ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Mrs P
India

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by Mrs P » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:13 pm

As they told me 2 weeks ago that my application has passed second stage and waiting to send to the minister in next batch and after that i got an email update today the exectly words they send me in an email i am going to copy paste. Is there anyone can tell me what exactly there mean is🤔. Is it mean am i still on second stage??🤭🤭

In response to your query regarding the delay in processing your
application, please note that to allow the Minister to grant a certificate
of naturalisation to an applicant, several statutory conditions must be
met. One of these conditions is that an applicant must be of good
character. To this end each application is forwarded to An Garda Síochána
for a character check. This process was applied to your application.

In some circumstances that can be established relatively quickly and in
other cases, such as this case, completing the necessary checks take a
longer period of time.

Your case therefore requires further consideration and case assessment.
Additional information may be requested from you in due course. When all
necessary information has been compiled your file will be submitted to the
Minister for decision as expeditiously as possible.

Statusquo73
Lebanon

Post by Statusquo73 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:40 pm

Mrs P wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:13 pm
As they told me 2 weeks ago that my application has passed second stage and waiting to send to the minister in next batch and after that i got an email update today the exectly words they send me in an email i am going to copy paste. Is there anyone can tell me what exactly there mean is🤔. Is it mean am i still on second stage??🤭🤭

longer period of time.

From what i read your case wont be send to minister very soon. Yes, you seem to be in second stage but they made clear that It will take time to do assestment on your case.

Here they made very clear their message.

Ofcourse this is what I read. I hope I am wrong but it might be that they will take their time to go through your case.

Anira
Canada

Post by Anira » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:25 pm

Just rang again and still waiting for submission. She said it may take a while to hear back but that I should hear back before next ceremony. She didnt mention a month, just next quarter of 2019. I guess we will have to wait a tad more...

Mrs P
India

Post by Mrs P » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:31 pm

Same here. Rang again today and told me still working on my application after passed second stage and seems i will get my approval soon in few weeks time. They said they have no idea when they are gona start sending letters and they didn’t start yet.. still bit hope for next ceremony 🤞🏻

Mrs P
India

Post by Mrs P » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:35 pm

Statusquo73 wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:40 pm
Mrs P wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:13 pm

longer period of time.

From what i read your case wont be send to minister very soon. Yes, you seem to be in second stage but they made clear that It will take time to do assestment on your case.

Here they made very clear their message.

Ofcourse this is what I read. I hope I am wrong but it might be that they will take their time to go through your case.
Thank you for your reply.. but over the phone today they again said still working and seems i will get my approvel in few weeks and said again that my application has passed second stage and it is on final stage. In email they said different I don’t know what is true 🤔

Missstamper
Ireland

Post by Missstamper » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:17 am

I posted earlier in this thread - after applying in Oct 17 I received a letter looking for more information near the end of Dec 18 (not sure why they asked for this more info as I had given them it originally - and not sure why it took a year to ask for this!).

Anyway sent back the required info and then early Jan received a letter saying my app had moved to second stage (so finally the true second stage letter...).

Anyone know how long it generally takes after this for a decision - would have thought the character check with gardai would be quick? (im a UK citizen but lived here since i was small - no criminal history not even a parking fine!!) - you can get what's held by gardai within 20 working days under a FOI request so presume it can't take that long!

Anira
Canada

Post by Anira » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:24 am

Ive had my 2nd stage letter since Nov 2017 have no offences, never claimed anything and have been living here for the past 12 years. So, its hard to know the answer to your question :/ some people get it very quickly while others wait... But I do believe they are working on the delayed applications of 2017 now and we should hear something back before Aprils ceremony, fingers crossed.

Edit: I also applied in october 2017. I do believe they misplace documents too and this could be the reason they request stuff we sent in already. I know this because I changed jobs and sent new payslips and everything and I nver got an ackknowledgemnt. I rang and wrote them to ask for one and they said they never got anything but I shouldnt worry because they didnt need anything else since my application was finished and on line for decision. Its been finished since April 2018 though, on line waiting for a decision.

Missstamper
Ireland

Post by Missstamper » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:59 am

Anira wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:24 am
Ive had my 2nd stage letter since Nov 2017 have no offences, never claimed anything and have been living here for the past 12 years. So, its hard to know the answer to your question :/ some people get it very quickly while others wait... But I do believe they are working on the delayed applications of 2017 now and we should hear something back before Aprils ceremony, fingers crossed.

Edit: I also applied in october 2017. I do believe they misplace documents too and this could be the reason they request stuff we sent in already. I know this because I changed jobs and sent new payslips and everything and I nver got an ackknowledgemnt. I rang and wrote them to ask for one and they said they never got anything but I shouldnt worry because they didnt need anything else since my application was finished and on line for decision. Its been finished since April 2018 though, on line waiting for a decision.
Yea it's impossible to know really - there is no pattern to their process at all - like you i've read of people getting their second stage immediately and waiting a year for decision, then others (i'm hoping im one of them!, get it after a year but get decision quickly) - who knows, just a waiting game with them.
I'm here nearly 30 years

Anira
Canada

Post by Anira » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:55 am

I called again and was informed it is still being prepared for submission and that she has no way of knowing when it will be submitted. At least she was honest.

