ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(FP) Application time

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

waqas734
Pakistan

Re: FLR(FP) Application time

Post by waqas734 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:54 pm

Adenet wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:05 am
waqas734 wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:07 pm
They returned my ilr brp and my sons passport within a week
Ok. Is it within a week of applying or decision? Sorry but I just want to know if someone can request brp for urgent need. Thanks

Yes you can request your documents anytime , just email them and they will send your passport and brp within 10 days as i needed my brp to apply my sons british passport which i later on sent to support my wife flrfp application and they never asked my passport and brp again as they had already copied them . Just google request your documents from ukvi and you will find a link

Adenet
Newly Registered

Post by Adenet » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:19 pm

waqas734 wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:54 pm
Adenet wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:05 am
waqas734 wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:07 pm
They returned my ilr brp and my sons passport within a week
Ok. Is it within a week of applying or decision? Sorry but I just want to know if someone can request brp for urgent need. Thanks

Yes you can request your documents anytime , just email them and they will send your passport and brp within 10 days as i needed my brp to apply my sons british passport which i later on sent to support my wife flrfp application and they never asked my passport and brp again as they had already copied them . Just google request your documents from ukvi and you will find a link
Many thanks

Meet32
India

Post by Meet32 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:43 pm

bathanza wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:55 pm
Schwaa wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:02 pm
Hi is it consistently taking >6 months for FLR (FP) cases to be decided?

My wife is here on a student visa expiring early next year, we have a 2 month old baby together. I cannot provide all necessary evidence for FLR (M) earning requirements as I have a Ltd Company, I do have a house I can sell to meet savings requirements but it will take a while.

Our advisor says that she has consistent success with FLR FP cases and we can apply that way but mentioned varying the visa, so my idea is to apply FP but vary to M as soon as house is sold It would be reassuring if we believe that the FP application should be accepted if I could not sell my house though.
IF you apply the FLR FP Partner 10 year route BEFORE the visa expires, you won't have a problem varying to another visa.
The main thing is that your wife has a visa, she's got a valid BRP. The problem is that you'll be on a new route so her ILR will reset to the 10 year path. You will not have a problem and I don't think you need to sell the house to be that drastic.

piece of advice, do NOT let her overstay. Do NOT be afraid to apply for the appropriate route. You simply do not meet the financial obligations of a FLR M but do qualify for FLR FP.

The new system is set up so it's meant to be easier and apply online, no idea how it works but we had a same day success for an overstayer on a FLR FP route, very different to yours.

Just make sure you meet all the requirements for the partner route - cohabitation documents, marriage certificate and of course, your child makes a big difference. Apply online, provide a cover note with evidence and job is done. You don't need a solicitor but if you can afford one, go for it.

Hi bathanza em really happy that finally after along run u get visa in 1 day
I have trying to contact in ur premium successfull story but couldn’t get through as it’s locked
I want to ask u something
U said that u got letter from consulatant regarding ur medical problem
How do u get that
Was that gp or private ?
I have a similar case like u
I have applied for flr fp on my wife’s medical problem
After 8 months I got a letter saying that they need more documents & a letter from nhs consultant explaining the problem & treatments & they give me a deadline of 2 weeks
I have got just 5 days left
I would really like to ask u where shall I get those letters & reports for mri & scans
( my wife has got epilepsy & She can’t travel as well )
I waited for a good heart reply
Thanks

Monz
Wales

Post by Monz » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:44 am

We will b going on our appeal hearing on 11 feb .but our solicitor already saying v hav very less chances to b successful as our child is not 7 yet .he will b 7 years old in July .we want to extend our hearing date but not possible as need a appropriate reason for tht .can anyone suggest we should take our solicitor with us or go ourselves as we ll need to pay her if we take her with us .is it easy to present your bundle by yourself ?

Sk10

Post by Sk10 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:57 am

Hi all, I want to take advise regarding 7 year case on behalf of my son. He is 8.5 now. We have applied when he was 7 and got refusal after one year in Oct 2018 with appeal right. Appeal is due in June 2019. My solicitor sent a reconsideration request with appeal bundle already and said to us it is going 5-6 weeks to get a reply. From whichTwo weeks already passed. We will wait another 4 weeks. I just wanted to check would it be beneficial for us to go for one day service just for my son. Do I need to withdraw my appeal for my son before I go for one day service. I am asking coz if god forbid they refuse visa again I do not want to waist my appeal right.
Sorry it is long story but I wanted it to Brief to you before you talk to me.
Thanks in advance

Sk10

Post by Sk10 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:58 am

Please ignore second last line from my previous message.

