ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

change the referee after online application sent

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

suzuki1985
Turkey

change the referee after online application sent

Post by suzuki1985 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:35 pm

Hi Guys,

After submitting my application online, the professional referee refused to provide his details. I have an alternative referee. The application form is not editable and in order to change the referee, I would have to cancel the application. As far as I understand, the application fee is not refundable. The UKVCAS appointment is scheduled for next week. Can I provide the alternative referee's details in addition to the required documents?

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

All the best

johnhkg
Hong Kong

Re: change the referee after online application sent

Post by johnhkg » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:43 pm

suzuki1985 wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:35 pm
Hi Guys,

After submitting my application online, the professional referee refused to provide his details. I have an alternative referee. The application form is not editable and in order to change the referee, I would have to cancel the application. As far as I understand, the application fee is not refundable. The UKVCAS appointment is scheduled for next week. Can I provide the alternative referee's details in addition to the required documents?

All the best
My suggestion is to get the new referee to sign a declaration, then scan and upload the new referee's declaration and also a letter to UKVI explaining the situation and include all the details about the new referee that you have not been able to include in the online application.

suzuki1985
Turkey

Re: change the referee after online application sent

Post by suzuki1985 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:31 pm

johnhkg wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:43 pm
suzuki1985 wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:35 pm
Hi Guys,

All the best
My suggestion is to get the new referee to sign a declaration, then scan and upload the new referee's declaration and also a letter to UKVI explaining the situation and include all the details about the new referee that you have not been able to include in the online application.
Thank you very much for your answer. I`ll do as you explained. Fingers crossed :-/.