ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How do you get an appointment via UKVCAS?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

USUKHopeful
Newly Registered
United States of America

How do you get an appointment via UKVCAS?

Post by USUKHopeful » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:17 am

I have been on the website for the past 3 weeks trying to get an appointment. I'm in London. There has been no availability or just £200+ appointments in Croydon. My application is straight forward, not sure why I need to spend an additional £200.
Is there a good time of day to log in and book the appointment? I called the £2.50 a minute helpline and they just said to keep trying.
Any advice??
Thanks in advance.
additional info: i'm applying for citizenship from ILR and for my minor son as well.

ilovethebeatles

Re: How do you get an appointment via UKVCAS?

Post by ilovethebeatles » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:37 pm

The fact that your application is strait forward does not mean that you can easily book an appointment you want. You can change your postcode to look for other centers in other cities. If they are not available, it simply implies that they are booked. You have to wait or pay for early appointments because normally free appointments are booked very quickly.
USUKHopeful wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:17 am
I have been on the website for the past 3 weeks trying to get an appointment. I'm in London. There has been no availability or just £200+ appointments in Croydon. My application is straight forward, not sure why I need to spend an additional £200.
Is there a good time of day to log in and book the appointment? I called the £2.50 a minute helpline and they just said to keep trying.
Any advice??
Thanks in advance.
additional info: i'm applying for citizenship from ILR and for my minor son as well.

USUKHopeful
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by USUKHopeful » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:52 pm

Thank you for reading my post and responding. Unbelievably I just went on and got a free appointment at Croydon. So onward and upward. Thanks again for the comments though.

Era
Newly Registered

Post by Era » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:03 pm

USUKHopeful wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:52 pm
Thank you for reading my post and responding. Unbelievably I just went on and got a free appointment at Croydon. So onward and upward. Thanks again for the comments though.
Hi .sorry but how do you get an appointment free there becauce i see all date with charge 260£ 0r 200£ ? Thankz

prejay

Post by prejay » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:56 am

Keep checking - wait for someone to cancel and grab theirs.