RAZ1985
Newly Registered

Post by RAZ1985 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:05 pm

Monz wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:44 am
We will b going on our appeal hearing on 11 feb .but our solicitor already saying v hav very less chances to b successful as our child is not 7 yet .he will b 7 years old in July .we want to extend our hearing date but not possible as need a appropriate reason for tht .can anyone suggest we should take our solicitor with us or go ourselves as we ll need to pay her if we take her with us .is it easy to present your bundle by yourself ?
Your child should be 7 years old at the time of application, your solicitor is right you have not much chances in appeal, but try to extend your hearing if you can till july, and as soon as your child is 7 years old make a new application. There are so many judgements where it is established that if your child is not 7 years old at the date of application then your visa will be refused.

Monz
Wales

Post by Monz » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:15 pm

RAZ1985 wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:05 pm
Monz wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:44 am
Your child should be 7 years old at the time of application, your solicitor is right you have not much chances in appeal, but try to extend your hearing if you can till july, and as soon as your child is 7 years old make a new application. There are so many judgements where it is established that if your child is not 7 years old at the date of application then your visa will be refused.
But we don’t have any reason to give them to extend our hearing date .what reason can we give .we thought to tell them our bundle is not ready yet but solicitor said they won’t accept this until it’s something serious like medical or something
.we hav got our other child as well who has spent 8 years in this country but not born here .she was 4 when came n she is now 12 vll take her all school records with us

Jodh
Newly Registered
India

Post by Jodh » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:47 am

Hii guys ,
I'm new here. I came in uk in 2010 as student .my husband also came with me.my son born in 2011.now he is 7.5 year.we applied in July 20. 2019 on 7 year case. In September my second son born .in October hospital send the delivery bill £5000 .we pay monthly. Then we went for reporting. They said you should send birth certificate to homeoffice. We do not wht can we do. We r still waiting our decision. But didn't send his birth certificate yet.

Jodh
Newly Registered
India

Post by Jodh » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:05 pm

Jodh wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:47 am
Hii guys ,
I'm new here. I came in uk in 2010 as student .my husband also came with me.my son born in 2011.now he is 7.5 year.we applied in July 20. 2018 on 7 year case. In September my second son born .in October hospital send the delivery bill £5000 .we pay monthly. Then we went for reporting. They said you should send birth certificate to homeoffice. We do not wht can we do. We r still waiting our decision. But didn't send his birth certificate yet.

dhirja

Post by dhirja » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:41 pm

Hi
Varied to flr fp-parent route :20th November 2018
Given bio : 27th November 2018

Waiting for the response however got full NHS refund from the previous application.

Any one applied during that period and any update on their file.

Many thanks
Dhirja

shade
India

Post by shade » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:46 pm

Hello Shay007,
Did you hear anything back since then? I received the same letter yesterday along with my documents bundle excluding passport. The letter says all required documents has been scanned and any id documents will be retained until a decision is made. Mine was FLR HRO but the nature of letter was same so it would be be great to know if you had a positive outcome. I'm also reporting every 2 months.
shay007 wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:36 am
Auk333 wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:41 am
shay007 wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:12 am
Auk333 wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:06 am

Well mine was submitted on 12 April 2017
Same letter the one you got was revived on 15th December 2017 and then they give me refucsel on 6th March 2018 but they refused my application dated 15th December but refusel they hand over to me during the reporting and same time released on bail.
Are you reporting ??
Thanks again for the quick reply, and yes I am reporting(once a month). If I may ask do you know the timeframe of when your friend received his decision letter and his brp?
I think he was telling me 7/8 months
Thank you, mine shall be granted too as well by God’s grace.

Streetboy
BANNED
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Streetboy » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:46 pm

[quote=Streetboy post_id=1651747 time=1530129733 user_id=194603]
Application FLRFP 7 year child law all family over stayer.
Applied March 2017
Biometric done in April 2017
Chase up letter sent in Dec 2017 no reply for letter .
Called in office standard reply same day in FEB 2018 . Called again April 2018 standard reply your case not decided complex etc.
Today received reply from home office .
Decided . In country right appeal .

Lodged appeal 19th of May
Received appeal date 31 of aug 2018
I think that is very early and I have not enough time to prep my case esspically when kids school are closed in aug and I am thinking to adjurnt the hearing date.
Applied to adjurnt . Got new hearing in October 23 2018 but we still not ready.
Again applied to rehearing
Got new date in Feb 4 2019
Sent bundle 24th jan 2019
Received fax from home office 25 jan they will be withdrawing the decision and will be granting all family on 7 year law.
Finally bit relaxed
Don’t know how long will take to receive brp , do I have to give fingerprints again?

