ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will the UKVI inform me when they receive my documents?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

viseasypeasy

Small error on settlement visa cover letter

Post by viseasypeasy » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:05 pm

Hi all,

My other half is currently in the process of applying for a UK-Settlement marriage visa to come and live with me in the UK. She has the biometrics on Monday, where she will submit the supporting documents.

I have noticed a small error on the cover letter that I provided for her. She previously lived in the UK on a tier-four student visa, but left once it expired. On my cover letter, which I have sent to her, I said she had to move back to Russia "after her tier 4 student visa expired in August 2015". In fact, the date that it expired was October 2015.

We, of course, are submitting copies of the passport that she had at the time, which show that the student visa expired in October 2015. But will it matter that I got the date wrong in my cover letter? I fear that I might not have enough time to print off, sign and send a new cover letter before Monday.

prejay

Re: Small error on settlement visa cover letter

Post by prejay » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:18 pm

Change it by hand to August (and annotate the change with your signature if you so desire)?

I hardly think it's going to matter, but for your own sanity's sake I'd just change it by hand.

viseasypeasy

Post by viseasypeasy » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:23 pm

Thanks, prejay. My fiancee is having the documents scanned on Monday, so I'd have to print off another cover letter and have it sent first class (for £39). Do you think the mistake is crucial to the application, or am I just being paranoid?

Another option would be to print off and sign the new cover letter, but scan it instead of sending it and have my fiancee print off. But would it have to be a wet signature?

prejay

Post by prejay » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:44 pm

Why not just have her amend the document by hand?

If you want a no-expense-spared route then send a new one. But as I said, I don't think it'll be that material (myself - I am not a professional) but for my own sanity I would just amend it by hand rather than waste £40 and more stress in ensuring the letter arrives via courier again.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:45 pm

You're being paranoid.

Amend the letter, resign it and email a scan copy to her.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

viseasypeasy

Post by viseasypeasy » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:59 pm

Thanks guys. Sorry for the paranoia - it's easily done when the application costs so much and you're fearing that your error might be the one that leads to a rejection!

Would they accept a scanned cover letter, or does it have to be a wet signature? Do you think it would be acceptable for her to amend it by hand?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:09 pm

Scanned should be ok.

BTW, a cover letter is not even required or mandatory.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

shazekh
Newly Registered
India

Post by shazekh » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:10 pm

They accept scanned cover letter, i have used scanned cover letter in my application and my application was successful so dont worry about it- they will accept it. Make sure to use a color print out and not B&W.

viseasypeasy

Post by viseasypeasy » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:19 pm

Ok, thanks. Do you think it would matter if I left it how it is (i.e. with the mistake) or do you think it's definitely worth correcting?

shazekh
Newly Registered
India

Re: Small error on settlement visa cover lette

Post by shazekh » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:49 pm

For peace of mind.. Cover letter is not required but if you are submitting any document then i would suggest it be correct especially when you know it and you have time to correct it. Better to be on safe side.

viseasypeasy

Will the UKVI inform me when they receive my documents?

Post by viseasypeasy » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:12 pm

Hi there,

I am sponsoring my partner, who is applying for a settlement-marriage visa from Moscow. She completed her biometrics on February 4, and we sent the supporting documents to Vulcan House the same day (the Home Office provide no guidance on where to send documents for Moscow applications - TLS Contact website told us to send it to Vulcan House).

We know that the supporting documents arrived on February 6, but I was just wondering whether it's likely that the UKVI will confirm receipt of the documents? I have heard in some cases the documents were sent back to the sponsor, but this isn't the case for all applicants. I just want to know that everything is there with them, safe and sound...

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Will the UKVI inform me when they receive my documents?

Post by seagul » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:02 pm

viseasypeasy wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:12 pm
Hi there,

I am sponsoring my partner, who is applying for a settlement-marriage visa from Moscow. She completed her biometrics on February 4, and we sent the supporting documents to Vulcan House the same day (the Home Office provide no guidance on where to send documents for Moscow applications - TLS Contact website told us to send it to Vulcan House).

We know that the supporting documents arrived on February 6, but I was just wondering whether it's likely that the UKVI will confirm receipt of the documents? I have heard in some cases the documents were sent back to the sponsor, but this isn't the case for all applicants. I just want to know that everything is there with them, safe and sound...
You should have sent it:

Settlement Applications, International Operations and Visas
PO Box 5852
Sheffield
United Kingdom
S11 0FX

But unfortunately there is no courier from outside the UK who delivers at PO Box addresses and its always wise that UK sponsor from UK use Royal mail to send it correctly to PO box address. I wish the staff at Vulcan house send it to correct p o box address.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

viseasypeasy

Post by viseasypeasy » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:21 pm

Hi Seagul,

Can you tell me where it says that visas from Russia must be sent to that address? We have never been sent that address. The only address that's only been given to my partner in official correspondence is Vulcan House. And the TLS Contact website told us to send to Vulcan House?

viseasypeasy

Post by viseasypeasy » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:04 pm

Anyone know the answer to the acknowledgement of docs question? And the Vulcan House thing? From looking online, it sounds like documents sent to the PO Boxes are assessed at Vulcan House, and that supporting docs can also be sent to Vulcan House.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:38 pm

As per members past experience in past whenever they sent their documents to Vulcan house then they always faced heavy inconvenience. And according to members opinion that Vulcan house is a place where they actually operate but only receive the documents at their PO box address held at post office.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

viseasypeasy

Post by viseasypeasy » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:19 pm

Ah, ok. This sounds like it could be problematic, then. What do you think I should do next? I phoned up the UKVI and they advised that the application status is ‘awaiting decision’ and that they’d get in touch if any documents are missing.

viseasypeasy

Post by viseasypeasy » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:35 pm

Anyone able to help with the above questions?