ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship application for main applicant and family members

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ntt05r
Vietnam

British Citizenship application for main applicant and family members

Post by ntt05r » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:31 pm

Hi all,

This summer I will have completed 12 months of ILR and hence be eligible to apply for BC. My wife and child will only have completed 5 months of ILR at that point so I'd like to ask forum members which the following is the right route for our BC applications:-

Option A: all of us apply for BC at the same time in one application or

Option B: I apply for BC first. Once I have BC then my wife and child can apply.

Option C: I apply when my 12 months comes, they apply when their 12 months comes.

Appreciate if you can point out the right immigration rules applying here or let me know if there have been any sucessful cases for any of the options.

Casa

Re: British Citizenship application for main applicant and family members

Post by Casa » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:53 pm

ntt05r wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:31 pm
Hi all,

This summer I will have completed 12 months of ILR and hence be eligible to apply for BC. My wife and child will only have completed 5 months of ILR at that point so I'd like to ask forum members which the following is the right route for our BC applications:-

Option A: all of us apply for BC at the same time in one application or

Option B: I apply for BC first. Once I have BC then my wife and child can apply. This one, assuming the standard requirements are met including within permitted absence limit and KOLL for your wife.

Option C: I apply when my 12 months comes, they apply when their 12 months comes.

Appreciate if you can point out the right immigration rules applying here or let me know if there have been any sucessful cases for any of the options.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ntt05r
Vietnam

Post by ntt05r » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:00 pm

Thank you Casa.

We barely get out of the UK so absence is not an issue. KOLL was met when we applied for ILR so not a problem.

At first I'd thought Option C was the only option. Suppose Option A has the risk of the main applicant not being sucessful and could result in the whole family fails. Agreed Option B is the way forward.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:16 am

They don't qualify for Option A. Only if they had 12 months on ILR would you all be able to apply at the same time.

Option B is the only one.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.