation. So i selected NO here