Update

Monz
Wales

Post by Monz » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:13 pm

Streetboy wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:46 pm
Streetboy wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:02 pm
Applied March 2017
Called in office standard reply same day in FEB 2018 . Called again April 2018 standard reply your case not decided complex etc.

I think that is very early and I have not enough time to prep my case esspically when kids school are closed in aug and I am thinking to adjurnt the hearing date.
Received fax from home office 25 jan they will be withdrawing the decision and will be granting all family on 7 year law.
Finally bit relaxed
Don’t know how long will take to receive brp , do I have to give fingerprints again?

Update
Can you please give more info did they decided your case before you went in appeal ?
How old was your child when you applied? And can we extend our hearing date ? We wanted to extend our date but solicitor said no we can’t do until we have some medical reason .

Streetboy
BANNED
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Streetboy » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:43 pm

Monz wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:13 pm
Streetboy wrote:
Streetboy wrote:
Applied March 2017

Finally bit relaxed

Update
Can you please give more info did they decided your case before you went in appeal ?
How old was your child when you applied? And can we extend our hearing date ? We wanted to extend our date but solicitor said no we can’t do until we have some medical reason .
We applied 7 year child law my child was 7 at the time of application . But they refused all family can go back etc as usual standard refusal.
I hired direct barrister. He told us book a child independent doctor to provide report that child unable to learn other language or cope with change of environment. We did but doctor was not available . We asked doctor to give us in writing g you are not available next 2 month or 3 month what ever and they did . We applied to delay the hearing on that letter told them doctor not available to access the child which is very important. So court accept that. Second time I told them same that I am unwell because I got medical issue as well.
When we send them bundle barrister send 25 pages covering letter with every single case law which apply to us and which made home office to withdraw their decision before hearing. Now I am waiting for BRP let’s see. I didn’t know how long will take now.

Vini81
Brazil

Post by Vini81 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:01 pm

Hey Streetboy,

I am thinking hiring a barrister directly as well.

How did you go about it?

Who did you hire? Are you able to tell?

Did you prepare a bundle yourself for the hearing?

Thanks

Streetboy wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:43 pm
Monz wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:13 pm
Streetboy wrote:
Streetboy wrote:
Applied March 2017

Finally bit relaxed

Update
We applied 7 year child law my child was 7 at the time of application . But they refused all family can go back etc as usual standard refusal.
I hired direct barrister. He told us book a child independent doctor to provide report that child unable to learn other language or cope with change of environment. We did but doctor was not available . We asked doctor to give us in writing g you are not available next 2 month or 3 month what ever and they did . We applied to delay the hearing on that letter told them doctor not available to access the child which is very important. So court accept that. Second time I told them same that I am unwell because I got medical issue as well.
When we send them bundle barrister send 25 pages covering letter with every single case law which apply to us and which made home office to withdraw their decision before hearing. Now I am waiting for BRP let’s see. I didn’t know how long will take now.

sardarshoaib
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by sardarshoaib » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:06 pm

Application Submitted on : 30/06/2018
Postal or In Person Application : POSTAL
Acknowledgement Received on (for postal app) : 04/07/2018
Biometric Letter Received : 14/07/2018
Biometrics Enrolled on : 14/07/2018
2nd extension on flr (fp)
Additional Documents Requested on (if any): NONE
Decision of Application : PENDING
Date of Decision : PENDING

My husband and three children are British citizens.

Any body knows how long Homeoffice is taking to process the FLR (FP) application

My mother is sick and we are planning to travel but due to late processing time we are too much worried

Is there any way to speed up the process.....

Anybody have homeoffice email address and phone please help me to sort out this problem

Thanks

Alaga247
Newly Registered

Post by Alaga247 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:12 pm

Send them mail on UK VISA AND IMMIGRATION post at p.o. box 3468 SHEFFIELD POSTAL CODE S3 8WA
TEL: 03001232241

miankhan819

Post by miankhan819 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:18 pm

Dear Sirs
I submitted my flrfp in September 2018
I don't biometric in oct
I submitted flrfp with my 3 children's. My husband got ILR. I do not had pass English test and could not meet income £27200 caused submitted flrfp. Now I have done English test and meet income £27200. Should I vary my application flrfp to flrM? Or stay flrfp?

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:40 pm

Meet32 wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:43 pm
bathanza wrote:
Schwaa wrote:

My wife is here on a student visa expiring early next year, we have a 2 month old baby together. I cannot provide all necessary evidence for FLR (M) earning requirements as I have a Ltd Company, I do have a house I can sell to meet savings requirements but it will take a while.