Statusquo73
Lebanon

Post by Statusquo73 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:11 pm

Missstamper wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:59 am
Anira wrote:

Yea it's impossible to know really - there is no pattern to their process at all - like you i've read of people getting their second stage immediately and waiting a year for decision, then others (i'm hoping im one of them!, get it after a year but get decision quickly) - who knows, just a waiting game with them.
I'm here nearly 30 years
30 YEARS !!! WOOW
And you are still waiting for long time to get your approval ?

I have no idea how Immigration in Ireland works !!

Anira
Canada

Post by Anira » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:26 pm

At first I thought they delayed applications that needed some more digging but after the FOI topic I am sure they need to keep the numbers under 10.000 per year so they probably delay a a couple of lucky ones like us. It breaks my heart seeing people getting their approval in 3 months just out of randomness though. They obviously keep a percentage under the 6 months mark to say that “straight forward applications are processed within that frame” but more “complicated” ones are not. Nothing complicated here just pure unfairness...

Missstamper
Ireland

Post by Missstamper » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:37 pm

Statusquo73 wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:11 pm
Missstamper wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:59 am
Anira wrote:

I'm here nearly 30 years
30 YEARS !!! WOOW
And you are still waiting for long time to get your approval ?

I have no idea how Immigration in Ireland works !!
haha yep 3 decades! based off the foi topic it sounds like nothing happens with applications for long periods of time, they just sit there on someones desk. So basically to sum up, sending in your application is absolutely random as to when you will get a decision, it doesnt matter if your black/white/young/old/eu/non-eu/x/w/z!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Paddy_Leprechaun
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Paddy_Leprechaun » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:15 pm

Initially, I was of the opinion it is pure laziness or incapability of bureaucrats. But now I strongly believe it is a well-engineered policy with a combination of laziness, randomness, and disguise to covertly keep the anti-immigrant policy intact and limit the numbers below certain numbers and obviously finding ways to keep unwelcome people out who can't be legally denied. I still believe they target certain race and religion, but randomly treat few others the same way so the Department can't be blamed.
Looking at their telephonic, email responses and even answers to parliamentary questions by the Minister himself, they are all well-written by good solicitors and they never give you any commitment.
I heard that the average waiting time for naturalization applications used to be 24 months, then the EU court gave a few rulings/recommendations, financial crisis came and people start leaving the country. Then suddenly all backlog was cleared. Now with the recovery, it is time to revert back to the old policy and bring back the original Irish back rather than increasing the number of paper Irish.
Sorry if I sound too much pis*ed off because actually, I am. So annoyed the way I am being treated by this department.

mufc69

Post by mufc69 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:20 pm

Paddy_Leprechaun wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:15 pm
Initially, I was of the opinion it is pure laziness or incapability of bureaucrats. But now I strongly believe it is a well-engineered policy with a combination of laziness, randomness, and disguise to covertly keep the anti-immigrant policy intact and limit the numbers below certain numbers and obviously finding ways to keep unwelcome people out who can't be legally denied. I still believe they target certain race and religion, but randomly treat few others the same way so the Department can't be blamed.
Looking at their telephonic, email responses and even answers to parliamentary questions by the Minister himself, they are all well-written by good solicitors and they never give you any commitment.
I heard that the average waiting time for naturalization applications used to be 24 months, then the EU court gave a few rulings/recommendations, financial crisis came and people start leaving the country. Then suddenly all backlog was cleared. Now with the recovery, it is time to revert back to the old policy and bring back the original Irish back rather than increasing the number of paper Irish.
Sorry if I sound too much pis*ed off because actually, I am. So annoyed the way I am being treated by this department.
Hi there, totally agree with what your saying it’s an abosolute disgrace. I’m very p*ssed off that many on here, most recently a German applicant got an approval within months, but yet my wife submitted her application over a year before that.. I hear what your saying, it’s seems to be political, I think some applications are being held back due to brexit and others are being held back because of the country that applicant came from. It’s ridiculous that some people are waiting 2 years or more and others are getting their approvals within months, they must have some sort of filtering process 😡

Missstamper
Ireland

Post by Missstamper » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:45 pm

Paddy_Leprechaun wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:15 pm
That FOI request is probably the best thing I’ve seen to help “explain” the process. The fact your app sat there for 1 year without any progress / dates update etc warrants a question asked. Could be worth engaging a soclitor to see what they say??

The fact that this process has no accountability makes it near impossible to do anything but vent on a forum though! I feel your pain!

usmanch313

Post by usmanch313 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:19 am

Paddy_Leprechaun
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Paddy_Leprechaun » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:19 pm

I rang today, the guy attending my phone gave me kind of a miny speech, explaining that I am at a well-advanced stage and told me that nothing is needed by the Department either from or of me anymore. Strangely enough rather than typical phone respondent at INIS who tend to have robotic tone and not willing to give any information. This guy was to some extent apologetic about delays and saying that now their priority is to finalize all pending old applications and it is almost certain that I will be included in next ceremony in April. He further added that in order to get rid of all applications, they might do 3 big ceremonies this year rather than 2. I was also told that they will start sending letters once the date is finalized and it could be some time at the end of Feb or latest by the first week of March.

