ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tanzania - UK dual nationality

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Cescf4
Newly Registered
Tanzania

Tanzania - UK dual nationality

Post by Cescf4 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:03 pm

Hi, I live in the UK and have dual citizenship for tz and GB.

I am planning to travel to Tanzania with my Tanzanian passport only which still has the ILR sticker.

Will this cause any issues.? I have never used my GB. Passport to travel to TZ.

Nerazzuri

Re: Tanzania - UK dual nationality

Post by Nerazzuri » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:16 pm

Cescf4 wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:03 pm

I am planning to travel to Tanzania with my Tanzanian passport only which still has the ILR sticker.

ILR becomes invalid as soon as you become a citizen, so that stamp is not valid and cannot be used to travel.

Hioru

Re: Tanzania - UK dual nationality

Post by Hioru » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:13 pm

Cescf4 wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:03 pm

I would say should be fine as long as you enter the UK on your British passport when you come back. I assume Tanzania's border control can't check the validity of your ILR, so they would just satisfy themselves that you legally stayed in the UK (and the ILR helps hide your British citizenship in case Tanzania doesn't allow dual-citizenship?).

I find this instruction useful, hope mods don't mind linking to it - https://travel.stackexchange.com/a/52101/42483