Our advisor says that she has consistent success with FLR FP cases and we can apply that way but mentioned varying the visa, so my idea is to apply FP but vary to M as soon as house is sold It would be reassuring if we believe that the FP application should be accepted if I could not sell my house though.
IF you apply the FLR FP Partner 10 year route BEFORE the visa expires, you won't have a problem varying to another visa.
The main thing is that your wife has a visa, she's got a valid BRP. The problem is that you'll be on a new route so her ILR will reset to the 10 year path. You will not have a problem and I don't think you need to sell the house to be that drastic.

piece of advice, do NOT let her overstay. Do NOT be afraid to apply for the appropriate route. You simply do not meet the financial obligations of a FLR M but do qualify for FLR FP.

The new system is set up so it's meant to be easier and apply online, no idea how it works but we had a same day success for an overstayer on a FLR FP route, very different to yours.

Just make sure you meet all the requirements for the partner route - cohabitation documents, marriage certificate and of course, your child makes a big difference. Apply online, provide a cover note with evidence and job is done. You don't need a solicitor but if you can afford one, go for it.

I have trying to contact in ur premium successfull story but couldn’t get through as it’s locked
How do u get that
Was that gp or private ?
After 8 months I got a letter saying that they need more documents & a letter from nhs consultant explaining the problem & treatments & they give me a deadline of 2 weeks
I would really like to ask u where shall I get those letters & reports for mri & scans
Thanks
I'm so sorry I haven't been able to get online to reply to you. I hope you're well.

I simply wrote to my consultant requesting urgent advice and a letter to explain my prognosis and current state.

I hope you managed to get the letter. I took me 3 weeks to get the letter and it was pivotal to our case.

All the best.

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

Meet32
India

Post by Meet32 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:07 pm

bathanza wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:40 pm
Meet32 wrote:
bathanza wrote:
Schwaa wrote:

How do u get that
Was that gp or private ?
Thanks
I'm so sorry I haven't been able to get online to reply to you. I hope you're well.

I simply wrote to my consultant requesting urgent advice and a letter to explain my prognosis and current state.

I hope you managed to get the letter. I took me 3 weeks to get the letter and it was pivotal to our case.

All the best.

Thanks for ur time
Yes the deadline was 7th feb
Sent all documents by special delivery on 6th evening
We have submitted the sick note ( stating not fit to fly until 21 feb)
A letter from gp saying that she’s not fit to fly but not sure about her diagnosis & treatment as some test need to be done
A letter from neurosurgeon saying that’s she’s invited but still got tissues in her brain

But I have send that neurosurgeon letter on 7th feb which was recieved today
Let’s pray & hope for the best
As we have been fed up with this visa process it’s been 1.5 year struggling & finally recieved a addition document letter some people say it’s positive thing
Some saying I will get a reply this week
Fingers crossed & praying

Monz
Wales

Post by Monz » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:39 am

Went to appeal hearing yesterday .solicitor said decision will come in about 6 weeks .hope for the best .

Vini81
Brazil

Post by Vini81 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:16 am

Hi Monz,

Very good luck to you!

How did it go? Was it in London??

Any tips for people about to have their hearing?

My mate had the hearing in Birmingham in November, I think you remember this. He had the decision after two months and the card and passports came back this week following the success of their appeal.

Hope you get good news soon!

quote=Monz post_id=1741465 time=1549957144 user_id=200313]
Went to appeal hearing yesterday .solicitor said decision will come in about 6 weeks .hope for the best .
[/quote]

Meet32
India

Post by Meet32 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:27 am

bathanza wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:40 pm
Meet32 wrote:
bathanza wrote:
Schwaa wrote:

How do u get that
Was that gp or private ?
Thanks

All the best.
Recieved a letter from home office saying I need to pay old jr fees which I loose in 2018 I forget to pay that invoice is it a good sign ?

Monz
Wales

Post by Monz » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:36 am

Vini81 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:16 am
Hi Monz,

Very good luck to you!

How did it go? Was it in London??

Any tips for people about to have their hearing?

My mate had the hearing in Birmingham in November, I think you remember this. He had the decision after two months and the card and passports came back this week following the success of their appeal.

Hope you get good news soon!

quote=Monz post_id=1741465 time=1549957144 user_id=200313]
[/quote]
Thanks .went good .we were really scared as never been to such situation but judge was very nice and man from home office as well .they asked questions first from my husband and than me .jus be calm and and don’t get panic it’s nothing to worry just give them true answers and rest they will make decision looking your bundle .our solicitor said we got good judge and home office guy as other guy who was in other court room she said was very strict he takes all history and ask many questions, so v were lucky in this way .our hearing was in Nottingham.still according our solicitor it’s 50 50 chance for us for success as our child is not 7 yet .