ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

South African wife, married to Irish national, wanting to travel

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

WayneC81
Newly Registered
Ireland

South African wife, married to Irish national, wanting to travel

Post by WayneC81 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:24 pm

Hi,

I could use some advice, with references if possible please.

My wife has recently received her stamp 4 residence card. We are looking to travel, and want to understand what the current rulings are.

I've read the forum questions, but the questions and answers are from 2010 and 2014.

Does she require a visa to travel to other EU countries (will the stamp 4 suffice if she is with me)?

Does she need a re-entry visa, as the stamp 4 is an allowance of her residency in Ireland?

Thanks in advance.
Wayne

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Re: South African wife, married to Irish national, wanting to travel

Post by shpirtshqipe » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:53 pm

Stamp 4 - is a temporary permission to stay in the state and not a Residency Card

Yes, she does need a re-entry Visa to Ireland unless South Africans are Visa exempt from Ireland

Yes, she does need a visa to EU unless South Africans are Visa exempt in some or all EU country/countries

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Re: South African wife, married to Irish national, wanting to travel

Post by max307 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:28 pm

WayneC81 wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:24 pm
Hi,

I could use some advice, with references if possible please.

My wife has recently received her stamp 4 residence card. We are looking to travel, and want to understand what the current rulings are.

I've read the forum questions, but the questions and answers are from 2010 and 2014.

Does she require a visa to travel to other EU countries (will the stamp 4 suffice if she is with me)?

Does she need a re-entry visa, as the stamp 4 is an allowance of her residency in Ireland?

Thanks in advance.
Wayne
Did she receive a Stamp 4 or a Stamp 4 EUFAM? What's your nationality?
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.