Do I actually believe anything being told on Phone by INIS, absolutely Not... But this was the first time I felt that this guy is telling truth or at least trying his best to pretend that he is giving me correct information.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:37 pm

Paddy_Leprechaun wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:19 pm
I rang today, the guy attending my phone gave me kind of a miny speech, explaining that I am at a well-advanced stage and told me that nothing is needed by the Department either from or of me anymore. Strangely enough rather than typical phone respondent at INIS who tend to have robotic tone and not willing to give any information. This guy was to some extent apologetic about delays and saying that now their priority is to finalize all pending old applications and it is almost certain that I will be included in next ceremony in April. He further added that in order to get rid of all applications, they might do 3 big ceremonies this year rather than 2. I was also told that they will start sending letters once the date is finalized and it could be some time at the end of Feb or latest by the first week of March.

Do I actually believe anything being told on Phone by INIS, absolutely Not... But this was the first time I felt that this guy is telling truth or at least trying his best to pretend that he is giving me correct information.
Took me a whole hour and 182 phone calls today to get to them.

I was told the similar story about the timeline (although I applied in July 2018 so it's not a delayed application). They mentioned that all completed applications will be submitted and we should get a response before the early March.

Paddy_Leprechaun
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Paddy_Leprechaun » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:47 pm

Hi Littlerr,
Wasn't your application already submitted to the Minister as per last week update? Did they keep the same story for you this week that it is submitted or avoided to say that but rather say completed/well-advanced etc.?

Just asking as it is common for them to tell you a different story every week.

Anira
Canada

Post by Anira » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:50 pm

Paddy_Leprechaun wrote:

My friend also rang (she applied in November 2017 and has never received 2nd stage letter) and he told her that her application is not in the batch to be sent to minister but that he would put a note down for hers to be included this year for sure.

I rang and a lady answered and she gave me the generic response, however this time she said it’s still being processed but they dont need anything from me anymore, so I guess it’s completed.

I wish I had got this guy, he seemed to have more info. I will keep ringing because I am going away this month and want to be prepared (if that’s possible).

Anira
Canada

Post by Anira » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:52 pm

Paddy_Leprechaun wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:47 pm
Hi Littlerr,
Wasn't your application already submitted to the Minister as per last week update? Did they keep the same story for you this week that it is submitted or avoided to say that but rather say completed/well-advanced etc.?

Yep, mine went for complete and on line for submission to being processed 😂

Paddy_Leprechaun
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Paddy_Leprechaun » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:02 pm

Anira wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:50 pm
Paddy_Leprechaun wrote:

My friend also rang (she applied in November 2017 and has never received 2nd stage letter) and he told her that her application is not in the batch to be sent to minister but that he would put a note down for hers to be included this year for sure.

I rang and a lady answered and she gave me the generic response, however this time she said it’s still being processed but they dont need anything from me anymore, so I guess it’s completed.

I wish I had got this guy, he seemed to have more info. I will keep ringing because I am going away this month and want to be prepared (if that’s possible).
Don't worry, whoever responds to your call it does not make any difference on your application status. At least I know this after FOI on my file. One thing is for sure, if you get a good person on the line, you spend a week or so happily and start dreaming till next week when you call again and had a bit of bad luck with getting a different person on phone line then you spend a week being stressed and disappointed...

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:20 pm

Paddy_Leprechaun wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:47 pm
Hi Littlerr,

These are her exact words, more or less:

“There has been no change in your application” - presumably since the last time I called them, which is last week;
“Your application is complete and you should hear back from us in a few weeks”;
I then asked what she meant by “complete” and whether it’s submitted to the minister. She answered “not officially” (presumably because they haven’t sent out any status update letter yet) “but yes it should be included”.

Mrs P
India

Post by Mrs P » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:38 pm

[quote=Paddy_Leprechaun post_id=1739254 time=1549545576 user_id=192842]

Do I actually believe anything being told on Phone by INIS, absolutely Not... But this was the first time I felt that this guy is telling truth or at least trying his best to pretend that he is giving me correct

Same here. Seems like the guy who attended my call today same was you. First time i got full explanation on my application as well. He took alot of time to explain me why my application is still not finish. He told me clearly that they are gona work on 2017 ans 2018 applications for this year coming ceremony and gave me a hope to get something before this years first ceremony..

Anira
Canada

Post by Anira » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:28 am

For the first time the informatiom given on e-mail and phone match..

Your application for naturalisation is being prepared for submission to
the Minister. If further documentation and/or clarification of any matter
related to your application is required from you, we will write to you
requesting it. Otherwise, you will receive a letter in due course
informing you of the Minister’s decision on your application.

Regards,

Citizenship Helpdesk Team 3